Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    I think that if a Canadian men ever wins the gold, it will be an unexpected or surprise win, in other words not from someone excepted to break the "curse".

ETA - like Sarah Huges in 2002, but hopefully with better skating skills.
    Good point. I think you may be right. I only hope I live to see it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    I am confused, why are we asked to get over it? Can't we Patrick fans feel sad for him? As for the petition comment, I can't believe someone would take it literally, I was taking a jab at those who have harassed Patrick over the last few years, who have said repeatedly that a programme with multiple falls shouldn't win a competition regardless of how the others skated but have now kept silent when it's not Patrick who fell and won, my anger is directed toward those double-standard, hypocritical so called figure skating fans.

As for his future, I am of the opinion that Patrick should take a break and pursue his education which has been put on hold for too long, explore his other interests and enjoy life for a while. If he felt like returning to competition, he would do so, otherwise, there's no point returning unless he wants to be another Takahashi.

One of those being his own team mate Duhamel....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    I think that if a Canadian men ever wins the gold, it will be an unexpected or surprise win, in other words not from someone excepted to break the "curse".

ETA - like Sarah Huges in 2002, but hopefully with better skating skills.
    No, hopefully for Canada, it will be a skater with the poise Sarah showed in 2002. Until then Canadian Men will forever be dreaming of Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    No, hopefully for Canada, it will be a skater with the poise Sarah showed in 2002.
    Poise (dictionary definition) = graceful and elegant bearing . That's not how I remember Sarah Hughes skating from 2002 (and that's not meant as any disrespect to her).

vCash
    I'm sad for Patrick; not angry with him.
    I hope that whatever decision he makes about his future, it will be his own choice,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ngCat View Post
    Poise (dictionary definition) = graceful and elegant bearing . That's not how I remember Sarah Hughes skating from 2002 (and that's not meant as any disrespect to her).
    Here is another dictionary definition of poise:

1. a state of balance or equilibrium, as from equality or equal distribution of weight

2. a dignified, self-confident manner or bearing; composure ...

Sorry Patrick did not have a better night but he had a lot of company.

Wishing him the best of luck in the future whether he continues or chooses to move on.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'm sad for Patrick; not angry with him.
    I hope that whatever decision he makes about his future, it will be his own choice,
    I agree.

Andre Agassi hated playing tennis until later in his career, when he decided for himself what he wanted out of it. Until his late 20's, he'd been pressured by everyone around him to keep playing and competing because he was so good at it.

I wonder if Patrick has found himself in the same hole, pressured by everyone to go for that OGM because he was good enough to do it. Now, he has nothing to lose really, so it's best that everyone lays off of him about it for a while.

vCash
    Thought the Chiddy Biddies might enjoy seeing this: https://twitter.com/CooperGFord/stat...937088/photo/1

Patrick looks just a wee bit uncomfortable.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Thought the Chiddy Biddies might enjoy seeing this: https://twitter.com/CooperGFord/stat...937088/photo/1

Patrick looks just a wee bit uncomfortable.
    OMG.... I LOVE this pix! Baby is sooo cute and well behaved. Couldn't see Chiddy's face but I thought he didn't look uncomfortable at all. Baby is no more than 2 months old? Chiddy's hands look big compared to this cutie.

Now this baby is going to the next Patrick/Kurt/Elvis/Brian when he grows up.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Alright, I am thoroughly convinced that Patrick loves the Stanley Cup more than his girlfriend!

Scott and Patrick - friends for life! Canadian, good looking, great skaters ....

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Scott and Patrick - friends for life! Canadian, good looking, great skaters ....
    That last gif is so misleading - Scott looks like a giant!

vCash
    Maybe just wishful thinking but seeing Patrick really soaking in the Olympics and cheering on athletes in other sports - I hope he feels inspired to keep going - even if he takes some time off after the pressure cooker he has been in.
    pug lover

vCash
    It is wonderful to see Patrick out and about with Tessa and Scott. So glad they seem to be really enjoying themselves. They deserve it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    That last gif is so misleading - Scott looks like a giant!
    That was my impression too that Scott looked at least a head taller than Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsgrouse
    It is wonderful to see Patrick out and about with Tessa and Scott. So glad they seem to be really enjoying themselves. They deserve it!
    They should after the years of hard work. They are unlikely to be in such a situation again so they should savour every moment.

Patrick and his love of hockey. Playing street hockey with Team USA. Patrick scored a goal!

Canada faces off against USA in street hockey game in Sochi: http://globalnews.ca/news/1158925/ca...game-in-sochi/ & http://olympic.ca/2014/02/19/game-on...-out-in-sochi/
    Last edited by spikydurian; 02-20-2014 at 09:59 AM.

vCash
    Oh Patrick.......and he scores.............so cute........can't keep a good man down. I also saw him at the curling game yesterday along with V/M. They really looked like they were just soaking it all in. What a terrific opportunity for them to stay on and enjoy. I'm also hoping this competition is not the last we see of Patrick. There's so much more left in him even if he takes some time off.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    It's good to know that Patrick does not wallow in the disappointment of not winning the gold, and set out to enjoy the rest of his stay in Sochi.

Looks like Jason Brown is in Team USA, so he and Patrick are representatives of figure skaters in their respective hockey team.

vCash

vCash
    Awwwww, thanks for that. I'm so happy that Patrick is making good on his promise to himself to enjoy the remainder of these Olympics!

vCash
    Given all the hoopla that is now going about Adelina Sotnikova's win yesterday, it was probably better that Patrick didn't win the gold with a flawed program. (I know that Sotnikova's wasn't flawed, but you get my point.) I guess in some ways it is better that he got the silver than to have live with petitions and nasty comments about his win. I wonder if he wins had not been controversial if his Olympic long program would have been an easier for him?

vCash
    If the judging doesn't sink figure skating, the fans will.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast