vCash

Four continents NBC 4:30 2/1

Showing four continents!

vCash
    Love the concept for Mura's FS.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I HATE NBC. The US won 4 medals at 4CC and do we get to see those performances? Of course not because the only thing that matters is Ladies and Men.

vCash
    Andrew Joyce is Doing commentary.

Clips of all dance and pairs medalists too. Han is barely taller Han Sui on the podium.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    I HATE NBC. The US won 4 medals at 4CC and do we get to see those performances? Of course not because the only thing that matters is Ladies and Men.
    It's so disrespectful to the pairs and dance teams who actually won medals at 4CC that they don't even get their programs shown on NBC because they just have to show the men and ladies (none of whom won medals of any color). So disappointed and yet not surprised with NBC's decisions for this broadcast.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Well, from NBC I've learned that Sam Cesario has "nice, big jumps."

She has many fine qualities, but the size of her jumps is. not. one. of them!

It's like whoever makes programming decisions for skating on NBC is trying to create a time machine to 1988 through sheer willpower.

vCash
    Yeah it was funny to hear hicks and cesario have big jumps. Just say she has smaller jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Well, from NBC I've learned that Sam Cesario has "nice, big jumps."

She has many fine qualities, but the size of her jumps is. not. one. of them!

It's like whoever makes programming decisions for skating on NBC is trying to create a time machine to 1988 through sheer willpower.
    It is even worse, because the "talking no heads" are doing voice over and should have done enough research to know how to describe a program element. China National Champion steps on the Ice"What a cute costumn"
    Morry Stillwell

having a nice day
    vCash
    Cesario had the perfect ladies costume-how come Johnny didn't point that out? The skirt concept was *stellar* and very whee! Someone understands material!! Whee!!

But all in all I have to admit I switched over to "ice age" dubbed in spanish cause it was lots more fun. (Si! Whee!:-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Did they chack Mirai? I thought that she was the featured US lady at 4Cs.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I haven't watched my recording of this yet, but I did watch the recording of the special on before that with all of the U.S Olympic medalists. I forget what it was called and I don't see a thread for it. Does anyone know why Gold medalists Dorothy and Peggy were not there? Many of the older skaters did not skate, at least for the show. They just announced the other skaters. And where was Michelle Kwan? Has she distanced herself from skating since she couldn't bring home the expected gold twice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Did they chack Mirai? I thought that she was the featured US lady at 4Cs.
    Finished 10th?
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    It is even worse, because the "talking no heads" are doing voice over and should have done enough research to know how to describe a program element. China National Champion steps on the Ice"What a cute costumn"
    I was surprised by their criticisms of Nan Sang's artistry. He seemed to be the most artistic in the 6.0 sense of the word. And really, I love COP, but I can't really think of artistry in a COP sense of the word.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for the Mission, but I loved his costume's homage to Matt Savoie and loved the spread eagles at the end. I was disappointed they didn't mention the real possibility that China might earn more spots to 2018.

But I think the lack of detail can be attributed to NBC's skating producers. They insist on keeping the broadcasts geared towards simple minds.

vCash
    They showed snippets of Mirai's program, and mentioned a lot of her jumps got downgraded to doubles at 4cc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Finished 10th?
    I realize this. I was thinking more about the 'Fan Factor' here. Mirai and Ricky Dornbusch were the two US skaters mentioned in the COMCAST on-screen write-up on the event, i.e., Comcast publicized the event with Mirai's name.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"