Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Or is it related to the picture in post 182 ?
    Didn't gala rehearsal happen AFTER the events?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Thanks for the links. I had seen them except for the medal ceremony.

The medal ceremonies are nice for some of the events but I much prefer the figure skating ceremonies to be held in the in the arena after the conclusion of the competition.

I remember how nice the ceremony for Tessa and Scott was in Vancouver. This by comparison did not seem to have the same impact.

vCash
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 02-28-2014 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Thanks for the links!

What does she say in her interview? (brief highlights will suffice!)

I'm amazed at her being able to walk on the ice without falling in those heels
    Well, Adelina said many nice things about Yuna Kim like "her jumps... I adore her lutz-toe combination" and "I watched her and learned from her", and of course she is happy to win, but a bit shy and not used to all the attention. She also mentioned that she wants to try quad some day and told about her hobby, which is dancing.
    She is doing Art on Ice shows after Olympics and preparing for Worlds. Her mother said she cried of happiness when Adelina landed all of her jumps.
    Adelina told that when she was 12 and first met Putin she promised him to become and olympic champion and now, when he congratulated her, she reminded him of that and said "I kept my promise"

vCash
    Nice to see both ladies (Adelina and Yu Na) taking the higher road and saying complimentary things about one another.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    Nice to see both ladies (Adelina and Yu Na) taking the higher road and saying complimentary things about one another.
    Well, Adelina has a good reason for doing that--she's afraid that if she doesn't take the higher road, her Mercedes might get mud on it!!!

Incidentally, how do you pronounce her last name in Russian?

vCash
    This is how to celebrate a Gold medal:

http://mashable.com/2014/02/20/adeli...ting-olympics/
    Wow, it's pretty much touching. Nice to see a happy girl celebrated by many people. Thanks for sharing, MrLucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    I have heard nice things Adelina said about Yuna.
    But have not heard any nice words from Yuna about Adelina. I did hear Yuna say she was happy to have skated well and that she was happy it was over. I heard her say she was glad to not have to train so hard anymore and it was her last competition.

I thought as always Yuna handled herself very well.

Please share the nice words Yuna spoke about Adelina - it would be nice to read them.

vCash
    But have not heard any nice words from Yuna about Adelina. I did hear Yuna say she was happy to have skated well and that she was happy it was over. I heard her say she was glad to not have to train so hard anymore and it was her last competition.

Please share the nice words Yuna spoke about Adelina - it would be nice to read them.
    It's always easier to say nice things when you win. Not so easy when you lose, particularly when you are the reigning champion and lose to a relatively new skater. I don't think it reflects negatively on Yuna. To her credit, she handled it very well; did not say anything negative about Adelina, or the judges or the audience. She has been very dignified. May be sometime in the future she will compliment Adelina.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny81 View Post
    I meant that sincerely as I am a fan of Yuna on and off the ice. She is a great champion and a great young lady.
    I would like to hear her thoughts about Sochi but have not read any comments yet. And I have read no comments about what she thought of Adelina's skating in Sochi.

If you know more please relax your eye rolling and send us a link.
    Thanks
    Last edited by MrLucky; 03-01-2014 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Adelina dancing with friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWLll99cW0Q

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Count me in as one of those who wasn't that impressed with Carolina's LP - I wouldn't have been pleased had she won the gold. Her SP was fantastic, but as for her LP...I think people are confusing a programme with no falls from Carolina (a rarity) as being a great one. I saw a programme with some tentative skating, no difficult combos, some bad landings, and one without the speed and energy we know Carolina can bring to her best performances. Carolina played it very safe, and it showed - that doesn't deserve the Olympic gold in my book.

So yeah, to reiterate what I and some others have said: Adelina deserved the gold. kuzytalent needs to suck it, and fast.
    Whole post!

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Speaking of incredibly stupid morons, why are you as a non fan of Adelina posting in an uber thread dedicated to her?
    Well put.

kuzytalent, your head must've exploded when Adelina won!

Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    rochette robbed by mao? wow,that's some ridiculous statement. rochette robbed mirai nagasu lol!
    Agreed Mirai was robbed, only it was the judges' doing. And imo, D&W's 'Bollywood' SD should have had them firmly in 1st going into the FD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    Congrats on the undeserved OGM.
    Deal.

Gotta luv the jealous haterz.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    “It was totally fair,” said Elvis Stojko, the two-time Olympic silver medalist from Canada. “Adelina was ready. Kim didn’t have enough technical ammunition.”

Full article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/21/sp...e-skating.html
    For once Stojko and I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Scott keeps FORGETTING how he WON his OGM with one of the WORST SKATES in olys hystory(scott said it was a good thing the JUDGES remeber who he was lol!) Guess he doesn't think men figure skating took *three steps backwards* when the JUDGES GIFTED HIM with a Gold Medal for his MEDIOCRE OLYS skate lol! Really,he has no business criticizing anyone. They are already sucking up to South Korea lol!
    I could be wrong but I honestly don't see South Korea winning any figure skating medals in the Olympics four years from now. And I don't see an international judging panel preventing the right skaters from making the podium - just like at Sochi whether you agree with the results or not. The scores were out there but the right 3 skaters made the podium and won the correct medal.

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Congrats, Adelina.

But her win is on par w/ Annett Poetzsch and Oksana Baiul, a head scratcher that will fuel sniping, a bit of controversy and never be embraced by a sizable minority
    Nonsense. Neither Baiul nor especially Sotnikova are head scratchers compared to Poetzch's win.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    The petition for an investigation into the judging:
    https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitio...sochi-olympics

1.85 million have signed already.
    That petition is a whole lot of hooey and it went nowhere fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Bradley and Buttle noticed the awful posts on her facebook and tweeted on 20th.

Ryan Bradley@RyanSBradley
    https://twitter.com/RyanSBradley/sta...28050873450496

Jeffrey Buttle ‏@J_Butt
    https://twitter.com/J_Butt/status/436647605121343489
    Go Ryan and Jeffrey!

Love this pic with Adelina jumping on the podium as Carolina and Yuna look on.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...=uh3_my_web_gs
    It's probably my favorite podium pic ever! So cute! Adelina literally jumped for joy and she did it again on the medal podium.

American Ski Star Mikaela Shiffrin was inspired by Adelina.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...tml?.tsrc=lgww

"I guess I should break a piece of that medal off and give it to the gold medalist in the figure skating competition because I watched her the night before my race and I saw that she was able to flow more than anybody else and she kept her skates moving," Shiffrin said.

"And I took that into my skiing and I just tried to keep my skis moving all the way down the course. I really appreciated the beauty of her routine."
    That's awesome. It'd be nice if Adelina saw that article!

Adelina's mom is sitting to her left. Is this the woman you saw? http://www.1tv.ru/videoarchive/73791
    Thanks for the link to that clip!

Looks like Adelina is riding all the way to the bank in her new Mercedes-Benz! Along with Julia who got her own Mercedes too! Talk about Sweet 17 and 15 respectively!

Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    It helped the U.S win two in that case. D&W's gold was a trade off for all the Russian help in the skating. Did you not read the l'Equipe article very early into the Games.
    Take a tranq. Relax. It's just skating. The only people who are going to ridicule her are people like you - the haterz.
    This is my last post in this thread...
    She definitely wins a gold medal for the biggest thrash and disgrace in skating history. I hope her fans enjoy her being the most ridiculed skater in skating history in the coming years.
    You promised!!
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 03-02-2014 at 03:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    I have no idea, but she does look a bit Hispanic.

No, and I didn't read the National Enquirer either. But I heard enough about the article to know all that I needed to.
    Hispanics can be of or 'look' of any race or coloring but I do see what you mean about Adelina.

Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post
    Russia has many different ethnic groups. Not everyone is a blonde Caucasian.
    Thank you! Same goes for Hispanics for that matter. Not every Hispanic/Latino is a brown-eyed, olive-skinned brunette.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    Don't know but I can totally see Gracie, Julia, and Adelina on the podium at Worlds later this month.

More Russian video interviews:

Adelina welcome home party at CSKA (her rink) where they place her name "Adelina" across a part of the ice http://tvzvezda.ru/news/sport/conten...51723-7e4r.htm
    2nd video includes interview with mama Sotnikova http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_sLYwN0Eo#t=146

Interview with her coach (5 parts). She sure looks pretty in green and with her hair curled!!! http://www.sovsport.md/video/gallery...14966?p=314621
    Thank you! I wish I had learned Russian! I only know the odd word here and there and can read words in the Cyrillic alphabet - with no idea what most of them mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Well, Adelina said many nice things about Yuna Kim like "her jumps... I adore her lutz-toe combination" and "I watched her and learned from her", and of course she is happy to win, but a bit shy and not used to all the attention. She also mentioned that she wants to try quad some day and told about her hobby, which is dancing.
    She is doing Art on Ice shows after Olympics and preparing for Worlds. Her mother said she cried of happiness when Adelina landed all of her jumps.
    Adelina told that when she was 12 and first met Putin she promised him to become and olympic champion and now, when he congratulated her, she reminded him of that and said "I kept my promise"
    Can't rep again just yet but thank you for the translations! Much appreciated!

vCash

It was reported in the Yuna thread here in fsuniverse and over at the maosadaforum dot com that she said Adelina is a natural talent and a hard worker. She's not exactly fawning all over her but it's not negative either. Like you said, both ladies have been relatively classy about the whole thing.

vCash

vCash
    Just so you all know, I don't like much the word "uber", but I like Sotnikova a lot, she was definitely my favourite win of the Games, so I guess I belong in here.

Thanks for posting!

Now someone should go tell beautiful Lipnitskaya to seel the thing before she gets lost in it.

vCash
    Whatever Sot, Lip, and Gold were chatting and smiling about, Yuna, Mao, and Carolina don't seem to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Just so you all know, I don't like much the word "uber", but I like Sotnikova a lot, she was definitely my favourite win of the Games, so I guess I belong in here.

Thanks for posting!

Now someone should go tell beautiful Lipnitskaya to seel the thing before she gets lost in it.
    Sotnikova has been my favorite of the Russian young ladies since she and La Tuk came up from the junior ranks. I consider myself a big fan of hers. Her win at Sochi, along with Davis & White's was for sure my favorite wins at those Games - also Volosozhar & Trankov's. And how cool is that - both girls gifted Mercedes-Benz cars? Well earned I should say.

vCash
    2014 Art on Ice: Welcome to Burlesque https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=X82RdJhUk1A

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast