Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

vCash
    A suggestion for a new title might be "Tessa & Scott: Simply Timeless"
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Like this suggestion.

With regards to music, V/M have always tried to not choose overused music so as much as we wanted them to dance a ballet with dynamic music, it was unlikely to happen.

I was hoping that they would have danced to excerpts from La Bayadere (The Temple Dancer)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUiUVt6QNg

While not obscure, at least it hasn't been used before (as far as I can recall) and has dynamic music (and a storyline - easy for those judges). Oh well, perhaps an exhibition?

ETA: New article by Tracy Wilson (not sure I agree with last statement).

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=444877

"Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir in the Ice Dance delivered the moment they had hoped for at centre ice in Sochi. Their Free Dance was undoubtedly their best of the season and was a skate that will be remembered for years to come as an "all-time great performance." What they have done for the sport of ice dance with their beautiful lines, connection to each other, versatile portrayals, and athleticism is they have clearly defined the sport's identity. They bring the sense of dance to the forefront and stay true to it usually at a price, because the artistic risks they take add technical difficulty, which I believe has often gone unrewarded. The Free Dance event was spectacular in Sochi with all teams delivering dramatically and once again the wonderful careers of Meryl Davis and Charlie White and Tessa and Scott were revered and celebrated. Did the judges get it right? The debate will rage on and in the end there were no losers, only winners in what was a captivating dance event. "
    Last edited by ddtpdx; 03-01-2014 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    Somewhere in Time is very powerful music, much easier to digest than Seasons (for the audience). At least people will not say the music "doesn't go anywhere". Somewhere in Time is at least as powerful as Scheherazade yes
    This just show people have different opinion about music. And this show the music choice will never be perfect for everyone.
    And again its TS didnt name Carmen there best FD. So Seasons maybe music, they like, and i cant understand why they need excuses for there programs if its judges, who even didnt understand "Carmen".

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Like this suggestion.

With regards to music, V/M have always tried to not choose overused music so as much as we wanted them to dance a ballet with dynamic music, it was unlikely to happen.

I was hoping that they would have danced to excerpts from La Bayadere (The Temple Dancer)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUiUVt6QNg

While not obscure, at least it hasn't been used before (as far as I can recall) and has dynamic music (and a storyline - easy for those judges). Oh well, perhaps an exhibition?
    I love that idea! I had also been thinking it would be excellent music for V&M. Sarah Hughes used it for her LP in 2003. U&Z did an Indian Temple Dance FD in 1988, but I don't believe it was ballet music, so it's definitely a fresh enough idea for ice dance.

vCash
    Not to be nitpicky or anything, but could the new title include their last names instead? It's how we always did it before the show came about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I like this! We can do Virtue & Moir: Simply Timeless instead since some people want their last names.

Thanks for uploading the interview, Ice Princess! Thanks for the links Jessie.

vCash
    Does anybody have a download link for the individual short as and free dances?

vCash
    I was contemplating that the new Thread title should be: "They know what they did. I know what they did. We all know what they did" But I think it is too long. I also think another reason why Somewhere in Time was axed is because Marina was determined on givnig them music from Russia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    O, this kids are amazing. And one small girl remind me little Tessa - very well spoken.
    Now i wish to know - where they will made new ex for SOI. Guys, please, not with Marina.

You know in Espoo Scott wasnt happy to read they will be doing Romeo and Juliet. I think its cliche for them.
    And yes, they want to use "Somewhere in Time". But honestly, did you think this music is so pwoerfull, like Shceherezade? I think its could be worst, then Seasons and its not audience friendly piece.
    Tessa wish all 4 years to use "Pride and prejudice". Do you think this will be better? I dont think so.
    Swan Lake yes, but maybe they didnt want to use oberused music.
    The problrm is no Tessa or Scott didnt said there favorite programs are PF, Carmen, Samba, so they love this soft romantic style.
    As for Seasons. I understand, this music not everyone cup of tea. But this music not bad, liek some of you think. The problem was music cut. Glasunov didnt have such dramatic style and changing tempo and rythm, so Sviridov were a good choice, but the twizzles part were not so good.
    My favorite Seasons perfomance were at GPF - Tessa show so much drama, it as amazing.
    At OG they were fa;wers, but missed that dramatic.
    And was this Zpueva choice? Tessa and Scott said they try to fix problems along. They change first lift because judges didnt rewarded innovetions and difficulty, they change ending (i LOVE that original Tessa position). So Zoueva could sleep well and said - i tell them, but they didnt want to do this.
    Then i think this new rules for ice dance kiil something in this last 4 years. It will be interesting to see how Seasons will look like if it was made acoording to the old rules, when they didnt need to show this change of tempo and rythm. Overall in my opinion in 2010 ODs and FDs were much better, then in 2014.
    I love Glazunov And I wished they used more of Seasons. I felt the changes to the Tchaikovsky piano piece and Glazunov's waltz were jarring and I thnk that's why Seasons wasn't so well received. Sviridov would've been a very good choice depending on which Sviridov pieces they would use beacuse they are really strong pieces of music. Rachmaninoff Symphonies too, but I think its obvious Marina was reserving Rachmaninoff for someone else I have to agree about the GPF. I think they had the whole package at GPF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by supergirl573 View Post
    Does anybody have a download link for the individual short as and free dances?
    I have them all recorded but not uploaded. I tried to do the team ones on mediafire and couldn't get it to work. I'll try again for you tomorrow, just check back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    I have them all recorded but not uploaded. I tried to do the team ones on mediafire and couldn't get it to work. I'll try again for you tomorrow, just check back.
    Thank you! You've the greatest!

vCash
    I just found this photo from practice at nationals. One of my favourites, maybe ever. http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/12867208205/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    I just found this photo from practice at nationals. One of my favourites, maybe ever. http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/12867208205/
    They look so angelic

vCash
    Somebody tweeted that Tessa and Scott were at the Flying Dog last night. It's a restaurant in Waterloo, Ontario. I have a guess they might be working with Suzanne Killing on an ex piece. If I remember correctly she choreographed ANMHE (which wasn't one of my favorites and Tessa and Scott didn't keep it for long either).

Tessa with somebody (a fan possibly): http://instagram.com/p/k_NiDNOulj/
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Somebody tweeted that Tessa and Scott were at the Flying Dog last night. It's a restaurant in Waterloo, Ontario. I have a guess they might be working with Suzanne Killing on an ex piece. If I remember correctly she choreographed ANMHE (which wasn't one of my favorites and Tessa and Scott didn't keep it for long either).

Tessa with somebody (a fan possibly): http://instagram.com/p/k_NiDNOulj/
    Anyway, i like if TS work with Suzanne Killing not Zoueva.
    I think they just try to made something along. Maybe this will not be there best ex, but will be interesting how TS see them on ice.
    I wish our dear Jen Swan will work with them soon too.

vCash
    Honestly, the problem with ANMH was the music. I'm not a fan. The program itself was fun, even revisited some cool lifts.

I love how this team is so loyal to their roots. They always work with people who have known them for years. That says a lot about a person. Maybe that's why they stayed with Marina, because they valued that relationship.

vCash
    Speaking of exos. I've been meaning to ask, is Stay their best exo ever? I'm leaning towards yes the more I watch it.

vCash
    I loved their Carmen EX but in terms of wholly original gala numbers, Stay is up there. But I loved their ballet barre program the best, even though they didn't perform it all that often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Honestly, the problem with ANMH was the music. I'm not a fan. The program itself was fun, even revisited some cool lifts.

I love how this team is so loyal to their roots. They always work with people who have known them for years. That says a lot about a person. Maybe that's why they stayed with Marina, because they valued that relationship.
    Yes, look like they respect all people, who worked with them and respect work this people did for them. Hope good things will happened with good people.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast