Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    ... Because Adelina has total control over what the judges give her..... some fan you are.

ADELINA
    she/he was a big fan of her before she became a threat to his/her fave lol!

vCash
    My favorite skaters are Osmond, Daleman, Li, and Wagner who never had a hope to medal here so try again. I cant stand any of the current top 3, but it is obvious to even a blind man the other 2 were atleast a good 5 points better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Adelina is not my fave but the russians are doing in THEIR olympics games exactly the same thing Canadians did in Vancouver(americans also just not as bad as the canadians) but at least the russians have EARN their medals. Do we blame Ashley Wagner for knowing she was going to be in the team inspite that horrendous skate at nats?
    The Canadians werent overscored in Vancouver. V&M clearly beat the field in dance. Chan wasnt held up the way he usually is, which is funny, scored fairly at home but way overscored and held up the rest of his career. Rochette deserved her bronze and might have been robbed of silver since Asada made 2 huge mistakes and had the worst programs of her career. So nothing like Russia which is the most overscored home Olympics in history by a huge margin. I hope the earned Russian medals are not questioned now due to the ridiculous Sotnikova scores, which are the worst of the entire Russian team so far.

vCash
    Adelina really brought her A game today. Congrats to her on a great skate. I hope she skates a clean and strong LP tomorrow.

vCash
    Granted, I'm out of touch, but this girl came out of left field didn't she? Makes you wonder why the Russians hung their hat on Lipnitskaia for the team competition. Maybe it was to keep Sotnikova fresh for the individual competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Granted, I'm out of touch, but this girl came out of left field didn't she? Makes you wonder why the Russians hung their hat on Lipnitskaia for the team competition. Maybe it was to keep Sotnikova fresh for the individual competition?
    don't worry julia is going to bring it tomorrow. it ain't over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    The Canadians werent overscored in Vancouver. V&M clearly beat the field in dance. Chan wasnt held up the way he usually is, which is funny, scored fairly at home but way overscored and held up the rest of his career. Rochette deserved her bronze and might have been robbed of silver since Asada made 2 huge mistakes and had the worst programs of her career. So nothing like Russia which is the most overscored home Olympics in history by a huge margin. I hope the earned Russian medals are not questioned now due to the ridiculous Sotnikova scores, which are the worst of the entire Russian team so far.

rochette robbed by mao? wow,that's some ridiculous statement. rochette robbed mirai nagasu lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarzyna View Post
    I love Adelina’s skating. Fast and powerful with huge jumps but still elegant and gracious. And when she is on, she has personality to burn. I keep my fingers crossed that she will do well in the ladies event.
    Good description of Adelina's sizzling SP.

Hope she brings it tomorrow.

Is the wildcard now one of the favorites to medal?

Go Adelina

vCash
    The commentators thought that Sotnikova was mad about all the Lipnitskaia attention this past week. That's what got her so fired up today. Lipinski said, "If you ever get a chance to skate mad, I highly recommend it." or something to that effect.

vCash
    I hope she can repeat this type of performance in the long

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Hardly. She's been Russian national champion multiple times starting at age 12. She just moved up to seniors 2 years ago. I was very annoyed when the Russian fed let Julia do both programs in the team event, especially since Adelina has a strong SP, but in some ways it may have been the best thing for her since all the attention on Julia lifted all the attention from Adelina I like them both and I'd like for one of them to be on the podium after the free. I want the other two spots to go elsewhere.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    It's not like they did not want Adelina to skate in the TE, but they did not want the same ice dance team to skate both SD & FD. Neither of their dance teams could be trusted to skate well if they skated both dances. Julia had been consistent throughout, and she was more reliable than either dance team. As per rules they could subsitute in only two disciplines, and V&T did not want to skate the LP (good decision), so pairs had to be split. By default it came down to either Adelina or Julia skating both programs and Julia was much more consistent. In the end it seems that time off worked out for Adelina.

vCash
    Well done, Sotnikova. She really did a great job and brought her A short today. Hope she can keep it together in her long and do herself proud.

vCash
    Time and time again, these competitions turn into simple mind games. Whomever comes from behind, and has no pressure on them, has the advantage. The exception to the rule would be someone like Yuna Kim, who can be under enormous pressure and still perform.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I hope she can repeat this type of performance in the long
    Adelina's LP is her Achilles heel. Remember GPF? She was second but ended up 5th. I hope she doesn't go for 3lutz/3loop cause he never land 2nd jump cleanly.

vCash
    Very happy with her skate today, and her position for tomorrow. Go Adelina!

vCash
    I love her attitude, skating skills and beautiful jumps. Hope she can pull off a strong LP tomorrow.

vCash
    OMG!!!! Congrtas Adelina what a skate!!!

vCash
    Fantastic performance today in FS!

vCash
    Our girl is golden

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast