View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't expect any medal changes. I think a petition needs to be sent to the ISU stating that if they don't clean up their judges - NOT the arithmetic/system - we will stop watching and supporting figure skating. This will not stop until they are challenged with financial loss.

vCash
    Anonymous judging needs to go out. NOW.

vCash
    I think the idea of the host of the next olys making waves by filing an official complaint about the results of this olys is highly unlikely. And the Isu probably thinks this too, but their "it's not a scandal until we receive 6 forms all in triplicate sealed by 7 different officials, oh, and we'll need proof that the witch is dead too..." response was an instant classic. This so soooo swept under the rug already.

vCash
    Going into this Olympics, everyone was saying Yuna had a one-fall advantage over everyone else, but really the Russians were the ones with the magical advantage. Too bad for Yulia she had two falls.

vCash
    The problem is that people who actually do understand skating buy into the idea that this "new judging system" can't be manipulated. That it's too hard to "fix" the numbers. Fact is - it's easier. If for no other reason that there is no accountability with anonymous judging. The judges know how to apply numbers to get results. It may have taken them a while to figure out how to do it, with the new numbers, but they did. And Yuri Balkov on the panel? Really? 6 forms from 7 officials? Since 4 of the officials on the panel were Eastern European, what are the odds of that? Figures Skating is making a joke of itself.

I could, even (almost), be okay with Sotnikova winning gold, if it were a smaller margin. Her marks were ridiculous! And how did Yulia stay in 5th (6th long) with 2 major falls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Going into this Olympics, everyone was saying Yuna had a one-fall advantage over everyone else, but really the Russians were the ones with the magical advantage. Too bad for Yulia she had two falls.
    Yuna never had a one fall advantage over anyone especially on this very deep field. And if you have problems with this result just wait till 2018 . let's just say americans, russians and even japanese skaters are going to have a very hard time winning medals there even with clean skates.

vCash
    Katarina Witt just tweeted this : o

"There seems to be a tweet out in the world about the ladies skating result ,which is NOT my tweet and my opinion! Shame on that tweeter !!!"
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 02-21-2014 at 06:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    Katarina Witt just retweeted this O_O

"There seems to be a tweet out in the world about the ladies skating result ,which is NOT my tweet and my opinion! Shame on that tweeter !!!"
    What was the original tweet??

vCash
    not sure lol

I think I read one about her being outraged or sth

vCash
    This was the "Tweet": Katarina Witt (German Figure Skater) "Shame Gold Medal, Yuna Kim is a real queen"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    This was the "Tweet": Katarina Witt (German Figure Skater) "Shame Gold Medal, Yuna Kim is a real queen"
    katerina witt wouldn't dare to say that to adelina's face. she was very lucky in 1988 that debbie thomas fell on her ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    katerina witt wouldn't dare to say that to adelina's face. she was very lucky in 1988 that debbie thomas fell on her ass.
    She was very lucky to have the judges on her side against Manley and Ito.

vCash
    Not exactly the right place for this but I don't understand why people go to famous skaters for comments any way. I mean most of them are not experts on the current judges system. I get it that, names bring readers and credibility to what a writer or tweeter wants to get out but use experts. Fans are more credible-maybe even ubers :p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Not exactly the right place for this but I don't understand why people go to famous skaters for comments any way. I mean most of them are not experts on the current judges system. I get it that, names bring readers and credibility to what a writer or tweeter wants to get out but use experts. Fans are more credible-maybe even ubers :p
    well, the media regularly prints the opinions of great minds like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman, so... Anywho, the media also loves to play up the "COP has ruined skating" angle, as it's what tv viewers agree with, so getting a bunch of famous 6.0 skater to say this cop win was wrong plays right into the media's agenda IMO.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    I think the idea of the host of the next olys making waves by filing an official complaint about the results of this olys is highly unlikely. And the Isu probably thinks this too, but their "it's not a scandal until we receive 6 forms all in triplicate sealed by 7 different officials, oh, and we'll need proof that the witch is dead too..." response was an instant classic. This so soooo swept under the rug already.
    Sadly....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    well, the media regularly prints the opinions of great minds like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman, so... Anywho, the media also loves to play up the "COP has ruined skating" angle, as it's what tv viewers agree with, so getting a bunch of famous 6.0 skater to say this cop win was wrong plays right into the media's agenda IMO.
    COP has not ruined skating. Corrupt judging has. And it will continue to, unless we address the real problem. COP is smoke and mirrors. It was a lame show of addressing the problem to mollify viewers. The problem was never the math, it was always the judges. The system of accruing points won't change that. Sanctions, penalties, and getting rid of the judges who show time after time that they are corrupt.

vCash
    Although I'm not enough of an expert to offer an opinion of who should have won, I will say that Adelina's short program scores seemed even more inflated to me than her free skate scores. I was quite surprised that someone who did only a triple toe/triple toe combination in the short was essentially tied with 2 people who did much more difficult combinations. It seemed to me that, after Yulia fell in the short program, the scores that would have been Yulia's were transferred to Adelina.

I saw 2 articles that called the free skate controversial, but neither article mentioned the short program at all. The SP is easier to make a clear comparison, and I think the SPs of the top 3 skaters make a very strong case that Adelina's scores were much too high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    I mean most of them are not experts on the current judges system. I get it that, names bring readers and credibility to what a writer or tweeter wants to get out but use experts. Fans are more credible-maybe even ubers :p
    How do we know this for a fact? Depends on the skater and the fan

In this specific case - the technical COP side may have been with Adelina, but anyone with eyes and taste could see her "interpretation" was juniorish compared to Yuna, Mao, Caro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    Although I'm not enough of an expert to offer an opinion of who should have won, I will say that Adelina's short program scores seemed even more inflated to me than her free skate scores. I was quite surprised that someone who did only a triple toe/triple toe combination in the short was essentially tied with 2 people who did much more difficult combinations. It seemed to me that, after Yulia fell in the short program, the scores that would have been Yulia's were transferred to Adelina.

I saw 2 articles that called the free skate controversial, but neither article mentioned the short program at all. The SP is easier to make a clear comparison, and I think the SPs of the top 3 skaters make a very strong case that Adelina's scores were much too high.
    Wonder what her score would have been if she skated before Yulia...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    Wonder what her score would have been if she skated before Yulia...
    No difference. They already inflated her sp score after Yulia flopped there. Yulia MAY have made the podium had her FP been flawless though

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast