Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    Meryl is stunning. She is not the classic Hollywood style beauty, but she has that Aquiline look, with her nose starting high between the eyes. That look was considered the ultimate in Western beauty from the time of Alexander the Great until the 20th century. One of those Eurosport guys has been amusingly gaga over her since Prince Igor.

She also is the most skilled user of makeup of anyone in skating today. She really needs a MAC endorsement, esp for her use of eyeshadow. There is a real trick to figuring out makeup that works in the rink as well as up close in TV interviews.

That said, she definitely did go thru an ugly duckling phase. I heard stories years ago that at one point the USFS tried to convince Charlie to switch partners to a prettier girl. He wasn't having any of it.

She also has those beautiful wide spaced eyes which many women, me included, would just kill to have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    Meryl is stunning. She is not the classic Hollywood style beauty, but she has that Aquiline look, with her nose starting high between the eyes. That look was considered the ultimate in Western beauty from the time of Alexander the Great until the 20th century. One of those Eurosport guys has been amusingly gaga over her since Prince Igor.

She also is the most skilled user of makeup of anyone in skating today. She really needs a MAC endorsement, esp for her use of eyeshadow. There is a real trick to figuring out makeup that works in the rink as well as up close in TV interviews.

That said, she definitely did go thru an ugly duckling phase. I heard stories years ago that at one point the USFS tried to convince Charlie to switch partners to a prettier girl. He wasn't having any of it.
    I would hope that this is not true, if it is that's just tacky and classless, even if she weren't beautiful.

They both had phases. It took Charlie a while to look like Charlie again. I think he looked more like his adult self as a toddler than he did when he was a kid. He lost a little facial definition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post
    This might sound mean, but...watching the medals ceremony today, I was really happy for all the skaters, truly I was, but when they handed the gold medal to B/S all I could think was, how on earth can THEY have an Olympic gold medal and Meryl and Charlie have none??? Think about that for a second!

I have to confess I was thinking the same thing and not just about B/S. That's why I'm not totally sold on this team event. It'll be interesting to see if it stays in the Olympics. I read the event wasn't as well attended as I would've expected.

vCash
    The overwhelming consensus on Twitter is that Meryl is gorgeous, she's a Disney princess on ice - OR, when she isn't ice dancing, she is a Disney Princess- and there's a lot of awe over her arm muscle. A few not nice comments, but they are few and far in between.

vCash
    I think Meryl is gorgeous - BUT - I really hope she gains some weight once they're done competing. Frankly, being so very skinny makes her look a bit old. I bet she would be even prettier with a couple extra pounds.

But that's me and my unpopular opinions. Remember I'm the one who said she should cut her hair (still think so)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I think Meryl is gorgeous - BUT - I really hope she gains some weight once they're done competing. Frankly, being so very skinny makes her look a bit old. I bet she would be even prettier with a couple extra pounds.

But that's me and my unpopular opinions. Remember I'm the one who said she should cut her hair (still think so)

I'd like to see her put on a little weight myself. Oh, and Fedor, who could have any woman, certainly thinks she's beautiful. And he's got great taste, having previously dated the beautiful Tanith Belbin.

vCash
    Twitter has an awesome interactive of most-shared Olympics photos.

http://twitter.github.io/interactive/sochi/#d4&s__

For Feb. 9 (yesterday), Meryl and Charlie have not ONE BUT TWO photos in the most-shared slot globally:

https://twitter.com/Visa/statuses/432046162338521088 <-----Visa tweeted this image of Meryl and Charlie, which has been RT 2,034 times and favored by more than 6,000 users.

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...85169367973888 <---- this was mentioned earlier this then-and-now photo has been retweeted 648 times and favored by more than 1,200 users.

One of the most shared photos in JAPAN is this very cute fan art of Meryl and Charlie: https://twitter.com/katosann/statuse...77535212720129

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    One of the most shared photos in JAPAN is this very cute fan art of Meryl and Charlie: https://twitter.com/katosann/statuse...77535212720129
    So cute!

vCash
    Curious also... Anyone have any information about Charlie & Meryl leaving Sochi to Train. Igor is to take his couples to Moscow and Ladies are going to Austria.

vCash
    Another "love triangle" article. They had me at the Hunger Games part, lost me on the love triangle.

Olympic Ice Skaters Charlie White & Meryl Davis Are in a 'Hunger Games' Style Love Triangle
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Twitter has an awesome interactive of most-shared Olympics photos.

http://twitter.github.io/interactive/sochi/#d4&s__

For Feb. 9 (yesterday), Meryl and Charlie have not ONE BUT TWO photos in the most-shared slot globally:

https://twitter.com/Visa/statuses/432046162338521088 <-----Visa tweeted this image of Meryl and Charlie, which has been RT 2,034 times and favored by more than 6,000 users.

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/stat...85169367973888 <---- this was mentioned earlier this then-and-now photo has been retweeted 648 times and favored by more than 1,200 users.

This is awesome! That orange dress in the pic Visa tweeted out is one of my all time favorite Meryl dresses. She looks drop dead gorgeous in that pic!

vCash
    Oh my gosh. That is absolutely the most ridiculous headline. That's just...wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    Another "love triangle" article. They had me at the Hunger Games part, lost me on the love triangle.

Olympic Ice Skaters Charlie White & Meryl Davis Are in a 'Hunger Games' Style Love Triangle
    I think it was kind of apt. Like Katniss, Charlie is pretending to love Peeta/Meryl when the real object of his affection Tanith/Gayle is off screen. Hopefully Tanith will not mastermind a plan to kill his little sister leaving him to end up with Meryl. That's where the analogy breaks down.

vCash
    The article makes it sound like they're trying to keep up the act off the ice. MC have made it super clear, every time they're asked, that they've never dated.
    There's no "charade" or secret relationship--Just 2 separate relationships, personal and professional.

vCash
    Lol It really does have different meanings. Up here, we use salty like this for example:

Girl A keeps bragging to people that she's the best in soccer.

Another team kicks her team's butt the next day ,and she got 0 points.

Girl A now feels salty.

ETA: Wow that's so cruel of them to say that (if it's true) to Meryl. Whoever suggested that Charlie switch partners must be feeling so salty right now!!
    Last edited by Jiazumi; 02-11-2014 at 02:16 AM.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Cute drawing someone made of them:

https://twitter.com/katosann/statuse...77535212720129

vCash
    I'm with TandBfan, that Hunger Games piece had me in stitches! Just too funny, and just having a great time with all this!

vCash
    https://mobile.twitter.com/IMKristenBell
    Kristen Bell (from Veronica Mars) posted a cute picture that has Meryl and Charlie with Belle and the Beast

Buzzfeed decided to change Meryl and Charlie's music to Beyonce's Drunk in Love
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/o...-drunk-in-love

vCash

This bit is

Somehow White has turned himself in a fictional character from a YA novel.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast