Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Should I understand that Patrick will have his own TV show named You Got Channed on CBC? That would be a great start for him if he considers working in the media.

He looked totally relaxed and uninhibited in Strombo's studio and answered all the questions light-heartedly and with a great sense of humor. Perhaps that's what Strombo's shows are usually all about, the people sitting in the red chair joking a lot and having fun for a change?
    I haven't watched a lot of Strombo (usually just figure skating stuff) but he does seem to have fun with his guests. I've seen with with Tessa & Scott a couple of times and Elvis Stojko.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    tenis_den
    4 hours ago
    3-time World Champion @pchan31 and his beautiful socks. #BackstageSuperstarsOnIce

http://instagram.com/p/mkFiDwO4x3/#

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    tenis_den
    4 hours ago
    3-time World Champion @pchan31 and his beautiful socks. #BackstageSuperstarsOnIce

http://instagram.com/p/mkFiDwO4x3/#

In one of the interviews, he talked about always having holes in his socks, and forgetting to bring new ones. He was telling the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    In one of the interviews, he talked about always having holes in his socks, and forgetting to bring new ones. He was telling the truth.
    That's why I adore him the way he is. His humour and honesty.

Patrick on Japan buildings. And never stop having fun with his friends. I am not sure what he is trying to show of lifting his tee shirt. Fortunately, he's wearing another shirt underneath otherwise I may think he's trying to show off something else .....
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    That's why I adore him the way he is. His humour and honesty.

Patrick on Japan buildings. And never stop having fun with his friends. I am not sure what he is trying to show of lifting his tee shirt. Fortunately, he's wearing another shirt underneath otherwise I may think he's trying to show off something else .....
    Your links are reversed as in your first link shows PChiddy and his shirt while the second one shows Patrick on the building.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Your links are reversed as in your first link shows PChiddy and his shirt while the second one shows Patrick on the building.
    Thanks profdeb. I couldn't edit my link.

Vid from Maia showing a super happy cast: http://instagram.com/p/mh4hRWS7il/#

vCash

vCash
    I can't wait for SOI!

vCash
    Too cute - he looks like he is having a ton of fun. So good to see.
    pug lover

vCash
    It's so funny. For all of the drama and bashing that goes on here (and on other forums) about PC's so-called 10-fall cushion, 'controversial' wins and whatever he says to the media (that seems to be scrutinized to the letter lol), he sure seems to have the friendship and respect of all (or at least most) of his fellow skaters (and respect them himself). From what I can tell from blogs and social media and press interviews, he is very likable and fun and they all seem to have a really great time and enjoy each others company.

vCash
    Ottawa Citizen article by Wayne Scanlan: Fire still burns for Patrick Chan; Ottawa-born skater hints retirement not on the horizon
    For now, Chan is enjoying the chance to clear his head and live the tour. This fall, he is enrolled at the University of Toronto, where he plans to study liberal arts, perhaps toward a business degree.

Yet, so brightly do the competitive fires still burn in Patrick Chan, he talks of the possibility of studying by correspondence from Detroit, where he trains and has an apartment. This a young man who can’t so much as watch a baseball or hockey game as a spectator without imagining himself in the game, playing for victory.

“I do want to win another world championship,” he says. “I’m so competitive as an athlete, I want to win, I hate seeing other people win, so maybe that’s a sign that I should keep skating, and maybe striving for another Olympics. But the (Sochi) Olympics were such a high pressure event it kind of spooked me, and the idea of competition in me.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I so hope he sticks around.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This gave me hope that he may consider at least one more World Comp. Some of us are not ready to 'let go' yet. I am missing looking forward to his programs, Tu Ly's costumes, his skating and most of all, his spontaneous and heartwarming smiles.

I hope in the coming months, he will sort out what he wants. A blank canvass can be daunting but it has to start from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SGrand
    It's so funny. For all of the drama and bashing that goes on here (and on other forums) about PC's so-called 10-fall cushion, 'controversial' wins and whatever he says to the media (that seems to be scrutinized to the letter lol), he sure seems to have the friendship and respect of all (or at least most) of his fellow skaters (and respect them himself). From what I can tell from blogs and social media and press interviews, he is very likable and fun and they all seem to have a really great time and enjoy each others company.
    SGrand, the best judgement of one's character and skills are from one's peers. I have read many comments from Patrick's peers (coaches and skaters) regarding his skating skills and personality. Comments like these: I don't have Patrick's skating skills, you know what skating skills he has when he still can skate with someone else's skates, unsurpassed skating skills, skates like a dancer, he is so accommodating, he is so nice and down to earth ... and so on. And that is partly what we fans love Patrick for too. SGrand, unfortunately, there will be people who are motivated by 'whatever' in nit-picking and bashing others. We encounter such people at work too and in every aspect of our lives. We need to surround ourselves with positive like-minded people. Life can be too short to dwell constantly in the negatives.

Flowers for Patrick during his SOI Japan Tour.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 04-23-2014 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    When I watch Nam and think of the men's field in Canada without Patrick, I miss him all the more.

I try and think of a man who with the basics that he has, and can't come up with even one.

vCash
    Great article. It sure gives us fans some hope of seeing him compete again on his own terms of course.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Chan set to dazzle Halifax: http://thechronicleherald.ca/artslif...dazzle-halifax
    In Halifax, he’ll skate group numbers and two solos to Steppin’ Out by Tony Bennett and Best of Me by Michael Buble.

“Steppin’ Out is a great program, very formal, very Gastby-ish, funny and fun. It helps bring a smile to people’s faces. I’ve done it at Grand Prix galas but I haven’t done it much in Canada,” he said of the program choreographed by David Wilson.

“Best of Me is a ballad I really relate to, with beautiful lyrics. It fits me post-Olympics.”

He’ll definitely do triples, though doubts he’ll include a quad.

“When you do a quad, you take away from the quality of the skating and the musicality.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    When I watch Nam and think of the men's field in Canada without Patrick, I miss him all the more.

I try and think of a man who with the basics that he has, and can't come up with even one.
    Liam Firus comes quite close to Patrick in skating basics with amazing edge quality and effortless gliding. Liam has definitely become a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I hope in the coming months, he will sort out what he wants. A blank canvass can be daunting but it has to start from somewhere.
    ITA spiky. Patrick will have to decide whether he is really willing to go back to his old routines as a competitive skater - waking up at the same hour, eating the same food and practicing the same elements every single day. 2018 Olympics is a huge commitment.

vCash
    I am more hopeful that he will accept Kurt's challenge to go for one more World than to commit to another Olympics.

I think Canada has a fair share of male skaters with wonderful skating skills. I agree Liam is an elegant skater. I see very good skating skills in young Sadovsky. And Nam is the rising star right now.

Pix of Canadian men at CSOI practice.

vCash
    I just want to see him compete again, live, one more time. I'm not picky. Thanks for the links and pictures!

vCash

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast