Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

# 37 Tessa & Scott: Thank You So Much

Hope all our fine with the title.

It's how he ended Mahler after all.

Have a wonderful skate Tessa and Scott you are always in our hearts!

vCash
    Great title.

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    It's no longer about some OGM and I am sure they feel that way. I hope they delivers an exceptional free dance.

Skate as one, Tessa and Scott.

vCash
    That's a great title indeed.

There is something I've been dying to get off my chest, so here it is.

I can't believe that stupid blog still gets hits. They insult V-M whenever they want and people continue reading it. I don't care about their technical analysis or whatever. They have published cruel things, even called Tessa horrible names because of the books she likes. That's a person who doesn't deserve a single web page hit. I just wish people stopped using it as a reputable source. It is not.

Yeah, I bet the blogger reads this. Don't care. You've done a huge disservice to this team all these years. Feed off your crowd of lunatics and even stalked this team, their families, and significant others. How is that sane? So, whatever this "blogger" has to say about the skating, I honestly don't care. It's nothing we haven't been saying, anyway. I hope the blogger moves on to a new obsession once VM retire. I don't know. Maybe of the fictional kind since they seem to believe life works like a soap opera or something. Maybe watch one of those CW shows were there are like 10 love triangles, that should keep them busy for more than four years.

vCash
    Are we talking about the infamous sekret baby blog?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canbelto View Post
    Are we talking about the infamous sekret baby blog?
    i assume that is what Golightly is referring to.
    is it the same person/people hosting the ice dance analysts blog?

vCash
    Tessa and Scott have given something special, they bring that traditional roots of dance with something modern. They are among the most decorated dance teams out there. Consider it: Three world silvers, two world titles, one OGM, and likely now two Olympic silver medals. Quite the list. What I love is how they make it all look so elegant. They can go out with no regrets. IMO, they are the best ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    i assume that is what Golightly is referring to.
    is it the same person/people hosting the ice dance analysts blog?
    I'm talking about the stupid idiot who keeps saying there are babies and other conspiracy theories.

The IDA blog is, to my knowledge, a general ice dance blog, focused on the sport as a technical discipline. It's not the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    That's a great title indeed.

There is something I've been dying to get off my chest, so here it is.

I can't believe that stupid blog still gets hits. They insult V-M whenever they want and people continue reading it. I don't care about their technical analysis or whatever. They have published cruel things, even called Tessa horrible names because of the books she likes. That's a person who doesn't deserve a single web page hit. I just wish people stopped using it as a reputable source. It is not.

Yeah, I bet the blogger reads this. Don't care. You've done a huge disservice to this team all these years. Feed off your crowd of lunatics and even stalked this team, their families, and significant others. How is that sane? So, whatever this "blogger" has to say about the skating, I honestly don't care. It's nothing we haven't been saying, anyway. I hope the blogger moves on to a new obsession once VM retire. I don't know. Maybe of the fictional kind since they seem to believe life works like a soap opera or something. Maybe watch one of those CW shows were there are like 10 love triangles, that should keep them busy for more than four years.
    I think it gets hits because it does offer an anaylsis of the skating and they do discuss about skating as well. That is where I got my information of the practice. I think thats why it has been getting hits as of late people have been posting info about their practices in Sochi.

I think this is the best title. Such a good way to celebrate the ending of V/M's career. https://24.media.tumblr.com/8af9324f...4mxmo4_250.gif Scott happy dace is the best!

vCash
    article from cbc
    http://olympics.cbc.ca/blogs/author/...alm-storm.html

"Virtue and Moir, however, are not confused. They seem to have reached a level of calm amid the storm by understanding what does matter, and what no longer does."

vCash
    LOL, IKR? I don't even get why they like V/M and get mad about scores and things like that when they call Tessa a psychopath and Scott a moron in the next breath.

vCash
    article from cbc

"Virtue and Moir, however, are not confused. They seem to have reached a level of calm amid the storm by understanding what does matter, and what no longer does."
    Praise be to God! This is what I've been waiting for. They've been killing themselves bending backwards to please judges, tech panel, Marina that they forgot about skating for themselves. I hope they don't think about all the bullshit that's been thrown their way these few years and enjoy their FD tomorrow.
    https://twitter.com/tom_wilso/status/435232840876560384
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Finally watched the short dance & am almost speechless at how flawless, divine Scott & Tessa's dance. What a travesty to be placed second. Not surprised that TV, online, twitter all abuzz about the "fix" as ex skaters & coaches weigh in & agree that T/S should be leading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    LOL, IKR? I don't even get why they like V/M and get mad about scores and things like that when they call Tessa a psychopath and Scott a moron in the next breath.
    split personality, perhaps? (that's a joke, in case people get all up in arms).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    I think it gets hits because it does offer an anaylsis of the skating and they do discuss about skating as well. That is where I got my information of the practice. I think thats why it has been getting hits as of late people have been posting info about their practices in Sochi.

I don't care. Again, their analysis is no different from what we've covered here for years and years. I've only been there once and that's because people linked to the twizzles comparison there. When I saw what people wrote in the comments, I left. I get the sense they don't even like this team. Then someone told me they started to publish nasty things about Tessa because of her choice of books. How pathetic is that? So, again, whatever that idiot has to say about the skating, I don't give a damn. I can see for myself what's going on with the skating and we have discussed it at length here. Don't see why people need to validate that crazy blog by reading it.

vCash
    article from cbc

Good article. Sums up a lot of things quite nicely.

Cute to see the tweet from Tom Wilson. And as for the blog... I just wasted twenty minutes on a good laugh from the archives. "If they outright deny their child, there it is, forever." Goodness gracious.

vCash
    LOL, it's really funny because they provide zero evidence for anything they're saying except for the fact that Tessa gained a little weight in 2011 and posed for a picture holding her jacket over her stomach? And that they did a phone interview once with a baby crying in the background?

vCash
    Just rewatched twice- 4th and 5th viewing. This performance is going to be like their Vancouver performances to me- programs I watch over and over for years.

My favourite moments right now:
    Scott's wink just before the music starts
    Scott's clap and gesture towards Tessa right after the twizzles
    Tessa's facial expression in the turns right before the end pose
    Their reaction after the music stops
    Scott's little shrug in the K&C after the scores came up- acknowledgement that the scores don't matter anymore if they're not going to reflect the performance

I can't even be angry anymore. The judging is just pathetic, and when something is pathetic I tend to feel sorry rather than angry. I'm just so happy with how Tessa and Scott skated, and with how happy they were afterwards, and with their "the scores don't matter" attitude.

I held out hope for fair judging until the GPF SD (the first time D&W beat V&M in a competition segment where V&M were 100% clean and I couldn't make excuses for the judges). So I've had ~2 months to accept that V&M will get silver here. All I wanted coming in was performances we could cherish, and that's what they gave us last night.

Here's hoping for another one tonight.

"Thank you, so much" is exactly right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    LOL, it's really funny because they provide zero evidence for anything they're saying except for the fact that Tessa gained a little weight in 2011 and posed for a picture holding her jacket over her stomach? And that they did a phone interview once with a baby crying in the background?
    And one time she wore a knotted button-down to the Calgary Stampede with a white shirt underneath instead of going bare belly!

vCash
    Psst guys don't you know? The girl has a name, Quinn, or is it Charlotte?

Seriously though I think the blogger has some major major boundary issues. Her determination that Tessa and Scott must be hiding a baby in the dungeon takes shipping to an uncomfortable level, and all those cutouts she made remind me of a serial killer collage. It's creepy.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast