Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 641 to 653 of 653
  1. #641
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks to everyone. Hanging in. Still dealing with the OCD germ stuff, though not quite as obsessively. Stomach feels much better. It took a while this time for the Prilosec to start working. It's crazy because sometimes the pain from reflux feels like a heart attack. I know I have reflux, so I wait it out. Then I worry that one of these days I will wait it out and be wrong. Of corse that is complicated because I am phobic about germs and hospitals. It really sucks to live inside a head that does this when you know it makes no sense.

  2. #642

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Thanks to everyone. Hanging in. Still dealing with the OCD germ stuff, though not quite as obsessively. Stomach feels much better. It took a while this time for the Prilosec to start working. It's crazy because sometimes the pain from reflux feels like a heart attack. I know I have reflux, so I wait it out. Then I worry that one of these days I will wait it out and be wrong. Of corse that is complicated because I am phobic about germs and hospitals. It really sucks to live inside a head that does this when you know it makes no sense.
    I understand what you mean. Hospitals can be so scary even if you don't have mental health issues.

    Have you had an endoscopy to investigate your reflux? Sometimes reflux is caused by other conditions.

  3. #643
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    I understand what you mean. Hospitals can be so scary even if you don't have mental health issues.

    Have you had an endoscopy to investigate your reflux? Sometimes reflux is caused by other conditions.
    Mine was probably caused by my eating disorder. My stomach gets enflamed too. I've had 3 endoscopies. The last one was a few months ago.

    Glad you posted, miss you when you don't . Hope you are feeling well.

  4. #644

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    After an okay to good two weeks, I'm crashing and having a paralyzing meltdown. It's as if the longer I hold it together, the worst the "recovery" is. I have a lot of things, including a long car trip, that I need to do tomorrow. The long term consequences and monetary costs of not doing them are bad. But I can't do anything except shaking and sobbing.

  5. #645

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4361
    How awful .... still praying for you.

  6. #646

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11163
    Good luck Gaz!

  7. #647
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    After an okay to good two weeks, I'm crashing and having a paralyzing meltdown. It's as if the longer I hold it together, the worst the "recovery" is. I have a lot of things, including a long car trip, that I need to do tomorrow. The long term consequences and monetary costs of not doing them are bad. But I can't do anything except shaking and sobbing.
    ((HUGS))

  8. #648

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Driving the Han Yan Fan Van
    Posts
    9,169
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33791
    (((((HUGS)))) and prayers that all will go well in spite of things seeming bleak.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

  9. #649
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,206
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm sorry you are feeling so bad, again. Try to push yourself to do what you have to do. Sometimes it is the thinking about it, the preparing for it, that overwhelms us. Once the anticipation is over, and we take that first step, we feel a little better. Sending you hugs and strength. XOXO

  10. #650

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,265
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    29999
    ((hugs)) Sending good vibes your way for today and hoping that it is manageable for you.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  11. #651

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ((((((Gazpacho))))))
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  12. #652

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,390
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21102
    {{{Gazpacho}}}

  13. #653
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    swimming across the Atlantic
    Posts
    1,215
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ((((Gazpacho))))

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •