View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The better question is if Yuna can win against *insert random Russian skater here* if they both skate clean. Horrible judging today.

vCash
    I thought it was a fair placement, just that Yuna should be a little bit more ahead by 1 or 2 points

The FP is going to be insanely close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I never said she would fall apart. I just expect a fall from her in one of her next two programs. Every athlete has an off day and Julia is due for one. Mind you, I don't want it to happen, but I have a hunch it will. The odds that she skates perfectly two more times seems awfully slim. Something's gotta give eventually.
    Called it. Asking someone to skate 4 clean programs in a row at the biggest event of their life is a tall order for any skater.

vCash
    Thanks for playing, Julia.

vCash
    Although to be honest I'd rather have Lip on the podium than A-Sot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    The better question is if Yuna can win against *insert random Russian skater here* if they both skate clean. Horrible judging today.
    If a Russian skater wins without Kim and Kostner falling atleast twice (I would add Asada but she is already out of it) nobody will take it seriously anyway. It wont even be a real medal, just something people laugh at that will taint the whole Russian team here, even the previous medals which were deserved. Thank god Julia didnt skate clean today, probably would have gotten an 82 or something. If Julia does a clean long she will get a 165 and still pull up to the gold medal though, and if she doesnt they will just give Sotnikova the 165 instead, even if they have to give out +4 and +5s in GOE and 11s in PCS (making a special rule only allowed for Russians) to get there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    If a Russian skater wins without Kim and Kostner falling atleast twice (I would add Asada but she is already out of it) nobody will take it seriously anyway. It wont even be a real medal, just something people laugh at that will taint the whole Russian team here, even the previous medals which were deserved. Thank god Julia didnt skate clean today, probably would have gotten an 82 or something. If Julia does a clean long she will get a 165 and still pull up to the gold medal though, and if she doesnt they will just give Sotnikova the 165 instead, even if they have to give out +4 and +5s in GOE and 11s in PCS (making a special rule only allowed for Russians) to get there.

You won't take it seriously lol! Julia's long program is more difficult than yuna's and carolina . Nobody here can predict which skater will go clean tomorrow Yuna included. pressure is going to be off the roof.
    Last edited by crs; 02-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.

vCash
    Yuna must have nerves of steel. She's the defending OGM, and she still knocked it out of the park today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crs View Post
    Julia's program is more difficult than yuna's and carolina .
    Only in terms of levels. Program components wise, she's a hamburger next to fillet minon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Yuna must have nerves of steel. She's the defending OGM, and she still knocked it out of the park today.
    Very true! Yet, Yuna also has nothing to prove. She's already done it all. I think that can also help to alleviate some of the pressure. I like that she hasn't put any pressure on herself that she has to win here. Just going out there and doing her thing. And doing it well!

vCash
    Horrible judging and incomprehensible scores indeed. Yulia's kept close enough at 5th even with a terrible performance so that she can remain a backup just in case. That, of course, doesn't mean these girls aren't any less disposable or replaceable to Russian federation or the media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usethis2 View Post
    Horrible judging and incomprehensible scores indeed. Yulia's kept close enough at 5th even with a terrible performance so that she can remain a backup just in case. That, of course, doesn't mean these girls aren't any less disposable or replaceable to Russian federation or the media.
    if she had a terrible performance with only a mistake what do you call mao's?

vCash
    And likewise to some forum members here, regrettably. It's amazing how quickly they switch their focus from Yulia to Adelina. I had been making case for Adelina before the Yulia fad caught on and now am observing a hilarious hipocracy now. These folks have absolutely no shame.

vCash
    And likewise to some forum members here, regrettably. It's amazing how quickly they switch their focus from Yulia to Adelina. I had been making case for Adelina before the Yulia fad caught on and now am observing a hilarious hipocracy now. These folks have absolutely no shame.
    especially when they want to held up less than stellar skaters just because they don't want to see certain tremendously talented skater beat their faves.

vCash
    One fall on a jump does not make a performance terrible. It wasn't her best, and it was probably her worst because she has set such a high standard for herself. Julia was rewarded for what she did well, and she lost points for what she did not do well. That's hardly "horrible judging and incomprehensible scores".

vCash
    I never cared for Adelina, but I congratulate her on her great SP skate today. Julia is my favorite, and it's not a fad; she has earned the popularity by delivering consistently the entire season. One performance does not ruin a skater. I am not a bandwagon fan.

vCash
    Even if Yulia hadn't fallen in the SP, I doubt she would have surpassed Kim's score. No one has a chance against Kim if she's clean, and I find it laughable that anyone thinks the other skaters do.

Watch: Kim will knock it out of the ballpark in the long and is assured of the gold - the second and third places are anyone's guess, but if I'm a betting person, I'd bet on the standings remaining the same. I've always said Kostner has the potential to beat Kim, but she'll have to skate a perfect program to do it, and we all know that's an impossibility for her. Adelina may go clean, but she still won't beat a clean Kim.

vCash
    Based on the ridiculous scoring today a clean Sotnikova beating a clean Kim is far more likely than a clean Kostner beating a clean Kim. In fact I am certain the latter wont happen (even if Kostner skated cleanly to make the hypothetical there, which also will never happen). After the nonsense marks of today the latter could, although it will be a huge scandal if it does and destroy skating. The Worldwide reaction to the short program scoring proves that. Nobody who knows skating thinks Sotnikova is at the level of the other two yet, barely anymore than they thought Julia was, even if Sot is atleast a better skater than her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lily View Post
    Now after Julia Lipnitskaya is getting all glory, triumph and high PCS notes does Yuna Kim have a chance against her for gold?
    Julia who?

vCash
    I fear that this poll has tempted the skate gods into giving us a Sotnikova OGM, figures.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast