Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thanks, spikydurian, for posting the pictures from the women's hockey final. I saw it (and him) on TV when the cameras focussed in on the Canadian figure skaters in the crowd, but it's great that you have captured that moment. He does seem to be really enjoying himself, which is great.

I really, really hope that he continues for at least one more year. This is purely a selfish wish, and I could understand if he retires. It's just that he has improved so much artistically in the last two years, and I'd like to see how much further he could take that improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    I really, really hope that he continues for at least one more year. This is purely a selfish wish, and I could understand if he retires. It's just that he has improved so much artistically in the last two years, and I'd like to see how much further he could take that improvement.
    I know, geoskate. You are not the only one who think so. He did say he's going to take a year off next season. So we will just have to 'wait and see'. Meanwhile, I will definitely suffer from 'Chiddy withdrawal symptom' after the Olympics.

Some nice pictures of Patrick and Mao dancing. Awww.... I think it's part of the exhibition?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I hope Patrick will take a year off and renew his love of skating. It will take him a while to get past his Olympic long program. That being said unless he acknowledges he needs a full time technical coach to get his axel jumps fixed there is not much point in coming back he needs consistency in his axel jumps. There is one in Canada and his name is Brian Orser. Now that would be interesting to see Hanyu and Patrick training side by side . That should have it's own thread here lol. They certainly would push each other. Time will tell but whatever Patrick chooses to do I wish him well. There is more to life than skating and I hope he finds satisfaction when he decides to retire permanently.
    ps I do hope he will go to World's he has nothing to lose. If he plans to retire after this season. He can help the men of the future by securing two spots for Canadian men in the 2015 World's. Hopefully he should have no problem getting in the top ten or five. Then he will have left one more gift to Canadian skating a chance for two men to get experience at 2015 World's.
    baron

vCash
    I feel that Patrick may be more widely appreciated in retrospect. If he were to step away for a year, it would be interesting to see what happens in the men's event. I don't know what to say about his triple axel. He can land some beauties but it is obviously not his money jump. It wasn't Lambiel's either. Brian didn't seem to solve Adam Rippon's problems with it. Kurt hated the lutz and I believe dropped it. It is hard to be amazing at everything.
    pug lover

vCash
    Love you patrick Chan

vCash
    I love him too. This season cemented him as my fave men's skater ever(sorry Yags but I still love ya too) I've had a great time watching him and V/M at all these events. Glad they're making the most of a once in a lifetime experience. After the gala they were talking to him, he sounded a little hoarse. Not sure if he's sick, but I'm betting it's all the screaming he' done the past few days .Whatever he chooses in the future I wish him only the best. It's been a pleasure.

vCash
    Is Patrick going to worlds this year?

vCash
    Nick McCarvel ‏@NickMcCarvel · 1m
    Patrick Chan: "I feel in my heart that I want to win another Worlds, I just don't know if it's going to be this year" #Sochi2014

Pictures from the Gala.

https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/95bada4...e-009ae5d3cd91

https://s.yimg.com/sr/img/1/d1b651b4...4-1188b57d94b6

https://s2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/5491a93...c-32741d81d580

vCash
    Ok that quote makes me v.v. happy.

Damned TSN didn't show the full gala, but I just went and watched it on CBC.ca. How cool that Patrick got to speak at the end!!! Didn't expect that, not outside of Canada. I just loved all the camaraderie between all the skaters in the finale. And Patrick fiddling with the buttons on his shirt that somehow came undone, LOL!

vCash
    I just watched Patrick's exhibition and his speech on youtube (cbc sports channel), thanks to shayii posting T&S's exhibition on their thread. I am very curious about how was Patrick chosen to speak on behalf of the atheletes, since he's not the gold medalist.

vCash
    luckiest, yes, that comment gave me some hope too. Being able to follow and watch him for another season is better than none!

Ah yes, his buttons came undone and he was trying to fix it all the way towards the end but it didn't work. Looks like Scott and Tess were laughing at him. Here's the part where the button came undone ........

Love his jazzy Ex particularly this part where he came out of the jump on one foot moving to the music. So smooth.

His thank you speech. fscric, I read (may not be accurate) that his peers chose him to give the thank you speech. If it's true, that's very nice of the skaters, and it shows that he is well liked and respected among his peers.

Found this. A hand drawn pix of Patrick by (I assume) a fan.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 02-23-2014 at 06:58 AM.

vCash
    luckiest, just found out that it was Hanyu's flying ninja kick which 'undone' his button. Actually, I think he unbuttoned the shirt to check whether he was cut to pieces but probably couldn't button his shirt back for one reason or another.

vCash
    Aww.......that speech was nice. He was so cute. I liked the group hug at the end
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    luckiest, just found out that it was Hanyu's flying ninja kick which 'undone' his button. Actually, I think he unbuttoned the shirt to check whether he was cut to pieces but probably couldn't button his shirt back for one reason or another.
    CBC showed this during their recap last night. Very scary!! I think Patrick was quite relieved to find out he wasn't bleeding.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    OMG! I missed that when I watched it originally. Now I understand why the buttons were undone. So glad he was ok!

vCash
    That was scary!!! Glad he wasn't hurt.

vCash
    Good grief.....that really was scary. Did Hanyu appologise after? If not, he should have. That was very dangerous and Patrick could have been seriously hurt.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Good grief.....that really was scary. Did Hanyu appologise after? If not, he should have. That was very dangerous and Patrick could have been seriously hurt.
    He went to talk to Patrick right after that, I assume to see if he was okay. Though to be honest, it was an accident. All the guys were skating to the choreography for the final number, which had a butterfly jump right at the end. Yuzuru had his back to Patrick, but Patrick didn't jump and skated into his direction while looking the other way (maybe he got distracted for a moment).
    Here's the video (geoblocked outside Canada).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    I hope Patrick will take a year off and renew his love of skating. It will take him a while to get past his Olympic long program. That being said unless he acknowledges he needs a full time technical coach to get his axel jumps fixed there is not much point in coming back he needs consistency in his axel jumps. There is one in Canada and his name is Brian Orser. Now that would be interesting to see Hanyu and Patrick training side by side . That should have it's own thread here lol. They certainly would push each other. Time will tell but whatever Patrick chooses to do I wish him well. There is more to life than skating and I hope he finds satisfaction when he decides to retire permanently.
    ps I do hope he will go to World's he has nothing to lose. If he plans to retire after this season. He can help the men of the future by securing two spots for Canadian men in the 2015 World's. Hopefully he should have no problem getting in the top ten or five. Then he will have left one more gift to Canadian skating a chance for two men to get experience at 2015 World's.
    Patrick finishing in top ten or even five at Worlds would probably be the reflection of disastrous or very poor skates by him on the technical side because I would expect his second mark to always be high enough as to help him place more or less decently in the final standings. Something a la Takahashi as fscric said a couple of pages back. I'm not sure I'd want to see that to be honest.

I think Kevin Reynolds is perfectly capable of having a top ten finish at this year's Worlds to secure two spots for the Canadian men in 2015.

vCash
    I'm sure Kevin is capable of finishing top ten, but don't we have 3 spots to fill for Worlds? I always get confused as to the rules of qualification...I think with 2 it's a total of 13. What is it with 3? Who will they send if Patrick doesn't go? I'm hoping Elladj gets the nod.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast