• Baiul vs Kerrrigan vs Harding

1 0.89%
  • Yagudin vs Plushenko

6 5.36%
  • other

5 4.46%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which two skaters fan base have the most heated rivalry?

Seeing all the sparring wars between the various fan bases makes me wonder which two fan bases have the most intense rivalry. Certainly there are many candidates for that, and more than I could ever fit onto a poll. My vote would probably go to Virtue & Moir and Davis & White fans though. Wow these last couple years have brought the claws out in both.

Slutskaya vs Kwan, Lipinski vs Kwan, Plushenko vs Yagudin, and Kim vs Asada, are some other standouts for me. Kim vs Asada would probably be my second choice. There are many fans of those two who downright hate the other skater, and many of their fans. Kim vs Sotnikova is one building in momentum, but Sotnikova doesn't even have enough fans right now to make that one a fair fight.

vCash
    I voted other because I remember the fights between Evan fans and Johnny fans, especially in 2007
    and 2008.

vCash
    Chan scores supportervs vs Chan held up

!

vCash
    I went with Kim/Asada, mostly because the most uber Kim fans see her as no less than perfection on ice and no-one can possibly hold a candle to her. Second place would go to the V/M and D/W fans, but that is predominately on the part of the V/M fans, not those of D/W. Like the Kim fans, it seems any suggestion that Tessa and Scott are less than the penultimate dance team bring plagues upon the critic.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Asada fans are even worse than Kim fans. They claim all Kim's titles were due to favoritism, despite that the only questionable decision between both ever (2008 worlds) went to Asada, and that Kim has never won an event over Asada which Mao has skated really well at. They claim her jump technique is perfect when she flutzes, is prone to <, and had to even rework all her jumps in the middle of her career. There are also many who constantly go around attacking Kim and her fans, and ridiculing her and her skating.

Kim fans might have some bad apples, but Asada fans as a whole take them easily in nastiness and extreme bias when it comes to the Kim vs Asada wars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by annabrown View Post
    Asada fans are even worse than Kim fans. They claim all Kim's titles were due to favoritism, despite that the only questionable decision between both ever (2008 worlds) went to Asada, and that Kim has never won an event over Asada which Mao has skated really well at. They claim her jump technique is perfect when she flutzes, is prone to <, and had to even rework all her jumps in the middle of her career. There are also many who constantly go around attacking Kim and her fans, and ridiculing her and her skating.

Kim fans might have some bad apples, but Asada fans as a whole take them easily in nastiness and extreme bias when it comes to the Kim vs Asada wars.
    Yes, I don't know why people think Yuna's fans are all delusional but just easily let out Mao's fanbase????? Well I won't say they are worse, but definitely not any better than Yuna's The reason they seem a bit more quiet just because Mao's result were totally up and down, if she won everything out there the same way as Yuna, I bet all of my money that they will think her as the untouchable goddess, pretty much like Yuna's fans now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I went with Kim/Asada, mostly because the most uber Kim fans see her as no less than perfection on ice and no-one can possibly hold a candle to her. Second place would go to the V/M and D/W fans, but that is predominately on the part of the V/M fans, not those of D/W. Like the Kim fans, it seems any suggestion that Tessa and Scott are less than the penultimate dance team bring plagues upon the critic.
    and here we have a dw uber in its natural habitat: acting all high and mighty while calling the kettle black in an inflammatory thread. amazing innit?
    Last edited by tortellini; 07-23-2014 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tortellini View Post
    and here we have a dw uber in its natural habitat: acting all high and mighty while calling the kettle black on an inflammatory thread. amazing innit?
    Um, if you would pay attention before making accusations, I am not an uber of either team (for ice dance, it's Torvill and Dean for me, hands down) and in the thread on D/W vs V/M 2010 vs 2014 only went with D/W as I said, by a hair as I prefer their style a bit more than V/M. I happen to think V/M are a wonderful team and I enjoy watching their skating. However, their fan base as evidenced in threads on this board can really go overboard.

As you have just ably demonstrated...pot...kettle...black.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Um, if you would pay attention before making accusations, I am not an uber of either team (for ice dance, it's Torvill and Dean for me, hands down) and in the thread on D/W vs V/M 2010 vs 2014 only went with D/W as I said, by a hair as I prefer their style a bit more than V/M. I happen to think V/M are a wonderful team and I enjoy watching their skating. However, their fan base as evidenced in threads on this board can really go overboard.

As you have just ably demonstrated...pot...kettle...black.
    CRIKEY! this one bites when called out on their bullshit!

vCash
    I went with Plushenko & Yagudin, but since I just started posting here, I'm just going by the visceral antagonism that went on when both were competing! I place more blame on Alexei since he wanted Mishin to himself which wasn't practical! He had tons of other students; he just wanted Evgeny gone more than anything! His animus hurt his career along with the pressure Plushenko put on him physically and mentally due to his quad being superior; doing 2 in each program! Alexei could beat everyone else without even one, but with Evgeny around, he couldn't win the major events! It took its toll which is why he had to retire from the amateur ranks after the 2001-02 season! To this day, he probably can't stand Plushenko!
    Last edited by Fiero425; 07-23-2014 at 08:54 PM.

vCash
    I think that it's gotta be D/W vs. V/M fans, or at least lately it is. There's also a lot of Kwan fans vs. Kim fans when the topic of best ever ladies skater comes up.

vCash
    Kim vs Asada since it goes beyond just skating. I won't forget sitting around a few Japanese fans who looked downright angry that Yuna was getting a standing ovation at the Staples Center in 2009.

vCash
    Suguri!!

Suguri is the new purple.

vCash
    Take a look at the "Mao is Evil" videos created by Yuna fans on YouTube. Take a look at the "Yuna is Evil" videos created by Mao fans on YouTube. They win most heated rivalry hands down.

Although we should count our blessings that YouTube wasn't in existence back in the Tara/Michelle days. I still have fond memories of the Tara/Michelle Fight Board.

"Michelle has butt ugly feet!"
    "No way! Tara has hideous troll feet."

vCash
    Either Mao vs Yu Na due to the crazy Mao Asada fan base or Slutskaya vs Kwan due to the crazy Kwan fan base. Even the humble and wonderful fan bases of Kim and Slutskaya are not enough to overcome the crazy and awful fans of Mao and Michelle.

vCash
    When did Kim get a nice fan base and Mao have an awful one? Both fan bases suck, just like all the skaters with an uber fan base. For years when looking up skating videos I found hundreds of them about either Mao or Yuna having an awful ugly face and being related to the devil or something crazy. I was thinking about this board when I voted, but I should have thought of the rest of the internet and voted Mao/Yuna

You must be a Kim fan...

vCash
    I find some of the posts here commentating on fan bases as if they are outsiders to such ferocious fan wars to be pretty ironic.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    When did Kim get a nice fan base and Mao have an awful one? Both fan bases suck, just like all the skaters with an uber fan base. For years when looking up skating videos I found hundreds of them about either Mao or Yuna having an awful ugly face and being related to the devil or something crazy. I was thinking about this board when I voted, but I should have thought of the rest of the internet and voted Mao/Yuna

You must be a Kim fan...
    Yeah, the comments on some of their youtube videos are just like and .

vCash
    Any rival between two Asian skaters is bound to be a bad one, atleast amongst fans. I think if Chen and Sato were ever more serious rivals (as in fighting for gold at major events, rather than just two skater who had a chance at bronze) and there was internet then, they would have been just as bad. Not those two lovely and classy women/skaters themselves, but their supporters and countrymen. And if Park and Li ever develop enough to be serious rivals for gold medals (unlikely probably), I am sure theirs will be a doozy as well.

I love to watch short track which is pretty much dominated by Asia, apart from Canada, for awhile. The especialy aggressive yanking, cross tracking, shoving between the Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese is noticeable to have a lot more venom than with any other country.

vCash
    This Poll...
    Is it me, or does the off season just seem to get worse each year?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast