Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if they've had some conversations with Tanith or other ice dancers since the team event because I thought their commentary included more things the judges are looking for. They still had a lot of fluff compared to what Tanith would bring but I think they can and are willing to improve their ice dance knowledge.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    If I were Weir, I'd be buying Tracy Wilson lunch every day.

vCash
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...lation-at-dawn

In a timely juxtaposition of FSU threads, Mia Farrow gives Tara and Johnny high praise. Tweet half way down the article.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    I thought the Weir, Lipinski, and Gannon trio were surprisingly good at the ice dance commentary. They balanced information, fun, and silence. And the chemistry between them is really good, too.

These three are soooo much better than the prime time trio we've been seeing. Maybe by the next Olympics NBC will be ready to use this new trio in prime time.

vCash
    Were they wearing color coordinated outfits? It looked like her beret matched his jacket. Kind of cute actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Were they wearing color coordinated outfits? It looked like her beret matched his jacket. Kind of cute actually.
    I think he was wearing a black headpiece and she had a matching black hairpiece that included the feathers she promised? Now they just need to find something for Terry to wear.

Even Mia Farrow is tweeting about how fabulous the Tara and Johnny commentary is!

vCash
    They make a great team among the three of them & would love to see them take over the prime time spot. For now, I'll enjoy them whenever I can. Still think Johnny got all catty over Peter Liebers not being memorable because he was jealous of a once-headcase turning himself around in a way Johnny never really could.

vCash
    I don't know enough about ice dance to know if they were saying meaningful things. I do appreciate that they tried to get technical and talk about details, giving ice dance the same respect as the disciplines where they have experience. I'm sure they have done their homework. In fact, Johnny tweeted tonight that he was up late doing his research.

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    They make a great team among the three of them & would love to see them take over the prime time spot. For now, I'll enjoy them whenever I can. Still think Johnny got all catty over Peter Liebers not being memorable because he was jealous of a once-headcase turning himself around in a way Johnny never really could.
    Hmm, well, but Johnny did better in the Olympics than Peter both in 2006 and 2010, so I doubt that's it.

vCash
    Still think Johnny got all catty over Peter Liebers not being memorable because he was jealous of a once-headcase turning himself around in a way Johnny never really could.
    That fight didn't make much sense to me. Johnny called Peter unmemorable, and then Tara said, "You think that Coldplay’s 'Clocks' is unmemorable?" Johnny hadn't said anything about the music. He was commenting on the skater.

Now that you mention it Tara, I consider all Coldplay unmemorable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    Hmm, well, but Johnny did better in the Olympics than Peter both in 2006 and 2010, so I doubt that's it.
    Placement-wise, of course. Not in terms of learning to control his nerves (or count jumps ) and do the best he possibly could. And then Johnny would blame a lower placement on being an arteeeste who's unable to focus on details like a 3-jump combo whilst bonding with Camille.

That fight didn't make much sense to me. Johnny called Peter unmemorable, and then Tara said, "You think that Coldplay’s 'Clocks' is unmemorable?" Johnny hadn't said anything about the music. He was commenting on the skater.
    Eys, Tara missed the boat there. Unless she meant the music itself was so memorable, the program could stand on that merit alone? Either way, Johnny got very irked at having to repeat himself and I just found the whole situation
    Last edited by ioana; 02-17-2014 at 12:41 AM.

vCash
    Yes, Tara missed the boat there. Unless she meant the music itself was so memorable, the program could stand on that merit alone? Either way, Johnny got very irked at having to repeat himself and I just found the whole situation
    Maybe Tara just got fed up with too much negativity. In any case, it seemed like if Gannon hadn't stepped in at that point, Johnny would have had a kanipshin.

vCash
    Maybe Tara just got fed up with too much negativity. In any case, it seemed like if Gannon hadn't stepped in at that point, Johnny would have had a kanipshin.
    A few isolated incidents aside, I do enjoy their commentary, though. Even the cat fights are funny in small doses.

vCash
    Oh, I enjoy them too, and a little friction now and then keeps it interesting.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Now that you mention it Tara, I consider all Coldplay unmemorable.
    Word.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I just heard Tom Hammond say something about Meryl and Charley expecting to retire after this season.... Anybody heard anything about that before an hour ago????? The "kids" didn't say word one about that this morning.

I think the "kids" can be really funny and they can also be enlightening. But I've always gotten that feeling with the "old folks". Maybe it is just a matter of where they offer their insights and how relevent you think what they are saying is. I KNOW they didn't do all their homework before the Ice Dance, because they only mentioned a "fin step" this morning and never explained it. But Tracy did. It's almost a pain to watch the coverage twice, but you get two different sets of information from the two different crews, especially with ice dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    I just heard Tom Hammond say something about Meryl and Charley expecting to retire after this season.... Anybody heard anything about that before an hour ago????? The "kids" didn't say word one about that this morning.

I think the "kids" can be really funny and they can also be enlightening. But I've always gotten that feeling with the "old folks". Maybe it is just a matter of where they offer their insights and how relevent you think what they are saying is. I KNOW they didn't do all their homework before the Ice Dance, because they only mentioned a "fin step" this morning and never explained it. But Tracy did. It's almost a pain to watch the coverage twice, but you get two different sets of information from the two different crews, especially with ice dance.
    I thought Tara and Johnny said it was a combo between the quickstep and the foxtrot or something. But of course Tracy Wilson knows more about ice dance than Johnny and Tara! Maybe she should have done the live coverage of ice dance too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Gannon is the best.
    Terry is hawt, as is Bob Costas when he commentates. Love that straight-guy-trying-to-learn-about-skating thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Love that straight-guy-trying-to-learn-about-skating thing.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    For probably not knowing much about ice dance, they do seem to be making an effort to learn, and they ain't gonna become Dance experts overnight. I don't expect them to be experts at calling Ice Dance over someone like Tracy. But at least they seem to be trying to learn, and today they were trying to explain things other than just giving personal opinions of whether they liked or didn't like something. Unlike Scott "I don't understand it" Hamilton, who clearly never made any effort to learn it at all.

vCash
    Some free skaters will never get it. Maybe you've got to have an appreciation for off-ice dance to understand ice dance.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast