Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Savchenko has enough experience to handle it. She and Szolkowy can skate together in their sleep. Maybe it will be like DWTS, where her new partner goes on tour with them to get some practice in. They could even add a trio number to the show
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Savchenko has enough experience to handle it. She and Szolkowy can skate together in their sleep. Maybe it will be like DWTS, where her new partner goes on tour with them to get some practice in. They could even add a trio number to the show
    Hahaha! I don't doubt Aliona's ability to do much. I just wonder if the new guy can handle it/ her! (Off to watch all of massot's performances in case that rumor is true.)

vCash
    Bruno Massot....... hmm I have to admit, I wouldn´t even have considered him. So that´s why P/M split? Ingo Steuer seems to form a "French connection" lately I don´t know what to think of it at the moment...... if this is going to happen I would have thought about Tran too... I still wonder if this is true, because it is said that S/S have signed up a 3 years contract.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I saw a short rehearsal/warm-up of CSOI in Vancouver once. Sale literally yawned as Pelletier lifted her on auto-pilot. I'm sure Savchenko can manage anything.

ETA: A German connection hasn't helped Steuer, because of his Stasi past and the government embargo on paying him or letting their army athletes pay him. I wonder if the French Fed will pay, and if they'll switch to France? It wouldn't be the first time France granted a passport to a Pairs woman with at least two already.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 03-28-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I saw a short rehearsal/warm-up of CSOI in Vancouver once. Sale literally yawned as Pelletier lifted her on auto-pilot. I'm sure Savchenko can manage anything.
    Yes of course...but don´t underestimate her .....I wonder if he can manage her on a personal level

vCash

ETA: A German connection hasn't helped Steuer, because of his Stasi past and the government embargo on paying him or letting their army athletes pay him. I wonder if the French Fed will pay, and if they'll switch to France? It wouldn't be the first time France granted a passport to a Pairs woman with at least two already.
    Ingo hasn´t ruled anything out, for which country "his" pairs are going to skate....it has been discussed in that thread before, the "new guy" from the DOSB (German Olympic Fed) sounds like he wants to put the issue "Steuers past" up on the agenda once more. The DEU and a lot of officials in german figure skating don´t want to let him go.

vCash
    If Aliona is the one who would change the country and get French citizenship, does it mean that she will have triple citizenship? Ukrainian, German and French? That's some collection!

vCash
    We've all been wondering about Aliona's possible success with Massot, but what will Robin do now? It seemed like they had planned to do shows to support themselves and now she's kinda dumping him to keep going. Does he have another means of support I don't know about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    We've all been wondering about Aliona's possible success with Massot, but what will Robin do now? It seemed like they had planned to do shows to support themselves and now she's kinda dumping him to keep going. Does he have another means of support I don't know about?
    He could study, he can find a job...he can do anything he wants to. I am sure he will be able to find something. He could for example do some coaching. Or help Aliona with her new partnership the same way Stanislav Morozov did for Voloszhar.

vCash
    Now with all this guessing about Aljona and a new partner. Wouldn't she have to sit out a season and get released by the German Fed before she could skate for France?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Now with all this guessing about Aljona and a new partner. Wouldn't she have to sit out a season and get released by the German Fed before she could skate for France?
    Just one season. But as it takes some time for a pair to gel and I am sure they wouldn't want to compete if they are not quite ready yet, it may be a good thing not being able to compete for a year.

vCash
    The big question is: can they (S/S - S/M) do both? Aliona has never strike me as someone who isn´t loyal. Same goes for Ingo. I wonder if that arrangement (show with Robin, compete with Bruno Massot) has been made because of Robin

vCash

I wonder if Ingo will use himself and Aliona as some kind of bait ahead of the german ministry of internal affairs (which still refuses to pay him) now. He has made himself quite elusive over the last years, but now is the time, that Germany might really loose both. That sounds to be a good reason to discuss that "Steuer case" again....

vCash
    so, as the season is over, what's up with our skaters?

will wende/wende continue?
    they seem to be there for quite a while but have never been that good, and that's even with that hard previous season. and there is still room for improvement. any news about them?

zhiganshina/gaszi?
    still shame about the silly mistake in the free dance, which costs germany the 2nd spot (if we don't count the fact that kolbe/caruso lost their spot with their suboptimal short dance itself). will they move on?
    they really need a change of programs, i like the voidy programs once in 4 years, but they need to find something other for them. romeo&juliet didn't work out quite well, but there should be some other possibilities.

kolbe/caruso:
    promising start, great last season and this year they seem to have stagnated. the short dance didn't get very high marks anywhere. they really need to develop, potential is obviously there.

koch/nüchtern:
    lots of work to be done; very promising in juniors, but these programs this season really weren't any good vehicle imo.

lorenz/miart:
    does this pair really exist? which country will they represent?
    maybe the question seems silly itself, as miarts name is mentioned in it

savchenko/massot:
    will the german fed be able to put enough pressure on the politicians finally to pay for ingo and aliona?

prölss/blommaert:
    as aliona is staying i cannot see them switching to steuer any soon; hope they can improve and develop towards the next olympics.
    she really needs to work on ehr single jumps, regarding that 2 seasons ago, she did 3flip quite well and now stumbles with the toe. puberty monster.

vartmann/van cleave: hope they get a mental coach for aaron and hang along. they made such a great progress towards this season and it's more than a shame, this didn't work out better. mari even jumped clean 3s at the beginning of the season; main problem seems to be aarons mental fitness. i absolutely love this pair.

weinzierl: really should look on her programs; 2 seasons in a row she had quite fitting shorts, but her free (especially this years) were nowhere close and didn't fit her style at all. really needs to work on more difficult free skate layout. hope she will learn and profit of ehr 2 grand prixs next season.

hecken: will she ever bounce back? have many doubts with promising herceg (hopefully injury free) and bock moving up. they could be great,e specially herceg.

men: well, it's all about liebers, that's a shame; streubel had a nice outing at europeans, but a lot of work to be done in his overall skating; martin rappe seems like the best overall 2nfd skater, but he didn't have the big jumps. let's see what will happen.

although some ups and downs, i think we had some quite nice results.
    go on german skaters!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    so, as the season is over, what's up with our skaters?
    zhiganshina/gaszi?
    still shame about the silly mistake in the free dance, which costs germany the 2nd spot (if we don't count the fact that kolbe/caruso lost their spot with their suboptimal short dance itself). will they move on?
    they really need a change of programs, i like the voidy programs once in 4 years, but they need to find something other for them. romeo&juliet didn't work out quite well, but there should be some other possibilities.
    That was sad, especially after such a promising start with a 7th place after the SD. I thought the discussions from the Eurosport commentators were interesting here. As I like their programs so far (and they are really good in telling a story) I´m with Hendryk Schamberger here, who claimed that there is quite a risk now, to dump these kind of programs and sink into that big meaningless middle with no recognition value at all.

prölss/blommaert:
    as aliona is staying i cannot see them switching to steuer any soon; hope they can improve and develop towards the next olympics.
    she really needs to work on ehr single jumps, regarding that 2 seasons ago, she did 3flip quite well and now stumbles with the toe. puberty monster.
    Why is that? Wouldn´t it be great for such a pair to learn from someone like Aliona? If they would be an already established pair with real medal chances, I would agree with you..

weinzierl: really should look on her programs; 2 seasons in a row she had quite fitting shorts, but her free (especially this years) were nowhere close and didn't fit her style at all. really needs to work on more difficult free skate layout. hope she will learn and profit of ehr 2 grand prixs next season.
    Absolutely agree with you here. Do you know who is choreographing her programs? I would go to a good and experienced choreographer. Has helped Peter Liebers as well...

vCash
    Junior ice dancer Tim Dieck, who turns 18 this month, is listed on icepartnersearch.com - he placed 27th at 2014 Junior Worlds with Florence Clarke (GBR) - their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034268.htm
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    He should get a coaching license. In Germany he would be a made man in short amount of time, I´m sure

vCash
    I´m almost () sorry to bring this up again... I´ve done some "homework" about the time where the Stasi accusations against Steuer came up...and it seemed that he wasn´t the only coach in Germany who was affected. Can someone tell me, how can it be that the one coach is still allowed to work in ski jumping, and the other one was allowed to travel to Turin (Olympics) unbothered because of the DSV wanted him to be there?

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    That was sad, especially after such a promising start with a 7th place after the SD. I thought the discussions from the Eurosport commentators were interesting here. As I like their programs so far (and they are really good in telling a story) I´m with Hendryk Schamberger here, who claimed that there is quite a risk now, to dump these kind of programs and sink into that big meaningless middle with no recognition value at all.
    I'm envious of your getting Hendryk Schamberger's commentary. He is one of my all-time favorite FS commentators, knowledgeable and fair. I was never quite as enamored of Daniel Weiss. Who are the usual German commentators in this day and age? Is Marina Kielmann still announcing? Does Kati Witt get wrangled to do it much?

ETA: And I totally agree with both of you about Natalie's free skates. She is energetic and spirited in the short. Then it all unravels in these terrible long programs she is getting saddled with. It's nice to see a German lady break the top 10 again, and I think she could rise even higher with some more support.
    Like a leaf on the wind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina View Post
    ETA: And I totally agree with both of you about Natalie's free skates. She is energetic and spirited in the short. Then it all unravels in these terrible long programs she is getting saddled with. It's nice to see a German lady break the top 10 again, and I think she could rise even higher with some more support.
    as sad as it may seem, i see her nowhere close to that now, until she gets up her technical content quite fast. her 2lutzes and flip plus 2a3t last year in the free were quite a mark, but this year, she has seemed to stagnated in terms of that. i know she has 3t3t now in the short, but doesn't seem quite ensured. the level in ladies skating has increased that much; all the top ladies have 3-3 and 2a3t at least, you really have one of those combos to get into top 10.

as far as i know she had an (for me) unknown italian choreographer; but maybe the german fed is willing to invest in her the same es in liebers. though i do not know, who pays for the choreographing? the fed? the skater? maybe tatjana can help with that question.
    as i heard, prolls/blommaert got their new programms from lori nichols so maybe we get some decent and suitable choreo from whomever for weinzierl.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast