vCash

How to watch videos of Sochi?

Hey y'all:

So I found the thread re:livestreams (), but I won't be able to watch everything live (damn working during fashion week). All the Youtube videos of the programs are blocked. How can I watch the programs after they've been skated (like the Team Shorts, for example?)

Thank you for any help!!

vCash
    That will depend greatly on where you live and what your broadcaster is doing. Here in Canada CBC is making available full replay's of everything they broadcast, plus all the footage that they streamed via the internet.

vCash
    How long do they leave those replays up, Skate Talker? I tried to watch the team events today and none played. Are they just up until the medals are awarded or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

vCash
    This probably was answered on another thread... as of Monday I have access to videos at www.nbcolympics.com but I can't easily find full replays of the team figure skating events. It's not at this link, http://www.nbcolympics.com/sport/figure-skating , and when I go to the "Live Extra" on-demand page it shows every sport but figure skating, http://www.nbcolympics.com/live-extra . I guess I'll search through Twitter for the individual links, like I did for pairs SP, http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure.../winter/13790/ .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasia View Post
    How long do they leave those replays up, Skate Talker? I tried to watch the team events today and none played. Are they just up until the medals are awarded or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
    Okay could be a bit complicated to explain - hope I can do it.

Use this link -

http://olympics.cbc.ca/schedules-results/list.html

It should automatically load for current date but then you can click on the date you want. For my test I selected Feb 6. Then a listing of all sports from that day comes up listed alphabetically. You want to go to the figures skating section and click on the words Full Replay opposite the part you want to see.

When it starts up it will first play commercials, then just music and the CBC games logo, but underneath the video window are the controls. In order from left to right are the 5-second rewind button, the pause/play button, the bitrate button, the long zoom bar which starts out all grey, and ending with the expand to full-screen button, the volume control, the alert button (actually don't know what that is for) and then the time displays (eg time within vid that you are at and total vid time).

What you need to do is to click inside that long grey zoom bar to advance within the vid. Actually if I were you I would put the pause button on, then click on the zoom bar near the right side expand full-screen button. That way you will quickly see they have put markers where different things happen, like start of men short, star of pair short, marked with green arrows, and Canadian competitors marked with maple leafs. Then you can click at the part you want to start and hit the play button. (send me a pm if you need more instruction because I don't check threads all the time.)

This is the webcast version - at least for Day 1 of the team event. They have much footage before the actual start of just empty sheet of ice so maybe that helped confuse things for you. I don't think this happened after the first day but not sure.