Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I was not a fan of their original SD, but I love the new one! I'd have had them above Bobrova and Soloviev in the team event, but I didn't check the protocols so maybe the placement was right.
    Love their FD as well. Rooting for them to get the bronze too but it seems the judges favour other teams..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyCurry View Post
    I was not a fan of their original SD, but I love the new one! I'd have had them above Bobrova and Soloviev in the team event, but I didn't check the protocols so maybe the placement was right.
    Love their FD as well. Rooting for them to get the bronze too but it seems the judges favour other teams..
    Yeah, I think the Bronze for any non Russian team is a pipe dream at this point. Judging by the team event I think B/S and I/K would have to implode for that to happen and that doesn't seem likely. I've never seen an entire country of people skate that well at the same event. I would like to know what magical kool aid of confidence they've all been drinking.

Even in pairs today with S/S skating well, they put them five points behind V/T. If a Russian is within a stones throw of a medal, they'll get it.

vCash
    You are likely right Jessiebanana. They have made a huge number of sacrifices to try and get that medal - I am sure every move and coaching change has been so disruptive to their lives. Fingers crossed for them anyway.
    pug lover

vCash
    Well I'm still hoping for bronze for these two. It seems like we've been watching them forever. They'll be the happiest bronze medalists ever.

vCash
    They're in the mix for bronze still after a fabulous SD

vCash
    They were exquisite today! Absolutely amazing! This was a perfect last skate for them. My announcers were very clear that they should've been in front of I/K... but we all figured it wouldn't happen. Some things are more important than medals and I'm glad they had amazing skates here. Congrats Nat and Fab!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    They were exquisite today! Absolutely amazing! This was a perfect last skate for them. My announcers were very clear that they should've been in front of I/K... but we all figured it wouldn't happen. Some things are more important than medals and I'm glad they had amazing skates here. Congrats Nat and Fab!!
    Yes, once again, they were robbed! This has been the story of their career. But I so appreciate this team for their perseverance and personality. I will miss them!

vCash
    So sad to see their careers draw to a close. They have been so great and really rose to the occasion at these Olympics.
    pug lover

vCash
    I'm going to miss these two a lot, they brought me a lot to look forward to. They always were the most creative and original skaters out there, and I enjoy them much more than any of the Olympic medalists.

Wheee Nat&Fab

vCash
    I will miss them so much They had amazing skate's of two great programme's .I always seem to like the French teams.
    Thankyou Nathalie and Fabian !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I will miss them so much They had amazing skate's of two great programme's .I always seem to like the French teams.
    Thankyou Nathalie and Fabian !
    Goodbye Little prince and your rose

vCash

Congrats to them. Both dances were very interesting and well skated.

vCash
    They were wonderful and truly deserved the bronze. Will really miss them.

vCash
    Now bring it on Papadakis/Cizeron
    See you at world's

vCash
    I am crushed for them! I was so hopping they would medal. Loved their innovative programs through the years. Merci beaucoup, Nathalie et Fabian!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    I'm such a huge P/B fan but even I can say that I/K were deserving of the Bronze. But honestly, I kinda thought that P/B & I/K out-shined the top two.
    Also, no it was not a fix as it was in Russia. If you think that I/K were not amazing & truly deserved a medal then you don't know your skating.
    This Russian-fix thing is getting really old & boring.

vCash
    I hope P&B change their mind and decide to skate at Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I'm such a huge P/B fan but even I can say that I/K were deserving of the Bronze. But honestly, I kinda thought that P/B & I/K out-shined the top two.
    Also, no it was not a fix as it was in Russia. If you think that I/K were not amazing & truly deserved a medal then you don't know your skating.
    I&K skated wonderfully, I have no issues with them , but where has anyone said that there was a Russian-fix on this thread? This thread is meant for people to cheer, and possibly say goodbye to P&B.

In any case, I teared up watching P&B skate. I'll always remember the first time I really noticed them back in 2006 with their Four Seasons program and Nathalie wearing cotton balls and Fabian in what looked like a burlap sack. I remember thinking what the... . It was so unique and caught me off guard, that they quickly became one of my favorites to watch. I remember year after year each of their programs took on a completely different character, from dancing to Techno music in straight jackets, to their Chaplin and Circus themed programs, I really will miss their presentation, originality and quirkiness. To see them skate well, and just not have it be enough for a medal is so difficult. They really skated wonderfully this season, and I hope they can at least walk away knowing they did their all.

vCash
    I really loved their Flamenco OD when Nathalie used the fan .It was just as good IMO as A/P and L/A ODS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    Actually I've been quite vocal about I/K being my second fave team (and I was even praising them last year with that Ghost program). I think they are very amazing, and will be gold medalists in 2018. But I don't think they deserved bronze here. They can often be hectic and lose control in some of the movements (especially Nikita's twizzles). They (at this point) lack the finesse that P/B presented here. The overall quality of P/B was better. I don't think swan lake became 7 points better from the team event. I watch every single competition, and while I've seen great growth in I/K, I didn't think they reached that level yet. You are free to disagree, but not to accuse anyone of being ignorant because they disagree!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast