Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    R.I.P. Praying for Brian.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    What a difficult year for him, losing BOTH parents. . . hugs to him and his loved ones (does he have any sisters or brothers?).
    The obituary linked above mentions one brother and two sisters.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Sad for Brian. wishing the Boitano family strength and peace...

Losing both parents in the space of a year must be very hard. But, given that she had Alzheimer's, there may also be small comfort knowing that her suffering is over. Working in long term care, I see daily how hard it is on everyone involved and many times families do see the end as a blessing.

vCash
    So, so sad for Brian. Brian and I are just a few months apart in age, and his parents were also born about the same time mine were. My parents died almost exactly a year apart (Dad in 2012, Mom in 2013, with her funeral on the first anniversary of his death), and yes, it is very tough to lose both parents in a short time like that. My heart goes out to Brian and his family.

vCash
    I found out the sad news of Mrs. Boitano's passing on GF. My heart goes out to Brian and his loved ones in this difficult time.

vCash
    My condolences to Brian.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Brian, the Boitano Family and Friends. It was so obvious on the Oprah Where Are They Now piece just how much his Parents meant to him. So sorry to hear this news.

vCash
    My sincere condolences go to Brian and his family.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash

vCash
    I'm so very sorry for Brian's loss. My deepest condolences to Brian Boitano and his family.

It's such a difficult thing for all of us who reach a certain age and go through the experience of caring for our parents who suffer from physical illnesses related to aging, and/ or dementia (of which Alzheimer's disease is one variety). I recently saw on public television a beautiful documentary by Stone Phillips in tribute to his parents. His father is 92 and a WW II veteran who still has a sharp memory and is still fairly physically active. Stone's mother (88) has such a delightful personality and her ongoing love affair with her husband, and her love of life is so wonderful to see. However, over the course of the documentary we also witness Stone's mother experiencing late-onset dementia (Alzheimer's). Nonetheless, it is an uplifting, joyful, courageous, and poignant passage (albeit heartbreaking as well).

My mother suffers from vascular dementia (mostly at this point characterized by short-term memory loss). And, unfortunately my mother's well-being has been complicated by hip surgeries and by arthritis in her back, knees and shoulder. Fortunately, my mother still knows who we are and she communicates well with us. But her memory deficits cause her to mainly remember earlier times in her life, and she can barely believe how old her children are! We are lucky to still have her with us, and we cherish every moment.

I just saw on the Internet that Billie Jean King's mother is very ill, and thus Billie is not going to be present in Sochi for the opening ceremonies. My heart goes out to Billie, her mother and her famiy at this difficult time.

And, again to Brian and his family, my sympathies. I hope that Brian is comforted by the wonderful memories of both his parents' love and the many good times they shared with him, and by the knowledge that they are at peace.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 02-06-2014 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Praying for Billie Jean too.

vCash
    Twitter:

AP Sports ‏@AP_Sports 23m
    Billie Jean King's mother, Betty Moffitt, dies at 91 http://apne.ws/1gUdV5P

vCash
    Belated condolences on the passing of Brian Boitano's mother (I was wondering why we didn't see him in Sochi, now I know). Also, the same goes for Billie Jean King.

You raised one very remarkable classy outgoing nice kind man, Mrs. Boitano, all kudos to you and your late husband. Wonderful legacy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12