Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Does anyone know what time he will take the ice? Even though I can't watch, I want to be with him in spirit.
    He's in second last group. Not sure. Yes, as Corianna said, we Chiddy Biddies will be thinking of him. I was when I went to bed last night. Just visualizing his smiling and happy face after his TEB skate.

Well, I think Patrick has adopted the Filipino skater, Martinez as 'Canadian team'. He gave him a few pointers on knee bend and told him that he (Martinez) is officially part of the Canadian team and went out for dinner together. Wishing Martinez a great skate too.

"He actually told me that I was official Canadian team (member)," Martinez said, laughing. "He was really friendly and kind. I really liked him. Surprisingly (nice) for a world champion.

"He congratulated me that I'm the lone Olympian for the Philippines."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sochi/canada-s...#ixzz2tG3kHRu7
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Patrick skate so beautiful, so elegant! Hanyu skate good too but I feel this Chan 's time to shine. Hope he can relax in the long progam and that gold medal shine around his neck! Woo!

I heared many people leave arena when Plushenko withdraw. This sad that Russians do'nt appreciate other skaters. Only cheer for there own skaters. That is not good Olympic spirits!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozy View Post
    Patrick skate so beautiful, so elegant! Hanyu skate good too but I feel this Chan 's time to shine. Hope he can relax in the long progam and that gold medal shine around his neck! Woo!

I heared many people leave arena when Plushenko withdraw. This sad that Russians do'nt appreciate other skaters. Only cheer for there own skaters. That is not good Olympic spirits!
    Boozy are you into the Vodka again?

vCash
    CHAN CAN
    CHAN CAN
    CHAN CAN

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

vCash
    I'll admit to not being an especially big Chan fan, but I'm hoping he'll win if nothing else than for the fact that he's been on top since the last Olympic cycle and it would be such a shame if he failed to win the big one. I like Hanyu too but he's still so young and I don't want him to win the Olys now and then peter out.

One can see where the wind is blowing, though. The way Hanyu nailed that SP...you just know that he's going to bring that same fire and confidence to produce an awesome FS - that's youth for you. Patrick will have to be absolutely perfect (and can you imagine the unbelievable pressure he'll have skating right after Hanyu; yet another reason to root for him!) to have a chance at winning gold. Here's to hoping that he can!

vCash
    I really enjoyed his SP today! It was very beautiful and I loved how the arena was so quiet that you got transported with the music. 4 points back and he seemed very happy with his skate! Good Luck in the free tomorrow Patrick

vCash
    Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is right. Stay calm . I think I'll book a pedicure for tomorrow afternoon, then go shopping.....I'm such a chicken. It's funny though, I leave the feed for the marks going all the time I just enjoy Patrick's skating after I know what's happened.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is right. Stay calm . I think I'll book a pedicure for tomorrow afternoon, then go shopping.....I'm such a chicken. It's funny though, I leave the feed for the marks going all the time I just enjoy Patrick's skating after I know what's happened.
    Chicken, chicken, chiddy biddy chicken .. like me!

vCash
    For those who had watched the whole SP competition, what do you think about Patrick's chance?

vCash
    I think there are two competitions.
    One for gold and one for bronze.
    Unless patrick falters a lot I don't think any of the others can catch up.
    So if Hanyu is perfect and patrick is perfect it's anybody's guess. Though hanyu's tech score will bring in huge marks and his pcs will follow.
    If Hanyu leaves the door open Patty will have a chance. Patrick has to go out there guns blazing.
    The 4 marks are not insurmountable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Boozy are you into the Vodka again?

What you mean? Celebration start when Chan win gold, Hanyu sliver, Brown bronz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    For those who had watched the whole SP competition, what do you think about Patrick's chance?
    I watched the whole thing (still can't believe I did!), any my impression is that his chances are slim but not impossible. If Hanyu skates perfectly and Patrick skates perfectly, it's anybody's guess but I still think that Hanyu will nick it because of that 4-point cushion and he can outscore Patrick technically. He'll be behind in PCS (as in the SP where Hanyu was pretty much perfect), but if both skate perfectly I think the PCS gap will be negligible as far as Hanyu is concerned.

Also, Hanyu was so ON in the SP - he was just brimming with confidence and you can tell that he wants it so badly and knows exactly what he'll have to do next to win. Patrick looked more tentative (even if the final effect was just a slight step out on the 3A), and how many times has Patrick skated a perfect FS with all planned content executed? He just may have to do that in the FS if he wants to have a chance at winning.

vCash
    This is depressing.

vCash
    I just don't recall a lot of free programs that Hanyu has done totally clean. Patrick can still do it! The two short programs are so different in concept they are hard to compare. The crowd totally loves the entertaining, high energy programs (eg. Kevin Reynolds) but there is a place for these classic, beautiful programs as well. I still believe.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    CHAN CAN
    CHAN CAN
    CHAN CAN

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Ohmmmmmmmmmm
    Chan Can, Chan Can
    This Chiddy Biddy, this Chan's Fan
    Ohmmmmmm
    Can Can, Chan Chan
    Chan Want, Chiddy Biddies Want
    Chan Can, Chan Can so say all Chan's fans

Chatted to two of my colleagues who is quite knowledgeable about figure skating. One whose mother's Norwegian and got her first skates at the age of three. She told me that her mum complained about ugly lutz/flutz these days. Her mum was good at figures but bad at jumping. The other is a Canadian. Wanted to watch live telecast and lamented that Australian tv only shows Australian athletes (that's understandable). I think if there are more access to figure skating in Australia, there will be more fans following skating here.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 02-14-2014 at 04:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Nice article I found on twitter about a 7 year old Patrick (with cute picture):
    http://www.elkharttruth.com/living/T...n-Elkhart.html
    OMG... sooo cute. And Uncle Terry does look a bit like Dad Chan. How did you find this, luckiest?

A pix of 11yo Patrick with his skating friends.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 02-14-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: addition

vCash
    In my estimation Patrick's chance is slight, but he does have a chance. As pointed out, Yuzu will have to make at least one mistake and Patrick will have to skate clean. Yuzu's 4 point SP lead and 8 point base LP base mark lead mean that he is going to be really hard to catch. Patrick would have to get better quality marks as well as skate clean.

I really just want him to skate clean and free, more than I want him to get the gold. Though I do want that too, can't help it - it was to the point where I couldn't breathe and had a knot in my stomach before his SP. Now I'm just resigned to the fact that he may get silver. In truth I feared he'd take himself out of contention completely with two mistakes in the SP, so I was pleasantly surprised by his result in the SP. The seconds preceding that axel were just nerve-wracking!
    Last edited by Japanfan; 02-14-2014 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    ITA Japanfan. I still believe it can happen for him, and I am not a chicken so I'll watch live again today. I booked it as a vacation day! But I won't be alone like I was yesterday, as my mom is here now. I won't be able to scream and punch the table and other things I tend to do when no one is watching except my dogs LOL. But that is for other skaters. For Patrick I cross every available digit and hold my breath and just enjoy the beauty of the skating.

Oooooooooooooohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

spiky, I found that article by searching "pchiddy" on twitter. Also a good way to find practice reports.

vCash
    I guess this will all depend if Yuzu can handle the pressure of being in first place. He was clearly in first place yesterday, but I was not overly impressed with him when I saw him skate live at Worlds last year.
    Last edited by algonquin; 02-14-2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: changed to "was not".

vCash
    All the best to Patrick.
    May he have the skate of his life......

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast