Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    He needs a hair intervention in general.

Opening day!

Yes, Tim's hair does need an intervention. He needs his long hair back. As soon as he cut it for the first time, his pitching went into the toilet.

vCash
    I think that Yasiel Puig does stuff just for me to enjoy. I know there's an excellent ballplayer in there. But damn, when the man belly flops onto first base and nearly dislocates his wrist in one innning and then gets caught in a rundown two innings later, it makes one wonder. And also giggle.

Not to mention showing up late to batting practice for your home opener.

vCash
    I swear the Dodgers are the new Yankees. Except the Yankees would never have let Puig get along with the kind of stuff he does.

Interesting piece: Jeff Pearlman revisits the infamous John Rocker interview, 15 years later.

vCash
    That is a good article! Just don't read the comments. A lot of Rocker defenders down there.

vCash
    Me again. On some sports show the other day, some idiot was blathering about shortening all games to seven innings so the games wouldn't take as long.

You want to speed games up? A. get rid of the DH. B. don't let guys step out of the batter's box between every pitch to adjust themselves, their batting gloves, hat, etc C. Put a timer on the pitcher. You have x amount of time to get the ball to the plate, and if you don't? Ball one. Etc.

Seven innings. Pfft.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    I wouldn't mind some adult supervision from Matt Cain right out in the open, on the field

vCash
    Giants starting pitcher Madison Bumgarner hit a grand slam last night, and also had a sac fly RBI. Those of you who want the DH in both leagues can kindly feck off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Giants starting pitcher Madison Bumgarner hit a grand slam last night, and also had a sac fly RBI. Those of you who want the DH in both leagues can kindly feck off.

They should abolish the DL in the AL. Pitchers hitting home runs (or stealing bases) is one of the best things in the game.

Sadly it'll never happen.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Pitchers hitting home runs (or stealing bases) is one of the best things in the game.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Pitchers hitting home runs (or stealing bases) is one of the best things in the game.
    That's what makes interleague play so much fun imo .. watching AL pitchers try to hit and run the bases!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash

Truth. Ban the DH!

ETA: we may not agree on teams, but at least we agree on the DH. That's more important.

vCash
    Belle,

While I approve of the Phillies beating the snot out of the Dodgers (the Giants are sucking right now and need all the help they can get), if you could ask them to please not beat up on Brian Wilson? I still have a soft spot for the guy. And his beard. And his eyes are particularly blue in that uniform....

Um, what was I saying? Oh, yes. Winning over the Dodgers, good. Getting four runs off Wilson, bad.

Merci.

vCash
    With all the DH talk, what's more likely - for both leagues to go DH or the DH to be banned? Or is it staying status quo for the foreseeable future?

vCash
    The rumor is it's coming to the NL, which totally blows. Apparently, it's "unfair" for the pitchers to hit in interleague play.

Well, they can get rid of that, too.

And the unbalanced schedule.

AND GET OFF MY LAWN.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Belle,

While I approve of the Phillies beating the snot out of the Dodgers (the Giants are sucking right now and need all the help they can get), if you could ask them to please not beat up on Brian Wilson? I still have a soft spot for the guy. And his beard. And his eyes are particularly blue in that uniform....

Um, what was I saying? Oh, yes. Winning over the Dodgers, good. Getting four runs off Wilson, bad.

Merci.
    I thought of you when I just saw the box score. Unfortunately I was not able to stay awake long enough to see it live.

The rumor is it's coming to the NL, which totally blows. Apparently, it's "unfair" for the pitchers to hit in interleague play.
    Nooooo!!!!! It won't be fair that pitchers who like to hit won't be able to do so.
    Ban the DH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Nooooo!!!!! It won't be fair that pitchers who like to hit won't be able to do so.
    Ban the DH!
    Pitchers should hit. Why is it more unfair for an AL pitcher to hit than for an NL team to have to play in AL park with a roster not structured with the DH rule in mind?

Also, pitchers hitting grand slams, providing all their own run support, getting their first career hits (after six years ), stealing bases or playing left field due to pinch hitting tactics are all things that make the game better.

MLB should let us run the game.

vCash
    Seriously. Where is the strategy if you have the DH? Your pitcher is pitching well, it's the seventh inning, you're up by one, two outs, a runner on third, and the pitcher up to bat. What do you do? Pinch hit? Leave him in and take your chances?

I love that pitcher played left field. I also love it when position players get to pitch in blow out games, or really long games where the bullpen is out of pitchers. That's so awesome.

vCash
    Me again. Isn't it a bit early to begin voting on the All-Star game? It's not even May yet!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    I love that pitcher played left field. I also love it when position players get to pitch in blow out games, or really long games where the bullpen is out of pitchers. That's so awesome.
    We had a utility player win a really long extra inning game. Best thing he ever did on he team. Good times.

vCash
    Jeff Francoeur is playing for the Padres AAA affiliate. He has pitched in three games - all lopsided losses - in the past week, and has yet to allow a run: he had a 1-2-3 inning in the first and was the only pitcher from his team not to allow a run in the second.

Maybe he can pull a reverse Ankiel and get back to MLB as a (relief) pitcher?

Me again. Isn't it a bit early to begin voting on the All-Star game? It's not even May yet!
    Well, it's not like we don't know exactly who the all-stars will be, regardless of their stats and contributions...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast