View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    144 90.57%
  • No

    15 9.43%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 226
  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Don't bring Yulia into this argument because she is more TALENTED than Adelina. She would have saved this comp with a perfect short and long.

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Honestly, I'm glad Julia bombed this event so she doesn't have to be associated with this horrible travesty.

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    157
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Shitty judging. There is no way to defend it.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    She would have saved this comp with a perfect short and long.
    Really too bad that isn't what happened though.

    That's like saying "If I had learned how to skate as a kid and got to the Olympics and skated perfectly I would have saved the competition." Sure, Julia's chance of doing it was much higher than mine; but neither of those things happened. But if I skated a perfect 7 triple program. It would have been great.

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    I can understand her scores getting a slight boost as she had a home-crowd advantage. But it looks like they got an absolutely massive one instead. This result is probably even worse than Oksana Baiul winning the gold medal in 94.
    Am I the only one, who was missing the scoreboard for the TES? Somehow I don´t buy that it was too late to bring it on......
    That was exactly the thoughts I had when watching Plushys LP in the Team competition.......where the hell did this PCS come from and I´m not a "russia hater", or a "yunabot" but the thing is: These Olys in FS will leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    ROTFL so anyone who disagrees with the result is a YuNa bot. I dont even think Yu Na deserved to win, Kostner did (although I could accepted either way 1-2 but really think Kostner was the more worthy one). I guess every expert in skating must be a Yu Na bot since there hasnt been even one yet who has agreed with the result. Watch Sotnikova being ripped to shreads in the media the next few days, I am going to love it. Not just her but the whole Russian skating team for that matter.
    hey fool the rest of the russain team EARN their medals so stop with your insane jealousy.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    I love the furor and uproar on twitter from skaters and coaches whom know the system... This will not sit well nor stay like this..
    there´s hope....

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    Am I the only one, who was missing the scoreboard for the TES? Somehow I don´t buy that it was too late to bring it on......
    That was exactly the thoughts I had when watching Plushys LP in the Team competition.......where the hell did this PCS come from and I´m not a "russia hater", or a "yunabot" but the thing is: These Olys in FS will leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths
    I'm not a Russian-hater either. I've loved and admired several Russian skaters before in the past. And yes, this result leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Even if the judging was unfair, Yuna has no one to blame but herself for not having a triple loop. Six triples is just too safe--one more triple would have won it for her.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think the huge issue with the Russian skaters is that there has been almost complete silence for everybody except for the Russians. Crowds always affect the judging to a degree. It's been a pretty eerie competition because of the crowds.

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Even if the judging was unfair, Yuna has no one to blame but herself for not having a triple loop. Six triples is just too safe--one more triple would have won it for her.
    Even if, she still should've beaten Sotnikova at this competition.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't think Yuna could have beaten either Yulia or Adelina' meltdown in this competition. It was an insurmountable goal for Yuna, no matter her excellence. Her timeless performances will live on my memory.
    Last edited by usethis2; 02-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Even if the judging was unfair, Yuna has no one to blame but herself for not having a triple loop. Six triples is just too safe--one more triple would have won it for her.
    Yes, and she had all the time and resources in the world since 2010 to properly develop the loop but she didn't. I have never considered Kim a complete skater because she cannot do all the triples - you can still be a complete skater if you can't do, say, a Biellmann spin, but you can never ever be considered a complete skater in my book if you cannot execute something as basic, as essential, as all the types of jumps. I remember being unhappy that Kim won in 2010 because she can't do the loop, and it may sound harsh but there's no other way to put it...serves her right for not winning the gold in Sochi, especially since she might have won it if she had the loop.

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    367
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    I think the huge issue with the Russian skaters is that there has been almost complete silence for everybody except for the Russians. Crowds always affect the judging to a degree. It's been a pretty eerie competition because of the crowds.
    Eerie? I would use the word boorish. The crowd has put redneck conventions to shame at some moments.

  15. #155

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Yes, and she had all the time and resources in the world since 2010 to properly develop the loop but she didn't. I have never considered Kim a complete skater because she cannot do all the triples - you can still be a complete skater if you can't do, say, a Biellmann spin, but you can never ever be considered a complete skater in my book if you cannot execute something as basic, as essential, as all the types of jumps. I remember being unhappy that Kim won in 2010 because she can't do the loop, and it may sound harsh but there's no other way to put it...serves her right for not winning the gold in Sochi, especially since she might have won it if she had the loop.
    She took the loop out due to back issues...

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    Even if, she still should've beaten Sotnikova at this competition.
    But maybe not Kostner. The thing is, if she'd had 7 clean triples, she would've won. I mean, even 22 years ago the women were planning 7 triples in their Olympic LPs. Six triples is just way too safe in this day and age.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I feel like Kostner is getting left out of the conversation even though she landed 7 Triples and had no errors. Yes, she had easier combos but in the end it's all nitpicking because the top 3 were so close after the short.

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post
    I feel like Kostner is getting left out of the conversation even though she landed 7 Triples and had no errors. Yes, she had easier combos but in the end it's all nitpicking because the top 3 were so close after the short.
    Without having seen the programs, just from the descriptions, I can believe that perhaps Kostner deserved to win, with her great basic skating skills.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can understand why some thought Kostner should've won. I personally don't find her as interesting to watch as Kim but that's just me.

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Performance of the night - Asada (and I've never been a fan)

    bad result - bad audience - bad olympics

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •