Adelina Sotnikova: I continue to skate. Do not worry............Google and Bing translated
The main thing is that we, the correspondents of the agency "F-Sport" Maria Vorobyova and Andrei Symonenko DOES NOT want to ask Adelina Sotnikova - how it changed after the Olympics . We wanted to look for ourself. So, Adelina matured. Very. Another person. But starting the interview, held in a Moscow cafe, we decided to make the trivial matter, given the most serious tone.
Andrey Symonenko: Adelina, I with Masha, and the fans can't wait to clarify one important point. That dance "Lûblinočka", which you, skaters in turn perform and post video in Instagram?
(Laughs) So. This is our guys came up with - Maxim Kovtun with Ivan Rigini. They went to Ksenia Stolbova on the show on the road and came up with a dance. Arrived and started his dance to the music, which included Xenia. Thus was born the "Lyublinochka."
(Dances: Stolbova and Sotnikova, Kovtun and Rigini)
AS: And why this dance baton to each other pass?
The guys want the whole world has learnt about it! Until they do, so the process goes.
Maria Vorobiova: You are not the first time is the "heavy action". Then you take turns ...
-Yes, and that was it. Who then passed the baton to me, I don't remember. Even relay pictures was. "Show yourself without makeup", for example (smiles).
AS: "Lûblinočku" you even show it danced?
-Sure, we had the last show in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, and it is such a funny thing happened-after each number out, come up with something. To Sergei Voronov all-girl with flowers left to his feet and rushed (smiles). But in the end decided to dance "Lûblinočku" to all of it already precisely knew, and not only in Instagram could see.
AS: But immediately after the story of the invasion of the Korean fans in the comments you if I'm not mistaken, about to close your Instagram ...
- No, it's not going to close. When tired, under "lock" it moved. Then there was names. And did not want to respond. Well if there is some nasty Koreans wrote so also joined by our...
MV: All the criticism probably ceased?
-Do not even know. Pay no attention.
AS: Comments not read?
- In Russian read. Although there is now some sort of advertising went to offer all sorts of dresses, makeup, come, see, buy (laughs). Nothing meaningful. Foreigners what they write, too try to translate from English - but if I see that negative, flip through.
AS: On the Koreans after the wave of negativity in your address resentment left?
- No. I understand everything. Kim Yu-Na for them - such a man ... They support it, fight for it. I still hope that the Russian and also will fight for their athletes and not betray.
MV: If you were invited to Korea on the show - would have gone?
- It would be scary to be honest. Although now the guys went to Korea, they say, was not negative. Any questions asked about me, but frankly did not react badly.
AS: I wonder how changing your attitude to social networks in the course of your career? Certainly at first it was interesting to talk with the fans, and then, when such a glory fell, the beginning of strain ...
- Yes, I was always against these social networks. I understand that it is modern, the people there know each other, communicate. But for me it is dating on social networks seem to be some nonsense. Here, fans write to me that they love me, they want to meet me, I'm good and beautiful. Write that they are good and kind. How can I see through the Internet, they are good or evil? One even block here was too intrusive. In General, for me dating on social networks is very strange.
AS: Then what kind of communication with the fans you find the most pleasant?
- When they are going after the I skated. I understand that a lot of them, but at least I can see them all. Or when meeting with the fans satisfied. And because of these social networks, I already do it sometimes seems as if someone is following me. Scary.
MV: How are trying to keep away from this?
-Do not ride on the Metro. Or dad comes behind me, or I call a taxi.
MV: By the way, before our interview Andrew just said out loud: I wonder the streets she walks? The place is crowded. It happens that someone finds out?
-No, thank God (smile)! While quietly go.
MV: I, frankly, did not take this so seriously, but now after your words remembered movie "bodyguard" with Whitney Houston in the title role. Threatening letters...everything else was expected that can come to this?
-Well, do not come to this, I have my own bodyguard-my dad. I know that he will not give offense to me! So, basically, I'm calm. Here, May 9th, went with my friend to the Mall. On the subway, as I said, I'm afraid, and so the taxi normally drove. There walked. First, wearing sunglasses. Then lifted them gently, looked around and seems quiet all (laughs).
AS: By the way, any Russian fans with a negative attitude you had in mind-fans of Julia Lipnitskaya?
-Yes I do not know whose they are. In fact, I understand everything-everyone has his own fans, everyone supports their athlete. But just at the Olympics, it seems to me, would be rooting for the whole country, not for someone.
MV: We all when preparing for an interview, came to the conclusion that your confrontation with Lipnitskaya is something invented, artificial. Each of you had your way, you both have well-deserved success, but in fact you are trying to bump heads.
- Yes, it's the same thing that we have with Lisa Tuktamysheva. We are constantly being pushed. It so happened that at the Olympics was not Lisa, she had a bad season, and would be pushed. And in general, the feeling as soon as someone new comes out we are pushed.
MV: Do you have the feeling that this is something artificial and, shall we say, far-fetched?
-Of Course. I do not understand what people have in mind when they do it. Specifically, whether to shoot down? Do not want to even think about it, sorry.
AS: Lisa you even friends?
- Yes, normal with Lisa. With Julia slightly differently, but it's because she's different. Everywhere with her mother, for example, goes. If I went everywhere with my mother, I would have talked less with all.
MV: Now, let's go back to what you were doing after the Olympics - that is, to show. More precisely, even to show themselves and to revealing programs that you have prepared for them. They are very unusual for you, and we want to know - how they were born?
First number, Come Together, was my initiative, I wanted something that, I was not. And this style of music I had never skated. So suggested. Began to search for specific music. Found. I immediately liked the rhythm - so interesting, and the voice. I think turned out pretty unusual, exciting number. And the idea of the second number offered Tatiana Tarasova - "Swan Lake". Said that in Japan, where I went to skate, love this music. I agreed and still thought - with this music in 2009, I won my first championship of Russia, then I, as an extension, skated in a real tutu. And here is a slightly different story - I'm a girl who struggles with her feelings, experiences ...
AS: I do think that this number each time you have to be prepared in different ways, because it very much depends on my mood.
- Maybe ...
AS: What do you feel more in this program - I doubt, maybe somewhere tossing, dramatic ...
- I feel that this number is more dramatic. But at the same time happy. When I take off my "shawl" at the end and throw it on the ice - it's as if all the negative: a whole load of anxiety take with itself. Freed from everything. And what about the mood, by the way - once on one show I did not want to ride. But went on the ice, started this music I came alive! Forgot about the fact that I was outside of the rink. Came from the ice, and I thought to myself - how gorgeous the skate turned out (laughs)!
AS: Struggle, this "Swan Lake" can be compared to a competitive program, and you might be able to perform the same number of drama with jumps, spins and other elements?
-I think so, yes. When I skate, feelings just happen, they come from the soul. But when I have lived in the image, I want to jump above the head. And you can't do that (laughs). But it just seems to me when there is a genuine sense of feelings, it can help to focus on the elements.
AS: As far as I know you have already started production of new programmes. Under the new rules, you can just experiment-for example, take music with words. Will you risk doing something?
-Think long program we already have, for all will be very unexpected.
AS: Speaking of performances, just remember Carolina Kostner, which in recent years has followed entirely in the direction of artistic skating. When she leaves, there is no desire to take her place and also do pure creativity? After all, you, in contrast, already have the title of Olympic champion. Maybe it will be even easier.
- Will be very sorry when Carolina leave the sport. And about the fact that I will be easier - I hope so. I will do everything to my mind, nothing postponed. I am the way, many say - I have recently greatly liberated, skating I became more feminine. I hope that I will go the right way.
MV: Conflicting your mood "Swan Lake" suggests that after the Olympics, you had doubts whether to continue your career. Is that so?
- There was a thought. Not immediately after the Olympics, but about a month later. Began to think that I have achieved my goal, ask questions, where to go. But realized that to leave now would be ugly. I am only 17 years old, I just started my way. And the way is very interesting! For me, the most interesting. I will have new feelings, maybe I can create something new on the ice. Take now and leave will be all wrong.
AS: So now the motivation to skate for you becomes a process?
Now, it seems to me, Yes. I want to go, I want to show something new. And do not forget that I am the Olympic champion.
MV: If you look at the biographies of Olympic champions in women's figure skating, most left immediately after winning the title. Take at least Oksana Baiul, Tara Lipinski ... For you, it turns out, there is a challenge - to be one of the few Olympic champions that remains and continues to please us. Do not be scared?
- This is the life, and I'm interested. Life should not be boring.
AS: While here fairly recall Kim: although she took a long pause, but also did not go away. The idea that in four years you can not win the Olympics, is also not afraid of?
- Absolutely. Even if I do not win, if I have some failures - I would not be upset. I also already have the title of Olympic champion.
MV: At the Olympics, too, you were asked about whether you will continue, and you said, "Well, of course I will, I also do not have the title of champion of Europe and the world!" The moment was the closest the world championship in Japan. You just want him to win?
- I wanted to win it, yes. There was a desire to go to Japan, but soon after the Olympics, I felt some devastation. It seems that power is, I'm in good shape, even the coach was shocked when she saw how I started training when I returned from the show. But, I was empty inside. And I thought I am not finished with the sport, continue. I will be at the world championships - next year, one year, two years ...
AS: I'm sure it was a shame when some of our same fans began blaming you that you did not go to the World Cup ...
- Of course, but what can I do about this? I said my opinion: I'm tired, I had wasted this year a huge number of nerves, and I had the right not to go. It's my decision.
AS: When two or three years ago you had just begun a career in the adult skating, a lot happened and is not as good as everyone expected. Pre-Olympic season was very difficult. And in the Olympic season were failures. It was hard to go through periods of crisis? For certain there were moments when I wanted to send all.
-And I'm almost sent. At the beginning of this season, for example, when I came after Japan Open. There I just skated an awful long program. Talked with Elena Germanovna, she said, if you want to achieve something, you have to do something. And if you do not want, then do nothing. Of course, in my heart I felt what she was going through and what she says, so that my head was involved. But I thought - and can really give up everything, why do it, if I can not get it together? Already wondered call the coach and say: I am sorry, but I give up.
- No, then went to the gym, started to ride ... I decided to give myself one more chance at the Grand Prix. Went to China, there skated a great short program. I thought - well, thank God, and the long program to will be good. Yeah, now ... But still took second place, then thought - if you get to the Grand Prix Final, it will continue. Went to France. And there produced such horror in the short program! I remember the morning before long program. In training just skated. Then one went for a walk, spoke with my mother, the general feeling was - so long as otkataû, it doesn't matter now. And to warm up before skating the long - suddenly felt calm, like a tank. It happens - the general background "screw it all" you skate very well. I remember even heard screams of Russian fans thought - wow, drove to Paris. Stood up to the starting position, I think, okay, little bomb some more. Elsewhere, four minutes ten seconds, can (laughs). And in the end when everything worked out, I think this is so, and what was this? Eventually got to the final of the Grand Prix, I think, further, that I continue to skate? In the final skated really elegant short program. Remembered that Paris long program was good. Began to think that it is necessary to skate as well - and very anxious. It prevented me greatly. But after that failure already I have no doubt. I immediately thought, ahead I have Russian Championship.
AS: What advice would you give to other athletes, I do not speak only of pro skaters - how to pass moments of crisis? Delve into yourself disconnected from everything, something else?
-If an athlete from those who bid, and he feels the responsibility, then, of course, it is necessary to disconnect for a couple of days. Nowhere to walk, after a workout, simply lie back. Not think about sports, but about something else. Just about the future - if not a sport, whatever I was doing. Cry, of course, is very helpful. Excellent output emotions.
MV: And throw everything in the crucial moment the athlete who has the right to make bids?
-No, of course. Setup is complete! Wait for it, when will the same Olympics, and then make a decision. And throw before a responsible start, of course, is impossible.
AS: Do you remember the time when you began to make a bid as an Olympic hope?
-Started in 2009.
AS: And then there were oosters hanging in Moscow, your face the final Grand Prix. It was hard to survive?
-Hard, Yes, a look at the posters.
MV: But it's different moments - what was in the Olympic season, and what was then? And that is heavier?
-Then it was heavier.
AS: And then Elena Germanovna remember, said: of course it's overkill - this crazy attention, but these tests can and harden.
- I do not think about it. Harden, teach ... I wanted to get away from that, but it did not - constantly on me all this weighed. And it was really hard. And by the way, what is interesting: as soon as a new person comes along, all about you immediately forgotten. You're trying to raise the bar once again, at least to the same level that I was before, and you have nothing. And this is the most offensive (smiles). Same Julia appeared, and begin to love more. She younger than me. Makes its stunning stretch and admire all (smiles). Now here Anya Pogorilaya appeared. But it will always be this way. Alena Leonova was before, then I appeared with Lisa, now come the other girls. But even before that was Irina Slutskaya (laughs)! And then there was no one there.
MV: It is clear that this is an inevitable process, but because their attitude to the situation, you can change?
- Can. I changed. I'm much more relaxed attitude to this.
AS: Adeline, have you ever wanted to send a persistent journalists?
- Well ... I must control myself. It's part of my job. Although when absolutely unbearable, try to somehow hide. "Maybe next time" ... But generally try to give everyone an interview.
MV: And when nothing happened in the program, and you go out in the mixed zone - from what you start something to tell, not getting any easier?
- No, I personally would like to go somewhere immediately. In France, after a short, remember, started throwing questions - and I'm almost a roar. Said "I can not talk, sorry" - and left. But all athletes are very different. For example, I can not show my tears to people. This is for me to show my weakness. Someone thinks it's okay. Someone else in the "Kiss-and-cry" starts to roar. I do need to get away. And it is hard for me to say.
AS: From the coach to immediately communicate such moments start, pause or survive?
-No, she immediately asks, "what happens is that you again?" and then I realize that you need to turn your head (smiles).
MV: By the way, Elena Germanovna it passed a similar way-very early won the Russian Championship, soon moved into the adult skating. Were a situation where she used to say to me the same thing happened, so we need to do?
- She always told me: it will be very hard. No easy ways, so Elena Germanovna warned that it all depends on me the most, we should try. And I liked what she told me. I understood: indeed be hard, but allowed for a thought-all of a sudden all the same difficulties I will ignore?
MV: I guess I'll ask the obvious question, but still. The path to Olympic gold you have really not easy. But if we take a look at the past-I wish that it was easy? Each start everything turned out?
- It would have been interesting. Yes, and there is no way - everything to be perfect at all times. This life is a game. I'm assuming since childhood so prepared: we must try to understand our self, to try to understand what is happening. It did not work for a long time. Something to do, and what I don't know. But now seemingly understand consciously begin to approach the process, draw the line for myself what I want, what I do not. Adults probably (laughs).
MV: After the Olympics, it has been almost three months. Can you remember what was the happiest moment in this period?
- When the car was handed over (laughs). That happiness was something! Just jumped for joy, I also videotaped as I ran to my car. Run and do not think it would fall ... Still they are all the same, the names differ only on the front. See - Katsalapov, Bobrova, Soloviev, I think where my car? I ran, ran there, look - well, finally, Sotnikova.
AS: Normal ride had already succeeded in his car?
- Ride, yeah ... First, of course, my dad drove, I am still illiterate person in this case. And then I started ride where no one else is. Will be able to drive legally in July. Although there was now two month pause, I went and sat behind the wheel-and all of a sudden I began shaking like I had something. I long ago when my father taught me to ride the "mechanics", was such a moment: we were faced with, you know, those orange cones? And he pulled up the handbrake to slow down the car. I was so scared! Year and a half behind the wheel did not sit down afterwards. Now, too, didn't want to-but Dad said: do not be afraid, I am with you. And I ride, I'm learning.
AS: From process turns driving pleasure is experience?
- Dad recently asked me once: what speeding? And I replied, while squeezing the gas pedal, "Like me" (laughs).
AS: Thought after skating racing does not appear?
- No, this speed is not exactly on my part. Somehow I ride with friends, sat back and we overclocked so I just screamed - please be quiet! When I myself will drive the car, I will be a comfortable speed for myself to choose. Dad, incidentally, is also sometimes likes speeding - but with him I am not afraid, I believe in it.
MV: Finally, tell us a little bit about future plans - the holiday, training...
- May 22 will skate in St. Petersburg on the show. 23rd I'm leaving for a vacation in Paris for a week with my mother and sister. Then at the end of May I again planned activities, will have to go. June 7 in Turkey again rest on the sea. And then from June 15 training camp in Italy.
MV: Already want to dive into this routine?
- (After a pause). Yes. After all camp is interesting. Communicate with friends from the group. Of course, you get tired after training, but the evening certainly come up with something, if batteries are included. Cards are played frequently. Last year it was funny in Latvia-Sergei Borodulin lost, and we told him go out to the administrator, you will fall on the floor and start to shake, "call me an ambulance, call me an ambulance" (laughs). And I filmed it on video. I myself also went out to the receptionist and said: "The build-a-moat-a" (laughs). In general, we have fun at the training camp.
AS: And now the last question for today. You - Olympic champion, you applauded rostrum Sochi, Moscow, Japan, just, whatever. What now dreaming Adeline?
- My dream is to start a family in the future. But this is any ordinary girl dreaming, that's fine, that's right. My dream is to have a good job. And just so all was well.
MV: That is not sport, not sky-high, and earthly dreams?
-Yes. It's time to start thinking about what comes next in life. Not all the time I'm in sports have to end sometime. (After a pause). But as long as I continue to ride, don't worry (laughs)!