Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    having a nice day
    vCash
    Sometimes you don't. Is that a concept you can be comfortable with?

It's gd you're letting us know what's going on. Keep posting. :-)
    Have a nice day!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I've spent the last five hours in bed crying. It's come on kind of suddenly. I don't know what's going on.
    I hope it's the change w/the drugs and only that. I'm on Predinsone to keep my Kidney Transplant happy and when there's a change made w/it, I am not the easiest person to be around for about two weeks. It very well could be your system reacting to the changes. I really hope so.

Don't feel bad about not wanting to be around anyone right now, as has been said already, it's normal and it's also okay. I hope you can figure out Home Delivery, as that would be fantastic IMO for you. Especially right now when tapering off one drug and starting another will have you feeling off right now. The less stress to deal w/right now is what you need and this would really help out on that score IMO.

Please keep checking in and I think you being so open and honest w/us about your battle, is one of the bravest things I've seen around this place during my time as a Member. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

vCash
    Hi Gazpacho--

I hope you're getting some sleep, but if not, I'm around & thinking about you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

And withdrawing socially is totally, totally normal when you're depressed. I think that's how it works for a great majority of people. Is there anyone you could ask? I'm sure a good friend or close relative would be happy to be there for you, but if they don't know you need help, they can't help.

I thought of you yesterday, since a new project I'm working on has to do with a social media platform for people with anxiety and depression at a local university. It's meant to be a safe space for people to talk about what they're going through, with clinical facilitators, and patients would be assigned to a facilitator, who would go out of their way to check up on them if they hadn't been on it for a while. I wish there was something like that for everyone out there, but we're just starting. I'm really glad you're making the effort to reach out to us here. I imagine it must be so hard for you, and I hope it helps.
    Yes, it is totally normal to withdraw and want to be alone. It is exhausting just trying to deal with your own thoughts and feelings. Adding another person's is insurmountable. But, as others have said, someone close should know the situation, in case of an emergency.

The social media program you are starting sounds fantastic. the first time I dealt with real depression, was post partum. Back then, you didn't talk about it. If there had been a place to discuss it anonymously, with no judgement, I might have found out I was not alone and not have suffered as much. Since then, the OCD and panic attacks started. It was like the post partum depression kick started some of it. Though the eating disorders began long before, so clearly I was ripe for depression. Thankfully, over the years, I have learned to recognize when I am going to the "dark side" and can manage it better. I know that writing in threads like this is cathartic for me. Being able to express dealing with my illness, and being able to understand and try to support others (here) helps. I wonder, will the social media platform, you are developing, require some way of locating persons who are in serious trouble?

Thanks, everyone. I've spent the last five hours in bed crying. It's come on kind of suddenly. I don't know what's going on.
    It may be the meds. How did you feel after you stopped crying? I sometimes think that crying is the bodies way of releasing tension. I always feel better after I cry. It releases endorphins which can elevate our mood.
    WE are here for you. Please, please keep us updated. We worry .

vCash
    ((Gazpacho)) Adding my thoughts and prayers. Glad you are getting treatment and hope you feel better soon!

vCash
    We're here for you, Gazpacho. *hugs* Lots of prayers going up.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Praying that you will feel better soon, Gazpacho. Antidepressant meds are frustrating--sometimes they can take a couple of weeks to really start to take effect, and I remember feeling like I couldn't wait that long to start feeling better Many hugs to you.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    You are not alone,
    We care about what you are going through and are here to support you.

having a nice day
    vCash
    How are you today? Let us know!:-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Thanks again for all your support. The Latuda is making me gain weight. It's well-documented that drugs in this category screw up your metabolism. It sucks, and it's making me depressed.

Last night I had a nightmare so that I woke up feeling exhausted from the sleep. Does anyone else experience that?

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I hope it's the change w/the drugs and only that. I'm on Predinsone to keep my Kidney Transplant happy and when there's a change made w/it, I am not the easiest person to be around for about two weeks.
    OMG Prednisone is awful! I was prescribed it for an allergic reaction, and it turned me into an irritable monster! Gave me acne too.

vCash
    Thanks again for all your support. The Latuda is making me gain weight. It's well-documented that drugs in this category screw up your metabolism. It sucks, and it's making me depressed.

Last night I had a nightmare so that I woke up feeling exhausted from the sleep. Does anyone else experience that?

OMG Prednisone is awful! I was prescribed it for an allergic reaction, and it turned me into an irritable monster! Gave me acne too.
    I have never taken Latuda, or any drugs in that class. I did have trouble with missing a dose with Imipramine. And I had trouble with Prozac and Zoloft, I would be exhausted around 9:00PM, fall asleep, and wake up at 2:00AM and not be able to get back to sleep. They really screwed up my sleep patterns. They also gave me jittery legs. I do better on other types of meds.

Have you seen your doctor yet? I think it is really important to have a serious discussion with him/her re your med concerns. Does he understand that weight gain causes you anxiety? Is he willing to take another look at all of the meds you're on and consider another mix? Are you taking any meds for other reasons - such as high blood pressure, cholesterol? Could your psych meds be interacting with something else you are taking? You need someone to really look at the entire picture. I think a visit to your primary care doctor might be a good idea too.

I want, so bad, for you to feel better. XOXO
    Last edited by cruisin; 02-21-2014 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    (((Gazpacho)) You are in my thoughts. Wishing you peace and happiness.

vCash
    I'm praying for you. (((Gaspacho)))
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Title-less
    vCash
    Let us know how you are doing. (hugs)

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Hugs, prayers and good thougths for you. Remember we are all here for you!!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    HI Gapacho, hope you are feeling better. Please check in with us. We worry .

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Wishing you the best; I hope you can find some peace and comfort.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash

Not necessarily nightmares, but I do have nights when I have lots of dreams so vivid and busy that I wake up feeling like I haven't slept.

Hope you're doing well today.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Hope things settled down a bit and you are sleeping soundly again. I wish there was more I could do to help. Have you identified anything that seems to help your situation?

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Relieved to see you've checked in. I was worried, as I'm sure others around here were too. I am sorry to hear the weight gain is causing more anxity for you. ITA that you need to have a chat w/your primary doctor about a possible interaction w/other drugs or if the mix you're on needs tweaking or a total overhaul.

Remember we're here.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast