View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    vCash
    Cause I hear&read what they say... I agree that Adelina isn't in that first tier of skaters who can win if clean. Imo she needs mistakes form others which didn't happen here. I would have scored her as the Bronze medalist though.
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    How do we know this for a fact? Depends on the skater and the fan

In this specific case - the technical COP side may have been with Adelina, but anyone with eyes and taste could see her "interpretation" was juniorish compared to Yuna, Mao, Caro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    Although I'm not enough of an expert to offer an opinion of who should have won, I will say that Adelina's short program scores seemed even more inflated to me than her free skate scores. I was quite surprised that someone who did only a triple toe/triple toe combination in the short was essentially tied with 2 people who did much more difficult combinations. It seemed to me that, after Yulia fell in the short program, the scores that would have been Yulia's were transferred to Adelina.

I saw 2 articles that called the free skate controversial, but neither article mentioned the short program at all. The SP is easier to make a clear comparison, and I think the SPs of the top 3 skaters make a very strong case that Adelina's scores were much too high.
    Very good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    Although I'm not enough of an expert to offer an opinion of who should have won, I will say that Adelina's short program scores seemed even more inflated to me than her free skate scores. I was quite surprised that someone who did only a triple toe/triple toe combination in the short was essentially tied with 2 people who did much more difficult combinations. It seemed to me that, after Yulia fell in the short program, the scores that would have been Yulia's were transferred to Adelina.

I saw 2 articles that called the free skate controversial, but neither article mentioned the short program at all. The SP is easier to make a clear comparison, and I think the SPs of the top 3 skaters make a very strong case that Adelina's scores were much too high.
    This is what I felt as well, things were predetermined and the officials just needed to make it happen in SP to justify FS scores

vCash
    I say this with conviction that Yuna Kim would have won (by 20+ points) if she were.. Russian. I don't think anyone can rebut this presumption.

vCash
    ^ She would have had 10's for skating skills, interpretation, choreography, and performance/execution as her final scores, in both programs, and Sotnikova would've been 9.0 max on every component.

So yeah that sounds about right. I also think she would have been deaf after the screaming for her had stopped, and she could plant a new garden with the amount of flowers thrown on the ice.

vCash
    Wasn't sure where to put this. But, it's been on FB and I think it's hilarious. so, for anyone who has not seen it yet, enjoy: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202491597844193

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112