Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I am absolutely heartbroken for them...they deserved a medal. They have never been in favour with the judges, in spite or their constant efforts to improve and grow. Excellent basics and true dancing. For me, their medal record says nothing about their abilities or efforts--they are an amazing team and have given so much to the sport. They made interesting, innovative programs when people said that was impossible under the new system. They have overcome numerous injuries and other obstacles and managed to bring many great qualities of the old system into the new one.

Ils n'ont pas gagné une medaille, mais le petit prince et sa rose ont gagné mon cœur.
    Félicitations !

vCash
    I've never been a fan of Nathalie and Fabian until this season. Watching them skate their FD in the last group made the quality of their skating astoundingly clear. I finally got why they have such loyal fans. I was gutted for them when I read their post-skate interview. I've always admired their forthrightness, creativity and courage to be different. Merci beaucoup!

vCash
    I truly thought,after their amazing FD, that they would get bronze. Thought it was their best programme ever!

vCash
    They did so well. Life just isn't fair. But I do think that the result is. I hope they continue for another year or two, if they do... A World Championship title is most definitely in the cards for them. Regardless I will always love and respect what they brought to ice dancing, some of the most innovative ideas with fresh unique personalities on the ice and they'll always be my favorite team from this era.

They are really a breath of fresh air to watch in person too, their personalities just fill up an entire arena. I remember attending the Free Dance in LA at the World Championships and they completely lit up the crowd and were the best performance of the night IMO! (the crowd was literally asleep beforehand) They have put so much into their careers already but realistically... One more year could bring them their best ever results.

That 07 "Four Seasons" FD in particular was really just so werid, but when I "got" it I've rarely been as I was with that program - talk about completely modern and cool.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 02-19-2014 at 10:09 AM.

vCash
    I love the legacy that Pechalat & Bourzat have brought to modern ice-dancing. They have to be praised for daring to think outside the box. Nevertheless, I don't have a beef with the OG results. I believe the result is correct. But off course that it is heartbreaking to see someone work so hard for most of their lifes just to go home without an olympic medal. On the other hand, I believe they shouldn't feel sad. Pechalat & Bourzat conquered the hearts of many people and they will be remembered.

Maybe they will still be connected with ice-dance in the future as coaches or choreographers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    I love the legacy that Pechalat & Bourzat have brought to modern ice-dancing. They have to be praised for daring to think outside the box. Nevertheless, I don't have a beef with the OG results. I believe the result is correct. But off course that it is heartbreaking to see someone work so hard for most of their lifes just to go home without an olympic medal. On the other hand, I believe they shouldn't feel sad. Pechalat & Bourzat conquered the hearts of many people and they will be remembered.

Maybe they will still be connected with ice-dance in the future as coaches or choreographers.
    ITA with everything.
    I would love to see them work as choreographers/coaches some day. In the near future, they have such a unique style on the ice, I hope they will consider skating in shows/tours (sorry, haven't read the entire thread, so maybe they've already considered/nixed this idea). But, they have such a memorable and unique style, I would love to see them continue their craft in a new venue-without having to worry about judges, what other competitors do or the regulations of ISU short dance/free dance.

vCash
    The judging at this event was very biased towards the Russians. I was never really a true blue fan of theirs, but I feel with their lovely programs esp. the FD, they should have been on the podium.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Again, clarie, I have to agree. I love the Russians but don't think they have the technique of P/B, or the smooth style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    The judging at this event was very biased towards the Russians. I was never really a true blue fan of theirs, but I feel with their lovely programs esp. the FD, they should have been on the podium.
    Just this event? What about the pairs and the ladies?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123