View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Did Yuna Fall?
    Nope, she is guilty of non-Russian-ness

vCash
    Just got the news. What a joke event this is.

vCash
    I was watching it......and I´m extremely pissed right now these scores were a joke. Katharina Witt, who was doing the german comments couldn´t hide her anger too. So this isn´t only the audience, who didn´t understand the judges.....

vCash
    OMG I am still in shock! I'm not even a Yuna uber but I thought she was flawless. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

vCash
    I must a minority here because I thought Adelina earned it big time.

vCash
    I am going to watch the programs for myself tonight. I was in class and just got out. I sincerely hope Adelina earned it, otherwise this is a huge fraud. Not just here, but across all disciplines. Even though the rightful person has won in every other discipline, the scores were still unbelievable and incredibly inflated (and this is coming from a D/W fan). This is unreal. I really hope that, when I watch it, it turns out Adelina was worthy of winning and Yuna made mistakes. GS seems to be down so I have no more info atm

vCash
    I don't know what the Yunabots are babbling on about - I enjoyed Adelina a whole lot more than Kim. Kim was done in by her complacency - I kept thinking throughout her skate...She still doesn't have the loop?!...What happened to the 2A-3T?...An iffy landing on the second lutz! She hardly competed since the last Olympics, thought she could saunter in to this one without any improvement since 2010, and still win. It turned out she was wrong, very wrong.

And one thing I need to do from now on is to can it as far as predictions go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    I am going to watch the programs for myself tonight. I was in class and just got out. I sincerely hope Adelina earned it, otherwise this is a huge fraud. Not just here, but across all disciplines. Even though the rightful person has won in every other discipline, the scores were still unbelievable and incredibly inflated (and this is coming from a D/W fan). This is unreal. I really hope that, when I watch it, it turns out Adelina was worthy of winning and Yuna made mistakes. GS seems to be down so I have no more info atm
    Looking at the protocols, it seems that Sotnikova did one more triple than Yuna, so her TES were over 5 points higher. That sounds reasonable on paper at least--I haven't seen the performances. On GS, one poster said Sotnikova's program was more difficult than Kim's overall (including combos), and her spins better too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    I don't know what the Yunabots are babbling on about
    ROTFL so anyone who disagrees with the result is a YuNa bot. I dont even think Yu Na deserved to win, Kostner did (although I could accepted either way 1-2 but really think Kostner was the more worthy one). I guess every expert in skating must be a Yu Na bot since there hasnt been even one yet who has agreed with the result. Watch Sotnikova being ripped to shreads in the media the next few days, I am going to love it. Not just her but the whole Russian skating team for that matter.

vCash
    Well, looked like Yuna had a great chance against Julia. Not so much against Adelina today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Looking at the protocols, it seems that Sotnikova did one more triple than Yuna, so her TES were over 5 points higher. That sounds reasonable on paper at least--I haven't seen the performances.
    and her PCS was legitimately the same, and better than Kostner (who was exquisite beyond words and should have had much higher PCS than Yu Na and light years higher than Crapnitkova). Her GOEs in both programs were fair. Be serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Looking at the protocols, it seems that Sotnikova did one more triple than Yuna, so her TES were over 5 points higher. That sounds reasonable on paper at least--I haven't seen the performances.
    Maybe if I review the actual bullet points of the PCS I'd come to the conclusion Sotnikova was overmarked; but just on general impression- Yuna was boring and had lots of -meh- positions. Sotnikova may not be the best everyday, but today she was just on fire. It was a thrill to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    An iffy landing on the second lutz!
    Oddly enough, that doesn't seem to be reflected in her scores in the protocol.

She hardly competed since the last Olympics, thought she could saunter in to this one without any improvement since 2010, and still win. It turned out she was wrong, very wrong.
    That's always a danger for defending champions. No doubt she thought she just needed to be clean. She really needed to have 7 triples in her program.

And one thing I need to do from now on is to can it as far as predictions go.
    I know what you mean.

vCash
    Yuna was tenative throughout. Adelina didn't hold back tonight.

vCash
    Sotnikova delivered when it mattered. Good girl. I'm very proud of Gracie and Carolina as well.
    Yuna is a great skater and will always be remembered as such but in THIS competition there was someone with a lot more fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Sotnikova delivered when it mattered. Good girl. I'm very proud of Gracie and Carolina as well.
    Yuna is a great skater and will always be remembered as such but in THIS competition there was someone with a lot more fire.
    Really couldn't have put it any better...

vCash
    Adelina's jumps were all huge! with a great landing flow coming out of all of her jumps.

vCash
    I agree that Sotnikova performed with a ton of fire but her PCS scores were still a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    I agree that Sotnikova performed with a ton of fire but her PCS scores were still a joke.
    PCS are always a joke in skating. To see who really deserved to win, we should just look at TES.

vCash
    Said it earlier and I'll say it again, the judges using PCS as placeholders with absolutely no understanding of what the scores should be for each individual component. This also confirms that Plushy would've been PCS'd to another gold medal had he competed. What a shame..

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast