Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Can you imagine the outcry if he'd beaten Plushy on components? The skate was a bit scary, but as you say, not disastrous. I thought he looked off when he stepped on the ice and that feeling got worse on his opening pose. My guess, like the other posters, was too little sleep, and Chiddy is not without nerves. At least he has plenty of time now to figure it all out before the next step. Happy to see him marching today.

vCash
    Can you imagine the outcry if he'd beaten Plushy on components?
    Patrick had the highest PCS of the night in the short program segment of the Team Event.

Chan - 45.68
    Hanyu - 45.43
    Plushenko - 43.21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Patrick had the highest PCS of the night in the short program segment of the Team Event.

Chan - 45.68
    Hanyu - 45.43
    Plushenko - 43.21
    That's good to hear. The last couple of competitions have certainly been a bit of a fight for him - yesterday I thought he was being too deliberate in his beginning moves. If I were with Patrick I'd be telling him that he's done the work, now's the time to stop thinking and just go out and skate his routines. And don't worry about winning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    That's good to hear. The last couple of competitions have certainly been a bit of a fight for him - yesterday I thought he was being too deliberate in his beginning moves. If I were with Patrick I'd be telling him that he's done the work, now's the time to stop thinking and just go out and skate his routines. And don't worry about winning.
    I haven't watched the vids yet. But based on what is written here and his interview talking about his entry into the jump being careful, I agree with you, blueglass. He must let go and skate with freedom and trust his training. Whatever will be will be. Isn't it Kurt who advised that if you think too much, it becomes a problem. I hope Patrick skates with freedom the way he did at TEB. (Kwan lost the gold because she skated tentatively.) He is the strongest on ice when he's on. The power he generates when he skates, can be felt even on the computer screen.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 02-08-2014 at 04:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I agree with you.

vCash
    I have now watched Patrick's skate, it's really not as bad and I agree with VarBar that he didn't look nervous. I think his tentativeness is perhaps he's saving himself from going all out in this team competition, I believe he'll be different in the individual competition. I was concerned because some people on T/S thread seemed to partially blame Patrick for his placement which has put pressure on his teammates.

Are you guys enjoying the Chan thread on GSD? This kind of threads have become such an entertainment! Poor pingu created a thread posting her interview with Patrick, but noone cares because there's nothing in it to attack Patrick, perhaps she should have used a more spicy thread title, lol.

vCash
    I was just watching the end of the Ladies SP where the overall team standings were displayed. The commentator mention MT/M was being substituted for the FP, but said nothing about the mens FP. Does that imply Patrick may skate?

ETA: Nope, now they say Kevin is "likely" to skate the FP.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-08-2014 at 08:59 PM.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure that's what some of the people around Patrick have been telling him too - whether Kurt or Kathy or Slipchuk. It would be great if he could do that next week, blueglass.

Marching with the other Canadian athletes.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/467...5uUx5TQQ%3d%3d

@TeamBradJacobs with @Pchiddy during opening ceremonies!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf5lzLfIAAEVPi3.jpg:large

Stay strong, Scott.

https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/c9f84fa...b-7d4f4a2417d3

vCash
    It was nice to see Patrick cheering Scott & Tessa on today. I hope he's finding some time to have fun!

vCash
    Thanks VarBar. Nice pix of Scott and Patrick. They both looked a bit serious and into each other's eyes. There's some kind of unspoken understanding and spport between them.

Go Patrick. Go V&M. I love Canadian Team! Gorgeous 'kids' (to this old Chiddy Biddy).

vCash
    Thanks for posting that pic VarBar of Patrick with my fav curling team. They all look so excited and happy. I love that team like I love Patrick. I hope Patrick is skating the LP as well.

I'm pretty sure that's what some of the people around Patrick have been telling him too - whether Kurt or Kathy or Slipchuk. It would be great if he could do that next week, blueglass.

Marching with the other Canadian athletes.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/467...5uUx5TQQ%3d%3d

@TeamBradJacobs with @Pchiddy during opening ceremonies!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf5lzLfIAAEVPi3.jpg:large

Stay strong, Scott.

https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/c9f84fa...b-7d4f4a2417d3
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Those are wonderful pictures. I'm sure Scott, Patrick and Tessa all have a special bond that only comes from their shared experience of being world champions.

By the way, did anyone read the story about the Canadian athletes being targeted for drug tests before their competition? Kaetlyn was called a few hours before her event and several were woken up at midnight. I wonder if Patrick was one of them. Dirty pool.

vCash
    Those are wonderful pictures. I'm sure Scott, Patrick and Tessa all have a special bond that only comes from their shared experience of being world champions.

By the way, did anyone read the story about the Canadian athletes being targeted for drug tests before their competition? Kaetlyn was called a few hours before her event and several were woken up at midnight. I wonder if Patrick was one of them. Dirty pool.
    They have been skating together at competitions since they were kids so I am not surprised they shared a special bond.

Gee, did they wake the skaters are midnight? If it's true, it's really unprofessional especially if they were scheduled to compete the following day. And calling athletes up just before the competition is trying to unsettle their mind frame. It would be better to do it immediately after the competition. It is common to ask athletes for drug test just before competitions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    It is common to ask athletes for drug test just before competitions?
    No, it's pretty unheard of

vCash
    Congratulations to the Canadian fans on the silver medal in the Team Event. Kevin did a really great job in Men's Free finishing second of the five skaters, kudos to him.

"I felt bad almost, handing off the gauntlet to Kevin after the short program and kind of giving him that huge of a responsibility," Chan said. "But I was confident he could handle it and he absolutely nailed it today. Every jump he completed, I was in the box and jumping up to my feet every single jump.

"I was so involved in his program and I've never had that experience before ... This was a great chance to bring the team spirit and really support my teammates."
    More thoughts from Patrick here:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...244634811.html

https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/351ba68...7-c615b44dadab

Patrick congratulates Detroit Club skater Valentina Marchei on a very good performance in Women's Free.

https://s.yimg.com/sr/img/1/1c38d2e8...d-aa4208221236

https://s3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/22f91ac...8-70e67de964e4

https://s2.yimg.com/sr/img/1/4bc8074...9-db37e785bd18

vCash
    Scott and Patrick in that picture...too cute!

vCash
    [url]
    Patrick congratulates Detroit Club skater Valentina Marchei on a very good performance in Women's Free.

https://s.yimg.com/sr/img/1/1c38d2e8...d-aa4208221236
    Patrick looks deliriously happy for Valentina. Looks like he has just been given a 10 year supply of lollies.

OMG... Patrick and Scott. It's like:

Patrick: I am soo happy
    Scott: Me too.
    Tessa: Here they go again.

Not to be outdone by Emdee, I have printed this pix and it is up right in front of me desk with heading "Spiky's favourite Canadian figure skaters"!
    Last edited by spikydurian; 02-10-2014 at 03:38 AM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    So you like my decorated office, Spiky!
    I have the Patrick door and my VM credenza.

vCash
    I have new desktop wallpaper.

vCash
    This and that is why my heart melts, besides his powerful and elegant skating. Wish I am a few decades younger .....

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast