Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    May he have the skate of his life. Go for Gold, Patrick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DFJ View Post
    The point I was making was Chan skated after Hanyu's blowout performance and didn't collapse in a heap. I doubt he'll do so tomorrow.
    True but he didn't have to be on the ice to hear Yuzuru's marks.
    I'm sure he will be fine but I think it would be better if he could skate before Yuzuru and put down the score to beat.

I agree with everyone in that the odds are against him. As many have pointed out, Yuzuru has a higher base value and his PCS has grown a lot. So even though Patrick will likely still get a higher 2nd mark it won't be that much of a difference. That said, Patrick's free skate has been strong all season, so we'll have to see.

But I really liked what Patrick said in his CBC interview last night about skating for himself and not for a medal. I think he has a great attitude. If anybody can pull this off, he can!

vCash
    Good luck to Patrick !!! May he have a perfect skate.

vCash
    Shocking! Such a flawed program from Yuzuru and Patrick failed to capitalize on it...

vCash
    My heart was POUNDING... Silver is no slouch but the door was open!

vCash
    I don't know what on earth happened to Chan - the gold was his for the taking and he proceeded to skate one of his worst programs ever. He didn't even have to be absolutely perfect to win, he just had to do enough, but instead he self-destructed. He really looked like his mind was somewhere else during that FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Shocking! Such a flawed program from Yuzuru and Patrick failed to capitalize on it...
    I'm so depressed��

vCash
    Congrats to Patrick.

vCash
    Yes, congrats - not the best men's event. If I look back on Vancouver though, men's skating is at a much more challenging and risky level. I am very proud of Patrick - he had it in the Pc's and he never gave up the program. I wish I had a pug to hug though now luckiest!
    pug lover

vCash
    I have been crying...
    He didnt walk through that door.

But silver deserves heartfelt congratulations.
    And Patrick we love your skating and are your fans regardless.

vCash
    Aww, Emdee! In the grand scheme of things, 2-time silver medalist ain't bad. But man, so close. I wonder what his plans will be after Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    But silver deserves heartfelt congratulations.
    And Patrick we love your skating and are your fans regardless.
    Couldn't agree more.

I didn't watch. Couldn't. Disappointed that he didn't skate his best LP here otherwise the gold would have been his. Sigh...
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    But man, so close. I wonder what his plans will be after Sochi.
    I can't see Patrick going to Worlds in Japan. But for Skate Canada's sake, I can see him skate to get them more than one spot for next year (because Kevin and Liam won't be able to do it).

Patrick stated in an article that he has considered skipping next season and returning the season after. I really hope he comes back.

I'm at work. Before I met with a client, I read that Hanyu made a couple errors and the door was open for Chan. I entered that boardroom with my client truly believing that Chan would enter that door. I don't think I will ever watch this skate.

vCash
    Congrats to Patrick!!! He is really a very very good skater..

vCash
    Congrats to Patrick. He tried, but it looks as though those with the most pressure on them faltered. Nevertheless, PChiddy is coming home with 2 Silver Olympic medals, and that's no small feat. I hope he's around for a while longer because I'm just selfish
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I can't see Patrick going to Worlds in Japan. But for Skate Canada's sake, I can see him skate to get them more than one spot for next year (because Kevin and Liam won't be able to do it).

Patrick stated in an article that he has considered skipping next season and returning the season after. I really hope he comes back.

I'm at work. Before I met with a client, I read that Hanyu made a couple errors and the door was open for Chan. I entered that boardroom with my client truly believing that Chan would enter that door. I don't think I will ever watch this skate.
    yes

vCash
    When Yuzuru fell on that first quad, I thought "Patrick's got this!" But maybe he thought that too and couldn't keep it together? After his first jumping pass, I sure thought he had it! Anyway, I'm proud of all of them! That was a tough competition. Congrats to Patrick on silver!

vCash
    The top 10 or so (except Jason Brown) all tried quads, good for these men!

Denis Ten BRONZ !

vCash
    It seemed no skater wanted to be on the podium. The men did not deliver the goods.

vCash
    Sad for Patrick. It was there for him to take, but he couldn't do it. A silver is a fantastic achievement and he'll look fondly on that, but you know it wasn't what he wanted. It was a toss up who skated better in the long.

Sadly, no one really rose to the occasion and it was a rather lacklustre final for me. Certainly not the skate most of these men dreamed they'd be having on the biggest stage. So many could have taken that bronze but only Denis Ten really came close to actually reaching for it, so congratulations to him too.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast