Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    It's kind of funny that it's resulted in the nicest and most pleasant this thread has been in quite a while, LOL.
    It's actually such a relief to be able to let go of the scoring and know that they seem to have let go of it too. Looking forward to their skate with so many mixed emotions... this sport will miss them more than it knows.

vCash
    Well I made peace myself also regarding the medal.

They were amazing yesterday. We know they are the best. That 's all that matters.

I made peace that no matter what happens Tessa and Scott could do a Level 5 lol and they won't win.

Even if Charlie and Meryl falls on the ice. Scott and Tessa will have 107 for a perfect program and Meryl and Charlie will have 115 and a new WR.

vCash
    Didn't Marina forbid Tessa to wear pink in Vancouver? She said you cannot wear pink on the podium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tourtiere View Post
    Didn't Marina forbid Tessa to wear pink in Vancouver? She said you cannot wear pink on the podium.
    I thought it was because Mahler was supposed to be an engagement/wedding piece?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Yes. To all of this.

Let us see the judges POV. We are not morons, we can tell a flat from a deep edge, even a slightly deep edge or a slightly flat edge. We can tell turns, we can tell transitions. Why can't we see what they see? I'm not asking to be a judge, I'm asking for the judging to be transparent. At the same time, this new perspective would educate us more and educate the new fans. Everyone wins.
    Co-signing with ya'll. This is what is needed to grow the sport. Look at all the analysis/graphics/footage that is used in the NFL and NBA, for example. Knowledge sparks interest.

vCash
    I just have to say - "thank you so much" to all of the loyal Tessa and Scott fans who have come to this thread and shared their opinions, hopes, fears and great love for this team over the years. I am not sure I could have survived this without being able to come here and read and vent. It will be sad to not see this thread on the first page. We have had a great run and definitely backed the best team!
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    I thought it was because Mahler was supposed to be an engagement/wedding piece?
    No. I remember very clearly she didn't want Tessa wearing pink in Vancouver because she said you cannot wear pink on the podium. Maybe she thinks V/M will be off the podium.

vCash
    Yep. I thought that too. Marina said you don't wear pink on an Olympic podium.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Well she also told them love, love, love and to skate through rainbows and we know where that got them
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    Co-signing with ya'll. This is what is needed to grow the sport. Look at all the analysis/graphics/footage that is used in the NFL and NBA, for example. Knowledge sparks interest.
    YES! Lynn Rutherford's new article is saying "because D/W got these marks in the past, and V/M didn't, the scores were fair. No one was robbed". It's sad that analysis and footage is not being pored in any detail at all.

vCash
    So before the coverage started on TSN Kurt Browning said "we thought the judging was fair last night". WTF?! Give your head a shake Kurt. He and Lane should be pointing out all of D/Ws deficiencies and weaknesses. But i guess they don't in order to protect the sport?

Also during Carron and Jones FD, Carol Lane says that there's too much hand to hand skating. Um, Carol, that as been the trend for several years now with D/W leading the charge on that one. Almost all the teams skate like that now....Wi D/W and I/K being some of the worst offenders...I don't think the judges give two hoots about dance holds anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    This just came on my twitter https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/s...82623527534592 But does anyone here find it a little bit rude for soemone from Icenetwork to say this about the inventor of the Finnstep? Its a bit OT but they are talking about the comments he made about Virtue/Moir.
    OMG, what a fool she is to say that!

vCash
    More positivity needed!

Tessa and Scott are already trending on Twitter for some reason even though they're like an hour from skating, LOL.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    YES! Lynn Rutherford's new article is saying "because D/W got these marks in the past, and V/M didn't, the scores were fair. No one was robbed".
    She's wrong though. I was reading some of her tweets and she was saying they got level 3s in team event which is incorrect. They got their levels for the Finnstep in the team event. D&W didn't (got 3 & 4). I don't know if she corrected herself or acknowledged it yet, it's hard to wade through her twitter feed at the moment.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    OMG, what a fool she is to say that!

What does it say? Link doesn't work for me.

vCash
    She's deleted it but she made some comment about KoKko being a telecom executive so he doesn't know what he's talking about re: the judging. Which is laughable given that he is the creator of the Finnstep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    What does it say? Link doesn't work for me.
    She just dissed Petri Kokko. According to Ms. Rutherford, Petri's opinion is invalid because "is not a tech caller, does not know rules, and he is not in skating. He's a telecommunications executive".

Ouch!

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Didn't she interview them recently for an article on Icenetwork?

Anyway, moving along, sending good vibes to Tessa and Scott today

vCash
    Well for me the question still remains - "Why did T&S lose the level?" Show us! Petri Kokko did not just say so and so are better, he mentioned a problem in timing. Whether everyone agrees or not - at least we can understand the reasoning. I think it would be hard to invest so much in ice dancing when the key decisions seem so arbitrary.
    pug lover

vCash
    The Lynn Rutherford tweet was just No wonder she removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    So before the coverage started on TSN Kurt Browning said "we thought the judging was fair last night". WTF?! Give your head a shake Kurt. He and Lane should be pointing out all of D/Ws deficiencies and weaknesses. But i guess they don't in order to protect the sport?
    I think this plays a big role. Kurt probably thinks the judging stinks, but it's still his beloved sport, he earns his living from it, so of course he wants to protect it and maintain its fanbase. None of these former skaters want to see skating fall further in public estimation or, god forbid, drop out of the Olympics. As much as we would love Scott to come out in a press conference and stick it the skating powers that be, we would probably rather see him work the Moir magic as a successful coach one day. I guess you don't bite the hand that feeds you and may continue to feed you in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I just have to say - "thank you so much" to all of the loyal Tessa and Scott fans who have come to this thread and shared their opinions, hopes, fears and great love for this team over the years. I am not sure I could have survived this without being able to come here and read and vent. It will be sad to not see this thread on the first page. We have had a great run and definitely backed the best team!
    This, guys. This. Anyone else wish we could stop time right now? I don't want it to be over.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast