View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    All I can say is... This is going to be a more interesting competition than Vancouver. The top 3 are neck and neck. I doubt Adelina will skate cleanly in the LP though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I fear that this poll has tempted the skate gods into giving us a Sotnikova OGM, figures.
    Figure skating should be replaced in the next Winter Olympics with iced 75+ over bridge and snowman making for 6- if that happens. The sport would officially be a bigger crock than rythmic gymnastics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    If a Russian skater wins without Kim and Kostner falling atleast twice (I would add Asada but she is already out of it) nobody will take it seriously anyway. It wont even be a real medal, just something people laugh at that will taint the whole Russian team here, even the previous medals which were deserved. Thank god Julia didnt skate clean today, probably would have gotten an 82 or something. If Julia does a clean long she will get a 165 and still pull up to the gold medal though, and if she doesnt they will just give Sotnikova the 165 instead, even if they have to give out +4 and +5s in GOE and 11s in PCS (making a special rule only allowed for Russians) to get there.
    ITA with this post. The inflated scoring has never been more transparent or more ridiculous.

vCash
    So, the new question is : Does Yu Na Kim have a chance for Gold against Adelina Sotnikova ?
    Hahahaaa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    So, the new question is : Does Yu Na Kim have a chance for Gold against Adelina Sotnikova ?
    Hahahaaa
    Based on julias scores and the way the scores have been trending Yuma has to be perfect and adelina has to fall 1.5 times or more

vCash
    Shame on the scoring for the Russians! Shame!

vCash
    Yeah....

vCash
    Adeline's score is outrageous. That's all I'm saying...

vCash
    No, Yuna has no chance; the way this is going.. PCS are simply being used as placeholders. Sotnikova is NOT 5 points better in PCS than Mao, and Julia getting higher than Mao in PCS is a JOKE. People getting all cray over the supposed ice dancing manipulation, where are they NOW?? This is the outrage here! Yuna needs to be perfect and skate with EMOTION to even have a shot at this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    No, Yuna has no chance; the way this is going.. PCS are simply being used as placeholders. Sotnikova is NOT 5 points better in PCS than Mao, and Julia getting higher than Mao in PCS is a JOKE. People getting all cray over the supposed ice dancing manipulation, where are they NOW?? This is the outrage here! Yuna needs to be perfect and skate with EMOTION to even have a shot at this.
    This is such a joke. These are the Olympics... Not the Russian National Championships.

vCash
    People simply wont acknowledge the Russian results at these Games. They will be seen as if they were DQed in every event and the real results go down from there. Skating history will laugh at the Russians results in figure skating at these Games especialy a Crapnitkova Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    This is such a joke. These are the Olympics... Not the Russian National Championships.
    ITA.. Adelina skated well with the elements, but to be ahead of Kostner in both marks?? Geez... Julia skated okay for her as well, but she is not in the same league in PCS but has been marked as such. There is little PCS seperation anymore to distingiuish the good from great for AMAZING. These judges are simply placeholding with PCS, such a shame..

vCash
    I hope this is the last year for figure skating in the Olympics despite being a figure skating fan. It does not deserve the Olympics anymore. If Yu Na Kim skates cleanly and loses to Crapnitikova it will be an all time scandal. It is already an all time scandal she is ahead of Kostner at these Olympics in fact. Kostner should be about 5 points higher in PCS for the short and 10 for the long, and Sotnikova's GOE were ridiculous in both programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    I hope this is the last year for figure skating in the Olympics despite being a figure skating fan. It does not deserve the Olympics anymore. If Yu Na Kim skates cleanly and loses to Crapnitikova it will be an all time scandal. It is already an all time scandal she is ahead of Kostner at these Olympics in fact. Kostner should be about 5 points higher in PCS for the short and 10 for the long, and Sotnikova's GOE were ridiculous in both programs.
    ITA... I'm at a loss here too and I usually try to be positive and keep an open mind, but this is too much..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    ITA... I'm at a loss here too and I usually try to be positive and keep an open mind, but this is too much..
    I'm not a big Yuna fan, but I don't care. If Mao can't get gold, then I want Yuna to.

vCash
    OMG Adelina is Olympic champion. This is a joke.

vCash
    I am definitely not watching any skating for another 8 years. Never seen something do disgraceful in the history of skating.

vCash
    Did Yuna Fall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I'm not a big Yuna fan, but I don't care. If Mao can't get gold, then I want Yuna to.
    While yuna has her shortcomings, I do not understand the scoring.

That said I also do not understand why any top skater would enter a competition without ensuring the highest base value possible (ahem...Patrick chan and yuna)

vCash
    I hate life.

This result is enough for someone to never take figure skating seriously again. There is no way in hell that Adelina Sotnikova should be the Olympic champion.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast