View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post
    in the end it's all nitpicking because the top 3 were so close after the short.
    if you really go nitpicking those three,you see how ridiculous sotnikova's score is.

Her score was ridiculous not only in PCS but also in TES too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by santa1505 View Post
    if you really go nitpicking those three,you see how ridiculous sotnikova's score is.

Her score was ridiculous not only in PCS but also in TES too.
    What do you think the TES for all the top women should have been? Please provide some analysis and point totals.

vCash
    From what I'm reading, the 2014 Olympic will go down as "the Olympics where the Russians won the highest medals possible in everything, and the one event where they didn't medal sucked"

vCash
    Definitely an Olympics where the audience influenced the judging the most... or at least, it appeared that way. There were some great skates (ie. the pairs winners) but the team, the women... wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post
    I feel like Kostner is getting left out of the conversation even though she landed 7 Triples and had no errors. Yes, she had easier combos but in the end it's all nitpicking because the top 3 were so close after the short.
    She had some bad landings at second half of the program. (3T and 3Lo especially)

YEAH!
    vCash
    I called it. Exactly like Plushenko in Vancouver, right down to being the last to skate and using tango music. I knew this would happen, I'm just surprised at who beat her.

vCash
    At this competition at least, it's clear that it would have been Julia vs. Adelina had skated the way she did in the team event. Kim would have edged Kostner for bronze.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The fix was in. But why are the Americans complaining. Your Gold got fixed too. Even if Davis & White were the best skaters on the day, the win was just as fixed as this one. Likewise for Pairs and Men. These things are all related and Sotnikova can't win Gold without other things being traded in other events. To think otherwise is simply naive. Just like every other controversial fixing of an event in Figure skating.

vCash
    Yeah, and I just had lunch with the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    The fix was in. But why are the Americans complaining. Your Gold got fixed too. Even if Davis & White were the best skaters on the day, the win was just as fixed as this one. Likewise for Pairs and Men. These things are all related and Sotnikova can't win Gold without other things being traded in other events. To think otherwise is simply naive. Just like every other controversial fixing of an event in Figure skating.
    You are right. The fix was in for Sotnikova to win and this is the one that will have everyone fuming for decades since it was one of the worst and most wrongful results in Olympic skating history (if not the most), but some of the people complaining about it are Americans and D&W's gold was fixed too. It is obvious the whole figure skating event was set up before it even began. Now D&W atleast arguably deserved their gold which makes it very different from Sotnikova, but it still was a pre determined result, and hopefully the Americans complaining about Sotnikova's much worse victory acknowledge that. It still wasnt a fair fight. None of the events were. The most pre arranged Olympic skating competition ever, surpassing even the horror stories of the 20s and 30s, it was that bad, and it didnt just involve Russians even if it was mostly Russians who gained in the end.

vCash
    Basically, only Canadians can complain?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Basically, only Canadians can complain?
    Americans can complain, but they should acknowledge the entire figure skating competition from start to finish was fixed, and all the events and their pre determined outcomes were linked together. D&W's gold was nowhere near as bad as the horrific Sotnikova crime, but it was still a pre determined win. They might have deserved it, not by 5 points, but one shouldnt be blind that it was a fixed win, just like the other events. Even V&T's win was fixed, despite that more than any other event they clearly deserved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertmirsh View Post
    You are right. The fix was in for Sotnikova to win and this is the one that will have everyone fuming for decades since it was one of the worst and most wrongful results in Olympic skating history (if not the most), but some of the people complaining about it are Americans and D&W's gold was fixed too. It is obvious the whole figure skating event was set up before it even began. Now D&W atleast arguably deserved their gold which makes it very different from Sotnikova, but it still was a pre determined result, and hopefully the Americans complaining about Sotnikova's much worse victory acknowledge that. It still wasnt a fair fight. None of the events were. The most pre arranged Olympic skating competition ever, surpassing even the horror stories of the 20s and 30s, it was that bad, and it didnt just involve Russians even if it was mostly Russians who gained in the end.
    I agree there was always 'trading' of titles at the Olympics, but usually the winners are never controversial, and even if fixed, are technically justified. I remember the trading of B/S's gold for A/P's gold in dance. The thing is, neither result was controversial. Both B/S and S/P could have won gold and it would be justified, while in dance, A/P were undeniably the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shady82 View Post
    I agree there was always 'trading' of titles at the Olympics, but usually the winners are never controversial, and even if fixed, are technically justified. I remember the trading of B/S's gold for A/P's gold in dance. The thing is, neither result was controversial. Both B/S and S/P could have won gold and it would be justified, while in dance, A/P were undeniably the best.
    Yet the media invented a controversy out of nothing with the B&S vs S&P case, so I only shudder to think what they will do with this. I think people could sense by the crazy scores for the Russians and D&W and a select few rumored fixed placings pre Games that the fix was in for the figure skating here,but since the results were justifiable inspite of that people more or less bit their tongue. Although after the dance event there was some complaining that V&M werent atleast closer, if not the outright winners. Now that we have a clearly wrong result, maybe the worst in Olympic skating history, people are no longer being quiet about a competition that from start to finish had clearly been fixed even before the ladies fiasco, and the sh1tstorm is about the explode in a big way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Why do you keep capitalizing gold? It makes it seem like you're talking about Gracie Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    What do you think the TES for all the top women should have been? Please provide some analysis and point totals.
    Adelina should have been deducted at least 1 point for her flutz ( which she got like 1.5 goe) and her other jumps shouldn't have earned that much GOE, at least no greater than both Carolina and Yuna.

And it's hilarious she got level 4 for her step sequence in Both of her SP and LP (with huge GOE)

I won't be nitpicking anymore though because her immensely overscored PCS just grosses me out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Why do you keep capitalizing gold? It makes it seem like you're talking about Gracie Gold.
    Well, our Gold did get fixed by Frank Carroll

vCash
    Adelina was overscored on everything. Jump GOE, spin GOE, footwork levels, spins levels, PCS. It was worse than Patrick Chan on his splattiest day. Kim and Kostner meanwhile were underscored on practically anything, and many other skaters too even if they didnt deserve to be Sotnikova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertmirsh View Post
    Americans can complain, but they should acknowledge the entire figure skating competition from start to finish was fixed, and all the events and their pre determined outcomes were linked together. D&W's gold was nowhere near as bad as the horrific Sotnikova crime, but it was still a pre determined win. They might have deserved it, not by 5 points, but one shouldnt be blind that it was a fixed win, just like the other events. Even V&T's win was fixed, despite that more than any other event they clearly deserved it.
    Probably because most people get the impression Russia bought the Olympics.
    The way the Russians were scored, and have been scored all season, implies they convinced many judges to see their way. There is no way their athletes would receive a bump across all competitions otherwise. It makes even less sense now that they struck a deal specifically with the US. What would they have to gain from it?

The judges have been favoring D/W for a while now. And as a D/W fan, I'll acknowledge that events prior to the competition came into play, as they always do, but I believe it has to do more with the reputation for consistency they made for themselves and overall preference for their programs, than any deal.

Most people (I think), are not going to get as up in arms over whether or not D/W win, when two teams are so close. Just like I don't think people would be up in arms if it had been P/B or W/P on the podium for Bronze and one team had been over scored. When you have someone who was hardly considered a medal contender win Gold, it's a little beyond belief. It's also ladies and ladies is still the more popular event, no matter how far dance has come.

Also, I doubt it's just Americans. It's hard to tell as I haven't been screening all the users for nationality as you have...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by santa1505 View Post
    Adelina should have been deducted at least 1 point for her flutz ( which she got like 1.5 goe) and her other jumps shouldn't have earned that much GOE, at least no greater than both Carolina and Yuna.

And it's hilarious she got level 4 for her step sequence in Both of her SP and LP (with huge GOE)
    OK, thanks.

I won't be nitpicking anymore though because her immensely overscored PCS just grosses me out.
    Well, she wouldn't be the first skater at this Olympics to get candy PCS.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast