Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Seriously fun read. Thanks for posting it!

vCash
    Fabulous article. As others said, if he doesn't already belong to FSU, he really should. He'd fit right in.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Fun article! As a black (gay) male, I can certainly relate. Growing up, my family always laughed at my love of watching figure skating and beauty pageants, yet they were always willing to watch with me!

vCash
    My background is Pakistani. My parents and brothers and Uncles laughed at my fascination for figure skating. Always. Add to that that in the Netherlands the sport isn't that popular either, unfortunately, it's all about speed skating. And some Dutch have made fun of me when they found out I love watching figure skating. So I can relate to this article too.

vCash
    I love that he mentioned how in his conversations with Kwan, she emphasized that she enjoyed the moments in her competitive days more so than the actual medals. People always think skaters are fake when they make comments like that, but I think it's a very healthy and true comment.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Should have known this would be posted here first thing. Just read it in my morning paper and immediately thought, what's his FSU name?

But it reminds me that it's time for me to write my quadrennial Guide To Figure Skating for casual Oly fans and distribute it to all my colleagues.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Great start to my day! He has a really nice, conversational tone to his writing.

He must post here on FSU!

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    That was a good read. For what it's worth, i'm a black male who is married to a woman and I love figure skating.
    Last edited by Excidra; 02-02-2014 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    Thoroughly enjoyed this. Kind of reminded me of my own family. Thanks to my figure skating fandom all my kids are familiar enough with skaters' names so that they know there is no skater by the name of Nancy Kwan. (only one of the kids inherited my fandom gene, unfortunately) My husband even had a few faves of his own especially during the heyday of pro skating during the '90s.

vCash
    Lucky you, spinelli. None of my children inherited my fandom gene, they both dislike it although sometimes they will sit through part of a competition.

vCash
    Love this and can't wait to read more! Thanks for posting! My version of his Nancy Kerrigan type experience was when Brian Orser didn't win in 1988. I suffered in my dorm room for a week. It was made even worse by how some of the press were so unbelievably negative. Anyhow - this was a really fun read.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123