Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    having a nice day
    vCash
    Hey! You started another thread in Olympics forum ! Whee! :-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Just catching up with things here. Sending you more hugs, Gazpacho, and glad that you are communicating and sharing.
    I hope you were able to enjoy the Olympics, even though things may not have turned out they way you hoped, which I think may have been the case for many of us!
    Please continue to let us know how you are doing.
    (((((More hugs)))))
    Judi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Have you seen your doctor yet? I think it is really important to have a serious discussion with him/her re your med concerns. Does he understand that weight gain causes you anxiety? Is he willing to take another look at all of the meds you're on and consider another mix? Are you taking any meds for other reasons - such as high blood pressure, cholesterol? Could your psych meds be interacting with something else you are taking? You need someone to really look at the entire picture. I think a visit to your primary care doctor might be a good idea too.

I want, so bad, for you to feel better. XOXO
    These are my thoughts and wishes for you, as well.

vCash
    Thanks again everyone. Why has it been so damn hard to get myself out of bed? The medications are exhausting me physically, so I have to sleep about 16 hours a day. But when I don't feel sleepy, shouldn't I be cherishing the feeling and doing something other than staying in bed?

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Thanks again everyone. Why has it been so damn hard to get myself out of bed? The medications are exhausting me physically, so I have to sleep about 16 hours a day. But when I don't feel sleepy, shouldn't I be cherishing the feeling and doing something other than staying in bed?
    Don't blame yourself for not being able to do things or feel things you want to. That's the depression talking - it doesn't mean anything about your inner character.

Eat well and healthy if you can. Give yourself the best opportunity to get better when the depression finally lifts.

vCash
    You will, eventually. You are going through a very stressful period. That, alone, is exhausting. Add the meds to it, and your body needs that sleep. It also probably needs to rest, even when you are not sleepy. If you don't start feeling like you have more energy soon, please go to the doctor. You could be having a reaction that is not normal for one or more of your meds, or the combination of your meds. I really wish that you would go and see your Primary Care Doc. That is your gatekeeper. Evaluate everything you are taking: all meds, supplements, diet, caffein, etc.

Example: My Father's psychiatrist put him on Abilify. I found out and called his PC immediately. My Father was a brittle diabetic. His blood sugar, on his diabetes meds, was going up, and I didn't understand why. When my Father told me he was on Abilfy, I knew. It can raise blood sugar levels. I went crazy on his PC doctor, that he didn't monitor ALL of his meds and made him take him off of it and find something else.

So glad that you posted, when it goes days, we really worry about you. I check the thread several times a day, just hoping for a word or two from you. Praying that you are getting some relief. Remember, we all care about you and want the best for you. XOXOXOXO!
    Last edited by cruisin; 02-26-2014 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    What cruisin said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Don't blame yourself for not being able to do things or feel things you want to. That's the depression talking - it doesn't mean anything about your inner character.

Eat well and healthy if you can. Give yourself the best opportunity to get better when the depression finally lifts.
    Anita is absolutely right. All the guilty thoughts you're having about "doing nothing" are the depression lying to you. Never forget, depression lies to you.
    Last edited by LilJen; 02-27-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    After some progress today (got out of the house and made a short trip to the grocery store), it's been a bad night. I haven't been able to sleep despite taking an anti-anxiety pill that normally helps me sleep. I feel agitated and restless. I still don't have the motivation to get everything in order before taking my life, but I also want this to be over with as soon as possible.

vCash
    After some progress today (got out of the house and made a short trip to the grocery store), it's been a bad night. I haven't been able to sleep despite taking an anti-anxiety pill that normally helps me sleep. I feel agitated and restless. I still don't have the motivation to get everything in order before taking my life, but I also want this to be over with as soon as possible.
    Gazpacho, please, please, please call your doctor. If not your psychiatrist, your primary doctor. Some meds can cause suicidal thoughts, in some people. It may be the meds doing this to you. and LilJen is right depression lies to you, it stops you from seeing hope! What can we do for you?

vCash
    This is not what I wanted to read. If you have not yet called your doctor or a help line, please do so immediately.
    Sending a huge hug out to you right now!
    Please keep posting so we can give you support and encouragement.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    We are here for you and we care...please call someone. I hate to see you in such misery.

Please...you are special!!!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Seconding what everyone has said. Please call someone for help, Gazpacho. Please keep holding on and fighting your way back. We're with you, rooting for you and praying for you and wanting things to get better for you.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

having a nice day
    vCash
    Um. It's rather distressing post but thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you have a gd night's sleep tonight and a better tomorrow.
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    {{{Gazpacho}}} Thank you for posting about your distress. I can only echo what others have said, that you should call someone, it might be your meds. And know that we are here for you.

vCash
    I'm sorry this has been a wretched day, Gazpacho. hopefully by now you have gotten to talk with someone. Praying all will be well.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Gazpacho, I know that you feel that you want to be alone. I understand that you don't want to bring others into your nightmare. But, I want to reiterate, that is the depression talking. However you feel that others might be overwhelmed, they won't. People love you and care about you being around for a long time. You are important! Let someone in. Let someone help you. Believe me they want to. We, here on FSU, are very worried about you. We only know you through posts, and we have come to care for you, a great deal. I imagine that anyone who is lucky enough to know you, in person, adores you. If they don't know you are suffering, they can't help you. I suspect there would be many people who would feel that they let you down if something happened to you. Please, please, please, let someone help you. Fight the voice that is telling you that you should be isolated. You need someone. And we need you.

vCash
    Well said cruisin. Please let your doctor know what's happening, Gazpacho. They're there to help and they will find a way to get you feeling better.

vCash
    I called the doctor's office for the second time in two days, and still no response.

vCash
    I'm sorry to hear it. But please, keep at it. Sometimes you have to persist with these things, but it's worth it.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast