Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    vCash
    Thanks to everyone. Hanging in. Still dealing with the OCD germ stuff, though not quite as obsessively. Stomach feels much better. It took a while this time for the Prilosec to start working. It's crazy because sometimes the pain from reflux feels like a heart attack. I know I have reflux, so I wait it out. Then I worry that one of these days I will wait it out and be wrong. Of corse that is complicated because I am phobic about germs and hospitals. It really sucks to live inside a head that does this when you know it makes no sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Thanks to everyone. Hanging in. Still dealing with the OCD germ stuff, though not quite as obsessively. Stomach feels much better. It took a while this time for the Prilosec to start working. It's crazy because sometimes the pain from reflux feels like a heart attack. I know I have reflux, so I wait it out. Then I worry that one of these days I will wait it out and be wrong. Of corse that is complicated because I am phobic about germs and hospitals. It really sucks to live inside a head that does this when you know it makes no sense.
    I understand what you mean. Hospitals can be so scary even if you don't have mental health issues.

Have you had an endoscopy to investigate your reflux? Sometimes reflux is caused by other conditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    I understand what you mean. Hospitals can be so scary even if you don't have mental health issues.

Have you had an endoscopy to investigate your reflux? Sometimes reflux is caused by other conditions.
    Mine was probably caused by my eating disorder. My stomach gets enflamed too. I've had 3 endoscopies. The last one was a few months ago.

Glad you posted, miss you when you don't . Hope you are feeling well.

vCash
    After an okay to good two weeks, I'm crashing and having a paralyzing meltdown. It's as if the longer I hold it together, the worst the "recovery" is. I have a lot of things, including a long car trip, that I need to do tomorrow. The long term consequences and monetary costs of not doing them are bad. But I can't do anything except shaking and sobbing.

vCash
    How awful .... still praying for you.

vCash
    Good luck Gaz!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    After an okay to good two weeks, I'm crashing and having a paralyzing meltdown. It's as if the longer I hold it together, the worst the "recovery" is. I have a lot of things, including a long car trip, that I need to do tomorrow. The long term consequences and monetary costs of not doing them are bad. But I can't do anything except shaking and sobbing.
    ((HUGS))

vCash
    (((((HUGS)))) and prayers that all will go well in spite of things seeming bleak.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I'm sorry you are feeling so bad, again. Try to push yourself to do what you have to do. Sometimes it is the thinking about it, the preparing for it, that overwhelms us. Once the anticipation is over, and we take that first step, we feel a little better. Sending you hugs and strength. XOXO

vCash
    ((hugs)) Sending good vibes your way for today and hoping that it is manageable for you.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    ((((((Gazpacho))))))
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    {{{Gazpacho}}}

vCash
    ((((Gazpacho))))

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233