Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    So we're all crazy for questioning scores but Sotnikova just beat Yuna Kim for gold. Yeah, okay. :eyeroll:
    I was shocked at thePCS for Sotnikova.
    Funny how Kurt and Carol point to things like skating skills, transitions, etc. in justifying why they thought Yuna should have been first. I guess that silly stuff only matters in singles and pairs skating.
    Oh how i wish V&M skated for Russia--they would be treated like royalty rather than abandoned by their own federation and 'experts' like Carol, Kurt, and PJ.
    I wondered for a while if Skate Canada had been politicking for Patrick and throwing V&M under the bus in order to do so. But after seeing Patrick's PCS here, i am rethinking that (not complaining about the final result--Hanyu deserves it). Is this federation just complacent? Lazy? Incompetent? I hope V&M continue skating and defect to Russia!

vCash
    So we're all crazy for questioning scores but Sotnikova just beat Yuna Kim for gold. Yeah, okay. :eyeroll:
    No kidding, right? I hope people dig into the PCS for Sotnikova because those are WAY too high.

vCash
    V/M are in good silver medal company with Patrick and Yu-Na Kim... two controversial near-repeats for the Vancouver gold medalists, but two (or rather four!) programs they should be proud of!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    PCS - politically corrupted score

vCash
    I don't think Hanyu really deserved gold, but I don't really think Patrick did either with that skate he put out. The men's event was a complete disaster from start to finish. If I had my way, no one would have medaled based on those performances, LOL.

vCash
    Lol people on twitter are comparing Yuna to Tessa and Scott saying they were both robbed.

Also from twitter and unconfirmed I don't know where they saw this, but apparently Marina said VM have a new ex.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Lol people on twitter are comparing Yuna to Tessa and Scott saying they were both robbed.
    Hopefully, V&M go to Yuna's show and they can do a routine together.

Haven't watched any of the ladies (except for Mao before I left for work), so I don't have an opinion.

Even if V&M don't end up competing anymore, I would love to see a show number choreo'd by Fabian.

vCash
    The Ladies result is nothing like the Dance: Sotnikova lost to Kim on PCS (small difference, despite Kim's face being blank for all her elements and only coming alight during some of the choreographic highlights), but beat her fair and square on the technical. I wouldn't have minded Kim winning (it could have gone either way as far as I'm concerned), but comparing the judging in the Ladies to the judging in Dance is not credible.

vCash
    BkFan, you truly come up with the best ideas. I hope this travesty of scoring (Yuna beaten by 5 points?)now makes it impossible for the judging to go on the way it has this last few seasons. Like the Queen of Hearts, I say "off with their Heads!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokesh View Post
    The Ladies result is nothing like the Dance: Sotnikova lost to Kim on PCS (small difference, despite Kim's face being blank for all her elements and only coming alight during some of the choreographic highlights), but beat her fair and square on the technical. I wouldn't have minded Kim winning (it could have gone either way as far as I'm concerned), but comparing the judging in the Ladies to the judging in Dance is not credible.
    It's not a huge stretch, IMO. Yuna was underscored on her short program like V/M were and Sotnikova was overscored in the long just like D/W were.

Oh well, we all know Yulia isn't getting that gold in Pyeongchang after this, LOL.

vCash
    So cute! Scott and Patrick (and maybe Andrew Poje was there as well) were super excited at the Canada vs. USA gold medal women's hockey final! Canadian women hockey players won gold!

vCash
    Just caught the Canadian women's win in the hockey. LOL of course Scott was leading the athletes' celebrations in the stands, accompanied by his main man P. Chiddy. I love how these guys are really getting the most out of the Olympic experience.

I'm following the latest judging controversy with interest, although I don't have much of an opinion since ladies' is the only discipline I don't really follow. I watch it at Worlds and Olys and that's it. I had never even heard of Sotnikova before yesterday

ETA: X-post with Bunhead!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokesh View Post
    But Yuna has mch more refinement to both her blade technique and her overall movement. Sotnikova was incredible on her jumps but was overmarked on her step sequence and her PCS was way too high. Caro should have won the GOEs on the step sequence and every single category of PCS, just as V&M should have.

Brw, Tessa was sitting next to Alex above the guys, and Kirsten was on Dylan's shoulders and Paige and Rudy were there and Kaitlyn was to the left of the guys. Cute how they like to attend the events together. At nationals i got the feeling that that particular group is really tight. Nice to see

girlscouse62, i'll get started on the paperwork!
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 02-20-2014 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    LOL Scott and Patrick were going apeshit.

Edit: Tessa was there too. https://31.media.tumblr.com/f3ea98b7...j4v3o1_500.png

Sotnikova was incredible on her jumps
    Her landing on at least three of her jumps today were so off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Hopefully, V&M go to Yuna's show and they can do a routine together.

Haven't watched any of the ladies (except for Mao before I left for work), so I don't have an opinion.

Even if V&M don't end up competing anymore, I would love to see a show number choreo'd by Fabian.
    I wish TS will made Yu-Na show, but maybe they will doing CSOI in this time.
    I love Caro and best for me at this event was her medal at OG, well deserve, Bella!
    Mao is a real fighter, hope she will win WCh.
    So VM are with Zoueva again? Maybe thia will be something Russian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    LOL Scott and Patrick were going apeshit.

Edit: Tessa was there too. https://31.media.tumblr.com/f3ea98b7...j4v3o1_500.png
    Thanks, and Scott look at Tessa. Why i am wonder?

vCash
    Team Canada at the hockey game:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bc4c2c02a...yucvo2_400.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/fc9cd139a...yucvo1_400.gif

Kaitlyn is so cute, LOL.

Edit:

So VM are with Zoueva again? Maybe thia will be something Russian
    I hear both V/M and D/W exhibition pieces will be skated to Russian music? Boo, I wanted Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    Team Canada at the hockey game:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bc4c2c02a...yucvo2_400.gif
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/fc9cd139a...yucvo1_400.gif

Kaitlyn is so cute, LOL.

Edit:

I hear both V/M and D/W exhibition pieces will be skated to Russian music? Boo, I wanted Umbrellas of Cherbourg.
    Omg Scott and Patrick losing their minds. Who's the older guy between Patrick and Andrew?

Where did you hear that? Why Russian piece? Well I know why but was hoping for something mainstream.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Towards the end of the hockey broadcast they put the camera right on Scott (and the bunch, but Scott front & centre) and they went crazy & started a CA-NA-DA! chant (even moreso than the GIFs above). So great that they're making the most of these Olympics!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

I was shocked at thePCS for Sotnikova.
    Funny how Kurt and Carol point to things like skating skills, transitions, etc. in justifying why they thought Yuna should have been first. I guess that silly stuff only matters in singles and pairs skating.
    Oh how i wish V&M skated for Russia--they would be treated like royalty rather than abandoned by their own federation and 'experts' like Carol, Kurt, and PJ.
    I wondered for a while if Skate Canada had been politicking for Patrick and throwing V&M under the bus in order to do so. But after seeing Patrick's PCS here, i am rethinking that (not complaining about the final result--Hanyu deserves it). Is this federation just complacent? Lazy? Incompetent? I hope V&M continue skating and defect to Russia!
    Agree!

Although I never thought SC was politicking for Patrick, since the ongoing negative rhetoric about him was never countered. Not promoting any of their skaters properly. Hard to understand, since other feds were clearly doing so (e.g. just look at the icenetwork concept).

Is that Jian Ghomeshi in Tessa's row? LOL. Watch out, girl!
    Last edited by flowerpower; 02-20-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast