Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I saw T&D skate live, and watched many competitions, and "ethereal" is not a descriptor I'd ever have used.
    But they are classic. To me classic is etheral, sublime.

vCash
    You know, at the end of the day if we've participated in FS or followed it for a while we know that the judging can be . Not pointing fingers here.

But the sport itself is not . It is an amazing endeavour that takes years of commitment to acquire the technique that makes the art appear easy. Watching the top skaters is a privilege. So kudos T&S. Thanks for your commitment, and I hope you continue to enjoy the sport on whatever level makes sense to you. (And thanks to all the other skaters as well.)

vCash
    If you're not sick of them at the hockey game yet- here's the video
    http://colbornes.tumblr.com/post/773...ate-the-womens

vCash

vCash
    That #26 photo is stunning. Tessa's arm movements are to die for, really. And one never wonders if Meryl and Charlie ever did it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    WOW that person really likes VM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    No humility there more like overinflated opinion!
    On another front, thank you Shayii

vCash
    So unbelievably touching for Scott to tell Tessa that no matter what they did she should remember he loves her. Way to go Scott!
    I honestly don't think I could love Scott Moir more than hearing that he said that too her. <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Agree!
    Although I never thought SC was politicking for Patrick, since the ongoing negative rhetoric about him was never countered. Not promoting any of their skaters properly. Hard to understand, since other feds were clearly doing so (e.g. just look at the icenetwork concept).
    True...i just wondered if they were doing something more covert. Guess not.
    With V&M, they should have hit back at knocks on their 'deteriorating technique' in 2012/2013 (they made mistakes because of the difficulty of their material, a level of difficulty that was not approached by any of their competitors), about Tessa's injury, etc. Actually, when they started losing on PCS, SC should have emphasized their superior skating skills, posture, line, sense of movement. I just cannot fathom how they could sit back and let all of this happen, especially after seeing some of the agressive PR campaign mounted against them.

Anyways, ita that watching these top skaters is a privilege. I just hope that the discussions on the issues in the judging continue so that things improve. And i really hope fewer people frame it as a matter of preference when there are specific things about sound technique that make it sound technique and there are criteria laid out in CoP (though yes, the rules could stand to be more specific) that are supposed to elevate this to something beyond personal preference.

vCash
    After watching yesterday I believe that it doesn't matter what was done on the ice. It was what was done off the ice that counted.
    So honestly I am glad that they had two wonderful skates.

vCash
    John Doyle in the Globe and Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...board/follows/

I am not 100% sure what he is trying to say, but these swan song articles are really starting to depress me.

at number 26. Honestly they are so convincing that I still sometimes think, really? Not even once, guys?!

vCash
    Thanks Bue, that is an interesting article. I'm not sure I really understand what he is getting at either but it seems like he is kind of saying this is figure skating, get over it. I think the world has changed though and people demand more explanation in just about anything. Doctors, dentists - whatever, have to try to explain things to us as we are no longer willing to accept that they are better educated, it is too complicated for us to understand, and we just have to take their word for it. We can come home and look things up on the internet, even read ratings and other people's opinion of that professional. Also, social media has brought like minded people together. The mayor of our city won his first election based mainly on a very successful social media campaign. Governments have now been toppled because frustrated and angry people have shared their feelings and ideas. I do not believe figure skating can remain or gain popularity without being able to back up their decisions. They, like everybody else, need positive reviews (I realize you can't please everyone) to retain fans.
    pug lover

vCash
    Just one more thing and then I am finished - we all have to own our own history. What does Dr. Phil say "the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour". Figure skating has a "prior", in fact they are "convicted felons" in the eyes of many. No matter which side of the SLC fiasco you fall on, it was not a success for the sport or it's judging. No one suffers more then those who appear to have won under questionable judging. Just ask Patrick Chan. This lovely Russian girl who won did nothing wrong and skated her heart out for herself and her country and she deserves nothing but our respect and praise. If anyone answers for this it should be those who call the shots. I feel the same for Davis and White.
    pug lover

vCash
    Why would skate canada complain ? They probably decided long ago to politick for the men, and let the ice dance go
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Why would skate canada complain ? They probably decided long ago to politick for the men, and let the ice dance go
    If they did then Patrick would have won.....as both Hanyu and he messed up in the final.

vCash
    Because Chan messed up more?

Anyway, I'm glad Team Canada has been enjoying the Olympics.
    Last edited by Golightly; 02-21-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: No

vCash
    Canadian Olympic team gave Tessa and Kaitlyn valentines on valentines day http://instagram.com/p/kZEpDADK-X/. And a pic of Nathalie, Fabian, Isabella Tobias, Tessa, Scott, and another guy http://instagram.com/p/kqP3c5NCbk/.

Does anybody have a list of skaters invited to the gala?
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Tobias and Bourzat look cuddly.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    I honestly don't think I could love Scott Moir more than hearing that he said that too her. <3
    If he followed it by saying "and we're staying for another four years..."

I know, not going to happen but a girl can dream!

All this talk of judging controversy is doing no favours for the sport. I'm not sure if this will all die down after the Olympics but it will be interesting to see what happens moving forward. I think Ashley Wagner said it perfectly with "This sport needs to be held more accountable with its system if they want people to believe in it."

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast