Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Agreed, Luckiest 1. I was enormously cheered to hear him say he hasn't encountered criticism- just support.
    His fans may be disappointed for him, we know how much we wanted to bring home the gold, but we're not disappointed in him. We know he worked hard and he didn't give up or let us down. Those who say otherwise are fair weather fans not worth knowing.

Taking a year off doesn't always mean retirement, Kim after all didn't compete much after 2010 and she still returned in good shape in 2013 for World and in Sochi. So Patrick could do thse same. Even if he never does win the OGM, he's given us so many things to appreciate.

vCash
    I really see him as the most 'complete' skater.
    Cannot wait for CSOI.

vCash
    I do too, I could watch him skate without any jumps or spins just stroking and footwork, he's that spellbinding to me. Master of the blade.

vCash
    Hey, look at what Patrick is playing!

https://www.facebook.com/99175831636...&stream_ref=10

vCash
    ^^ Yay, Patrick for 2018 Canadian Curling Team!

Claire, isn't figure skating and curling two of your favourite sports?

Looks like Patrick is back in Toronto. He appeared at McDonalds and some fans were posting pictures taken with him.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Maybe Scott and Patrick will have their own ice Olympians team with one of them as skip. Wouldn't that be amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Maybe Scott and Patrick will have their own ice Olympians team with one of them as skip. Wouldn't that be amazing!
    I think so!

You all may have seen the Chiddy's tweet on the cut he got at Gala. Didn't realise it was quite bad. No wonder he unbuttoned his shirt to check whether his torso was still intact.

vCash
    I love my P Chiddy and can hardly wait to see him at CSOI. I am so glad he is getting the support he so deserves. I wonder what the men's discipline will look like going forward as I don't see any other skaters doing Patrick's challenging programs with two quads and no mistakes. I plan to sit back and see if they can do it consistently. I hope he does come back in a year or so - but if not - he is one of my ultimate favourites.
    pug lover

vCash
    That cut is much worse than I thought. I don't know how his shirt wasn't torn and how it didn't bleed through! So scary, and so glad he was (and is) ok.

vCash
    I don't see stitches in the photo. I think what he got is a bad bruise.

vCash
    Does anyone know what Patrick`s plans are moving forward. I am guessing he would go one of 2 ways:

-Take a break from amateur competition, but then make a comeback stating in 2016 or 2017 (I dont think he would leave it to 2018 if he does come back)
    -go into pro skating and school full time.

I dont think he will see him at the 2015 worlds or season either, but could see him making a comeback anytime after that, but probably not leaving it to the Olympic season if he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    I don't see stitches in the photo. I think what he got is a bad bruise.
    I wouldn't call that a 'bruise'. That's a cut. Fortunately, not a serious one.

vCash
    OMG.......Patrick curling............so cute. Just got back from a weekend of curling today and I see this Thanks for posting that Spiky.

That's a nasty cut he got at the Gala. He was fortunate. It could have been much worse for sure. No wonder he was clawing at his shirt trying to see.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    You all may have seen the Chiddy's tweet on the cut he got at Gala. Didn't realise it was quite bad. No wonder he unbuttoned his shirt to check whether his torso was still intact.
    The comments below the tweet amaze. It seems some people have nothing better to do with their time than take offense at what Patrick says every time he opens his mouth.

He doesn't speak in 'media correct' terms a lot of the time. However, I find him refreshingly candid and also think there is a fair bit of bluster in him, probably in part attributed to having demanding and critical parents cast in the traditional Chinese mold.

But he is much more interesting than skaters who only interchange rehearsed and coached answers to questions that they may as well have just picked out of a box.

The comments that Russians often make in the long interviews they tend to do are also candid and can be seen as offensive. But I guess that's okay, given that they are Russian (from the home of the Bolshoi ballet and Tolstoy and all that, which clearly denotes superiority)?

vCash
    Yikes, that could have been serious. No wonder he was trying to figure out what happened.
    pug lover

vCash
    How did Chan get that cut?

vCash
    Patrick Chan ‏@Pchiddy · 11h
    What a great St. Patrick's Day: worked on a show program for Stars on Ice Japan/Canada and had a blast speaking to @strombo at his studio.

Hopefully Patrick will work with as many choreographers as he can as a pro skater - if he decides to stay in figure skating - and follow in the footsteps of Browning in terms of variety and quality of programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingrace View Post
    How did Chan get that cut?
    Just a minor mishap during the Sochi Gala. The camera caught Patrick fiddling with his shirt for quite some time. luckiest1 even thought he was trying to show off his chest, and I thought his buttons came off and he didn't know to to button up.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Hopefully Patrick will work with as many choreographers as he can as a pro skater - if he decides to stay in figure skating - and follow in the footsteps of Browning in terms of variety and quality of programs
    I would love that VarBar. Some of Browning's show programs were masterpieces showing his talent and brilliance. I hope someone can design a program to showcase Patrick's beautiful edges. I wonder whether he's learning a new individual program? Is there enough time to learn a new one for CSOI and JSOI?

vCash
    Sure sounds like he's working on a new show program. I can't wait for CSOI.

vCash
    Me too, Luckiest1. And I get to see it the day before you do. .

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast