Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

vCash
    Choreographer Francesca Cotogni is now based in Mannheim (since September 2013). I guess she is payed for by the MERC (skating club). I think Nathalie is quite happy working with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Choreographer Francesca Cotogni is now based in Mannheim (since September 2013). I guess she is payed for by the MERC (skating club). I think Nathalie is quite happy working with her.
    thanks for the info.
    if cotogni is based in mannheim, i 'fear' weinzierl will get her new programs again from her. but maybe they got some feedback or someone of the team read fsu und she'll get two decent programs. we have to admit the shirt programs of otogni were quite good; and maybe weinzierl didn't want to show two similar styles in the programs. she has great musicality and hope she will go up the rankings now with getting 2 grand prixs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina View Post
    I'm envious of your getting Hendryk Schamberger's commentary. He is one of my all-time favorite FS commentators, knowledgeable and fair. I was never quite as enamored of Daniel Weiss. Who are the usual German commentators in this day and age? Is Marina Kielmann still announcing? Does Kati Witt get wrangled to do it much?

ETA: And I totally agree with both of you about Natalie's free skates. She is energetic and spirited in the short. Then it all unravels in these terrible long programs she is getting saddled with. It's nice to see a German lady break the top 10 again, and I think she could rise even higher with some more support.

Rudi Cerne is usually commentating for ZDF during the olympics. He became a successful TV-host after his skating career.
    Daniel Weiss is doing the commentary for ARD. Hendryk Schamberger/Siggi Heinrich work for Eurosport. Since Eurosport
    is the only TV-station that shows Euros/Worlds in Germany you don´t hear Cerne and Weiss very often. Kati Witt did a little bit of commentary with Daniel Weiss in Sochi for the first time. Marina Kielmann works as a coach in Berlin as far as I know.

vCash
    Jeschke as sad as it may seem, i see her nowhere close to that now, until she gets up her technical content quite fast. her 2lutzes and flip plus 2a3t last year in the free were quite a mark, but this year, she has seemed to stagnated in terms of that. i know she has 3t3t now in the short, but doesn't seem quite ensured. the level in ladies skating has increased that much; all the top ladies have 3-3 and 2a3t at least, you really have one of those combos to get into top 10.

as far as i know she had an (for me) unknown italian choreographer; but maybe the german fed is willing to invest in her the same es in liebers. though i do not know, who pays for the choreographing? the fed? the skater? maybe tatjana can help with that question.
    as i heard, prolls/blommaert got their new programms from lori nichols so maybe we get some decent and suitable choreo from whomever for weinzierl.[/
    Isn´t it Lori Nichol who did the programs for Peter Liebers (Sherlock Holmes and Clocks) as well? So Germany seems to have a connection to her, and she did a great job for Peter. I haven´t seen Prölss/ Blomaerts programs so far, but I´m looking forward to it.

vCash
    It is more a "geographical" connection as Lori Nichol regularly comes to Oberstdorf to work with Carolina Kostner, so other skaters like Peter Liebers and now Annabelle and Ruben use that opportunity to work with Lori as well. Usually the skaters pay themselves, promising ones sometimes get help from the DEU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina View Post
    I'm envious of your getting Hendryk Schamberger's commentary. He is one of my all-time favorite FS commentators, knowledgeable and fair. I was never quite as enamored of Daniel Weiss. Who are the usual German commentators in this day and age? Is Marina Kielmann still announcing? Does Kati Witt get wrangled to do it much?

ETA: And I totally agree with both of you about Natalie's free skates. She is energetic and spirited in the short. Then it all unravels in these terrible long programs she is getting saddled with. It's nice to see a German lady break the top 10 again, and I think she could rise even higher with some more support.
    Hey, it´s good to know, that there is not only me who enjoys Hendryk Schambergers (and Siggis of course) comments . I´m really glad we have Hendryk Schamberger. Though I think that Daniel Weiss and Kathi Witt did a very good job in Sochi, I missed Hendryks comments pretty badly there. I agree, both Hendryk and Siggi are very fair, and what I like about Hendryk the most, is that he always shares the scores with the audience, and always tells how many points for which element, instead of getting all emotional after a program, which seems to be over scored or under scored. He is both, entertaining and knowledgeable, and that´s a good combination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    It is more a "geographical" connection as Lori Nichol regularly comes to Oberstdorf to work with Carolina Kostner, so other skaters like Peter Liebers and now Annabelle and Ruben use that opportunity to work with Lori as well. Usually the skaters pay themselves, promising ones sometimes get help from the DEU.
    Thank you for the info!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    Isn´t it Lori Nichol who did the programs for Peter Liebers (Sherlock Holmes and Clocks) as well?
    It wasn't Lori who choreographed "Sherlock Holmes" (she indeed did "Clocks" and not only). We talked with Peter about this program and about how and when he started working with Canadian choreographers at Europeans:

The very first program of yours I noticed and liked was your "Sherlock Holmes" long program from season 2010/11. Even if it's an old program, can you tell me more about it?
    (smiles) It was a really nice program; it was great for that moment of my career, a huge difference from what I had before. It was the first program I did in Toronto; the short of that season was choreographed by Lori and that program we created with Shin Amano. It was a big improvement on everything I did before.
    It was so fun to work on it, because I love the movie, and I tried to show the story of the movie on the ice, to portray the character. We even thought about keeping that program for another season but in the end we didn't. I loved that program but I wanted to improve even more and to move forward. But this is a really, really nice memory.

How did your collaboration with Lori and Shin start? Why did you decide to go to them in 2010?
    The Olympic season 2009/10 was not good; I missed the Olympics though I was really close. And the World championship was not good, I was 25th. We decided we had to make some serious changes, in the training process and in everything I do, to try new choreography and a new way of skating. I had known Shin Amano for a long time, so I asked him and he agreed. People who knew Lori Nichol helped me to meet her and she also agreed.
    Usually I go to Toronto three or four times a year, for two-three weeks. My main training base is still Berlin, but every time I go to Toronto I love the atmosphere there. It's a lot of fun, not only to work with Lori and Shin, but also to see other skaters. At the Cricket Club where I work with Shin there are Yuzuru (Hanyu), Javier (Fernandez). It's great to see them and how they work, to skate on the same ice with them, to learn from them.
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...erliebers.html

So, no, in his case it's not exactly "geographical".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    Rudi Cerne is usually commentating for ZDF during the olympics. He became a successful TV-host after his skating career.
    Daniel Weiss is doing the commentary for ARD. Hendryk Schamberger/Siggi Heinrich work for Eurosport. Since Eurosport
    is the only TV-station that shows Euros/Worlds in Germany you don´t hear Cerne and Weiss very often. Kati Witt did a little bit of commentary with Daniel Weiss in Sochi for the first time. Marina Kielmann works as a coach in Berlin as far as I know.
    I missed Siggi and Hendryk dearly in Sochi. ZDF and ARD turned it into a disaster.
    Rudi Cerne just talked way too much during most programs. And it wasn't even useful because he mostly just kept repeating himself. At the beginning of the program he would say what the skater has planned, then he pointed out which elements are coming 20 seconds beforehand, then hementioned said element again once it actually happened. That sometimes wasted more than half of the program. I understand they feel the need to explain skating to the audience but I hardly doubt that this is a way to excite new fans. For me it completely ruined the experience because I couldn't concentrate on the programs. I nearly yelled at my television for him to shut up already several times

Daniel Weiss didn't talk as much but I didn't find him very helpful or pleasant to listen to either.

Kati Witt was eye candy and only talked about choreography and emotions. And she outright mocked ice dancing and made it sound as if it was only about pretty dresses and emotional music. I found that very insulting.

Not to mention that they hardly broadcast any skating and preferred to show minor qualification rounds of other sports or football ...

You can't imagine how happy I was to listen to Eurosport again

vCash
    I must say I was very pleased with Mr. Weiss and Mr. Cerne on ARD and ZDF and I did not really like comments of German Eurosport, so I prefer to watch British ES (player).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by care bear View Post
    I must say I was very pleased with Mr. Weiss and Mr. Cerne on ARD and ZDF and I did not really like comments of German Eurosport, so I prefer to watch British ES (player).
    Really? I must say I´m with Dolore here. As for listening to Rudi Cerne I was pretty much drawn inbetween " Thanks for stating the obvious" , and just "Shut up, you are talking way too much during the programs. I can´t focus!" (Sorry to be blunt here). I could live with Daniel Weiss and Kathi (don´t call her Kathi ) Witt, but I still prefer Siggi and Hendryk.

vCash
    Vanessa Bauer (will turn 18 in May) is listed on IPS and wants to switch from pairs to ice dance - her ISU bio (Jr. Pairs) with Nolan Seegert: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054221.htm
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    http://rtl-now.rtl.de/yolo/junge-tal...yer=1&season=0

short documentary on prölls(and blommaert) on german tv; it's a a youth tv show;

ruben picks her from school, then 4-6hrs practice a day.
    fajfr likes that anabelle isn't afraid of the big arenas and audiences (which was funny to hear as she sheemd very shy in front of the camera).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    http://rtl-now.rtl.de/yolo/junge-tal...yer=1&season=0

short documentary on prölls(and blommaert) on german tv; it's a a youth tv show;

ruben picks her from school, then 4-6hrs practice a day.
    fajfr likes that anabelle isn't afraid of the big arenas and audiences (which was funny to hear as she sheemd very shy in front of the camera).
    Thanks so much for that, Jeschke!
    Can´t wait to see this pair in international comps! You can still see that P/B have a lot to work on, but what they already have is a lot of grace and presence on ice.

vCash
    Ingo and Aliona were at MDR talk show "Riverboat" on Friday night. Robin was not there, he was ill with stomach flu. It starts around 8 minutes into the video, first with Aliona alone.
    She said there is no conflict. But then they go on about how Robin's girlfriend leaked the info about a new partner. Aliona said there were a few possible new partners she wanted tro try out with not only one. The interviewer said that she does not understand what the problem is with leaking the info. Aliona said what annoyed her was that there were 5 partners she tried out with and it was not really certain for which one she would go (at the moment the news broke)
    Then she said about Robin that she was amazed how he managed to put up with her temper and ambition all the time and that she admires his calmness and quietness.
    Ingo than joined them and described the relationship of the team as Robin being the quiet one and Aliona being the vulcano and he being inbetween.
    Then Ingo and Aliona were asked about being an off-ice couple, which they did not really want to confirm but also did not really deny. She said she does not want to talk about her private life, but they were repeatedly asked. They have separate apartments, Ingo said. Then there were jokes about them getting married too (like Robin), Ingo said they have other things to do now.
    After that Aliona was asked about Bruno and how the training goes. She says it is looking good but they will still have to see how it goes.
    Finally their Ice Show on April 26 was mentioned which apparently is sold out (some restricted view seats may be available, said Ingo, which caused laughs as someone said, of course, figure Skating is a sport where hearing the music is enough)
    http://www.mdr.de/mediathek/fernsehe...-dea15b49.html
    Last edited by sus2850; 04-13-2014 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    so this means that they were forced to take bruno massot cause the info was leaked out
    poor bruno

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Plus they keep qualifying Massot as an extended tryout, not a done deal. While this is true for most couples that team up, even when they have every intention of being together for the long-term, it's like he has to wear an "On Probation" t-shirt in public.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    It might also be that everything is actually going great with Bruno. Aliona and Ingo sometimes just do not like to be very clear and definite in their statements, they like to sound very open and vague as they are cautious perfectionists. And they are not very talented in PR.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Szolkowy told his fiance that Savchenko was planning to continue with Massot, and she told Popova. From this new interview, it sounded like the decision wasn't final, and the girlfriend's reveal was premature beyond not telling Popova on their own schedule or at all. If the girlfriend had kept the news in confidence, Savchenko might have ended up choosing someone else or continued to audition potential partners is an implication. It might not have meant that Popova/Massot wouldn't split, but it might not have happened in such a public and strained way.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I agree with sus2850 here. Aliona has improved a lot in German language, but sometimes is still struggling for words. I´m absolutely sure that she sometimes just uses words for the lack of better ones. As for Ingo, Ingo is indeed very careful with PR in general.
    By the time is was still a tryout stage with Bruno, and going well or not, I´m not blaming Aliona for her wish, that this doesn´t come out too soon. Even if it is all great, I think they (Aliona and Bruno) both would have chosen other ways to tell Popova.

I loved the part of the interview when Ingo (asked about his relationship with Aliona) said something like nobody would like to have such a "love"- relationship like they have. Then he went on, like they have different appartments, and their relationship happens a 90 percent on ice, and a lot of it is actually work.
    And the reporter was like: "And Robin in the middle....."
    Ingo: "Robin was never in the middle...."
    Ingo: "Robin was always with us....."
    Aliona: "I had two men."
    Last edited by Irish-Angel; 04-13-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast