View Poll Results: Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

144 90.57%
  • No

15 9.43%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?

Now after Julia Lipnitskaya is getting all glory, triumph and high PCS notes does Yuna Kim have a chance against her for gold?
    What do you think?

vCash
    Yes I think she might do.

vCash
    The more pertinent and interesting question is does Julia have any shot at gold against Yuna.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    The more pertinent and interesting question is does Julia have any shot at gold against Yuna.
    Yes I think she might do.

vCash
    Absolutely no!!!!

If it's make the OP feels happy, my pleasure

vCash
    It seems the judges are doing everything in their power to bring Julia's scores to the level of Yuna's scores. Yuna already won an OGM, why would she need a second one? It's Julia's momentum, she has to take the gold at these Olympics as she might not get another chance in 2018.

vCash
    Yes she does, and unless she makes atleast 3 major mistakes she will beat her no problem.

vCash
    I think the judges have put Julia on equal ground which means if she goes clean and Yu-Na makes mistakes, Julia will likely win. If Yu-Na skates cleanly she'll win, but if she cracks the door in the slightest the judges will push Julia through it.

vCash
    IMO the question should be "Does Julia have a chance to win against Yu na Kim?" Yu na is still the reigning Olympic and world champion. Julia has never been to an Olympics (before this one) or world championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I think the judges have put Julia on equal ground which means if she goes clean and Yu-Na makes mistakes, Julia will likely win. If Yu-Na skates cleanly she'll win, but if she cracks the door in the slightest the judges will push Julia through it.
    You overrate Julia. Even a clean Sotnikova will beat Julia, so a clean Kim has a couple mistakes over her. A clean Kim will score around 150 in the LP and atleast 5 points higher htan Julia in the short program, so she has a couple mistakes margin over her minimum atleast.

vCash
    I can't imagine this, a World where Yu Na Kim has no chance at winning against a 15 yo badly overscored ! Actually, I feel really bad. I hope those Olympics end and that I will forget the results, asap ! hahahaaa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    IMO the question should be "Does Julia have a chance to win against Yu na Kim?" Yu na is still the reigning Olympic and world champion. Julia has never been to an Olympics (before this one) or world championships.
    Well, exactly my thought ! I hadn't read your post before mine.
    It seems clear to me that it would be sad if the reigning World and Olympic champ had no chance against Lipnitskaya. The question should be reversed !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Well, exactly my thought ! I hadn't read your post before mine.
    It seems clear to me that it would be sad if the reigning World and Olympic champ had no chance against Lipnitskaya. The question should be reversed !

Nope,because is not Yuna's Olys to win this time around. She already did that in Vancouver.

vCash
    Uh well one is the reigning world champ and Olympic champ. The other is 15 and has never been to worlds before..

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    "Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?"

This is impossible to answer since no one has seen Yuna skate all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    "Does Yuna Kim have a chance for gold against Julia Lipnitskaya?"

This is impossible to answer since no one has seen Yuna skate all season.
    Some people have. She entered a couple of competitions and I believe those programs are still available on yt.

vCash
    Is so clear to me that some here think of Yuna as the "only hope" to beat julia lol! I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

vCash
    Right now Yu na, Mao, Carolina, Julia and Gracie are all in it. Any of these ladies can win the gold on any given day. Yu na is still the favorite, IMO but not as heavy a favorite as she was in 2010.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    Yes she does, and unless she makes atleast 3 major mistakes she will beat her no problem.
    LOL!!! You are clearly not living in reality if you honestly think Yuna with 3 major mistakes will still beat a clean Yulia Lipnitskaya in Russia. A major mistake is like singling a planned triple or falling 3 times, which is a huge loss of points. I think Yuna is in danger if she only makes one major mistake personally. 3 major mistakes will most likely have her off the podium given how talented and deep this field is.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-10-2014 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    To me a major mistake isnt neccessarily a fall or singled jump, but a step out, major two foot, hand down, doubled jump. Yes I do think she would be safe to beat a clean Julia with only 2 of those, a 3rd and it might be close. I also dont really care what someone who thinks Suzuki is a real threat to Kim, and would beat Kim if both skated cleanly if the judging were fair, or that Kostner would be able to beat the Kim from Vancouver if she skated to her potential, thinks is crazy or delusional. I will trust my own views over your warped ones anyday thanks.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast