View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    I agree that Sotnikova performed with a ton of fire but her PCS scores were still a joke.
    as were here TES. An offical ruling should be brought in to lower every GOE on every element by 1 point per judge, every PCS by 1 point per judge (which would cost her atleast 12 points) and then see where that puts her. Would she even still win the bronze then? Probably, dont remember the exact points of 4th point, but she wouldnt even get silver anymore. Her footwork in the short should also be changed to a level 3.

vCash
    Man, I really thought Yuna would be the one to repeat..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    PCS are always a joke in skating. To see who really deserved to win, we should just look at TES.
    Except Crapnitkova's TES were also a joke so you cant look at those either. Many of her levels were questionable too.

vCash
    I can understand her scores getting a slight boost as she had a home-crowd advantage. But it looks like they got an absolutely massive one instead. This result is probably even worse than Oksana Baiul winning the gold medal in 94.

vCash
    Baiul is a far greater skater and a more revered Olympic Champion than Sotnikova can ever dream of being. Atleast nobody bought her medal for her, even if the judging was bad, and her artistry is timeless vs Sotnikova's ugly horrible artistic skater and low quality jumps.

vCash
    True, Baiul did skate with a ton of personality and charisma, something I can't quite claim of Sotnikova.

vCash
    I love the furor and uproar on twitter from skaters and coaches whom know the system... This will not sit well nor stay like this..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    Except Crapnitkova's TES were also a joke so you cant look at those either. Many of her levels were questionable too.
    They could be. But she did harder combos and also did 7 triples to 6 for Yuna. I also heard her spins were better too. I haven't seen the performances yet. But Yuna needed 7 clean triples if she wanted to be assured of gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    I love the furor and uproar on twitter from skaters and coaches whom know the system... This will not sit well nor stay like this..
    Do you think there is any chance the IOC will step in and overrule the results? If these results stand the could kill figure skating. I am scared of figure skating staying in the Olympics now.

vCash
    They could be. But she did harder combos and also did 7 triples to 6 for Yuna. I also heard her spins were better too. I haven't seen the performances yet. But Yuna needed triple if she wanted to be assured of gold.
    I thought Sotnikova's triple toe triple toe combination was UR. But it looks like she was given credit for it anyways.

vCash
    Do you think there is any chance the IOC will step in and overrule the results? If these results stand the could kill figure skating. I am scared of figure skating staying in the Olympics now.
    Figure skating is just fine and the results will stand and it won't kill figure skating.

vCash
    In hindsight no. If Yulia had manage to stand on her feet, Yuna would have had to settle for bronze tbh.

vCash
    I thought Sotnikova's triple toe triple toe combination was UR. But it looks like she was given credit for it anyways.
    well, she did a triple lutz/triple toe.. It was massive.

vCash
    In the SP?

vCash
    The scores were a joke but I have to LOL at your drama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysaway View Post
    In hindsight no. If Yulia had manage to stand on her feet, Yuna would have had to settle for bronze tbh.
    and had Russia had a 3rd spot and Leonova been at these Games and skated cleanly, Kim would have had to settle for 4th place.

vCash
    In the SP?
    I must be getting things jumbled. Her combination in the long a triple lutz-triple toe (shakes head).

vCash
    Ridiculous judging. Adelina got level 4 in step sequence yet again, too. All her GOEs are unbelievable. I did not watch the event so I won't comment in detail but at least I asked if Yuna had fallen and heard that she did not. I don't accept the result.

vCash
    Yuna's performance wasn't amazing (and the gold should've gone to Carolina), but that was some blatant crazy judging here. I might be able to accept a very very small margin of victory for Adelina, but that was ridiculous.

vCash
    PCS should not go up that much just because a competition is in Russia.

You can not honestly be a knowledgeable skating fan and think that Sotnikova's PCS should be anywhere near Kostner or Kim considering how they skated tonight. It doesn't matter how well Sotnikova skated, her PCS have built in flaws and she's competing with Kostner and Kim at their best when they are quite possibly the two ladies with the best skating skills the sport has ever seen. Her PCS are suddenly close to 10 just because she's cleanish? She was clean at Russian Nationals, and now she's like 25 points better?? What about posture? What about her Performance Execution mark not taking much hit at all for a sloppy error? I mean obviously she deserved a medal but this is just the worst possible thing that could have happened because it also tarnishes the last 10 years of skating with a new system in place. She got the benefit of the doubt on every element too, that opening 3/3 warranted a -GOE for slight under-rotation yet she's scoring positive as high as +3 or +2?

It's enough for a long-time fan to be done with the sport, how can you take this result seriously I mean I'm gobsmacked by it. I can't even get too mad, it is what it is and I'm not surprised, but yet somehow I am.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast