Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm not OK with it. Both from the perspective she's a young girl and from the fact she/they could be so much more with Ingo as her coach. It grieves me to think of what could be and likely won't.
    Me neither.... but that's what seems to be the major reactions, or there are no reactions at all. Fajfr seems to be able to go on with his life as a coach (fine: with limitations), but Ingo Steuer seems to be practically "banned for life", and the unfairest thing about it is, that his skaters are as well. I think its the pairs skaters decisions to choose a coach, so from that standpoint I accept P/Bs choice, but still (in the back of my head) Im asking myself, if this is a real choice or made by them because of a lack of alternatives..... Pairs coaches are rare....in my own personal very selfish opinion, I would vote for P/B with Ingo Steuer

vCash
    -
    Last edited by sus2850; 03-03-2014 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    Fajfr seems to be able to go on with his life as a coach (fine: with limitations), but Ingo Steuer seems to be practically "banned for life", and the unfairest thing about it is, that his skaters are as well. I think its the pairs skaters decisions to choose a coach, so from that standpoint I accept P/Bs choice, but still (in the back of my head) Im asking myself, if this is a real choice or made by them because of a lack of alternatives..... Pairs coaches are rare....in my own personal very selfish opinion, I would vote for P/B with Ingo Steuer
    I also would love to see Annabelle Prl/Ruben Blommaert with Ingo Steuer. But it is a problem financially, of course. They cannot afford to pay their coach completely themselves. Also, they would need a place to stay, and Annabelle is too young to live alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I also would love to see Annabelle Prl/Ruben Blommaert with Ingo Steuer. But it is a problem financially, of course. They cannot afford to pay their coach completely themselves. Also, they would need a place to stay, and Annabelle is too young to live alone.
    To be honest, right now I think they are both too young and inexperienced to work with Steuer. In one or two years (given Annabelles age in three or four), that would be great though.....I think they are really talented, and have a good perspective to achieve something, and therefore Ingo could be the right coach....As for the "Steuer Problems", my hopes are on Alfons Hrmann now. I really hope that he didnt just talk but do something, even if its too late for S/S now.

vCash
    speaking about coaches: does anyone know, what's next for Michael Huth? With Carolina and Thomasz retiring from their active career, what's next for him?

vCash
    speaking about coaches: does anyone know, what's next for Michael Huth? With Carolina and Thomasz retiring from their active career, what's next for him?
    First of all Carolina said that she might not retire if she still enjoys training and competing. We'll see what happens.
    Michael Huth coaches a couple of other skaters including Joti Poliziakis (GER). National bronze medalist Nicole Schott (GER) wants to switch coaches and move to Oberstdorf to train with him as well.

You found an interesting spelling mix for Tomas (looks like a kind of German-Polish spelling) ;-)

vCash
    First of all Carolina said that she might not retire if she still enjoys training and competing. We'll see what happens.
    Michael Huth coaches a couple of other skaters including Joti Poliziakis (GER). National bronze medalist Nicole Schott (GER) wants to switch coaches and move to Oberstdorf to train with him as well.

You found an interesting spelling mix for Tomas (looks like a kind of German-Polish spelling) ;-)
    Thanks for your answer! Oh my hopes getting up again for Carolina might not retire I just thought, because it was mentioned before in several places, that this is a definite decision.
    About the spelling for Tomas: yep it kind of is. I knew before that the "s" has that hook above. I didnt find it, so I went for the only orthography which made sense out of the spelling of his name. As for the "h": typical german typo
    Im happy for Nicole, I hope this step will work out for her

vCash
    About the spelling for Tomas: yep it kind of is. I knew before that the "s" has that hook above. I didnt find it, so I went for the only orthography which made sense out of the spelling of his name. As for the "h": typical german typo
    What about Tomash? that would also made sense...

Tom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

Tom
    When we don't have the hacek on top of the s, we just use the s, for example in the German magazine, although that does not reflect the correct prononciation of the letter.

vCash
    When we don't have the hacek on top of the s, we just use the s, for example in the German magazine, although that does not reflect the correct prononciation of the letter.
    Ive heard that people in Oberstdorf are calling him "Tommy", makes sense for me: its easier to write

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post

Tomš
    Youre right of course, but the "sh" looks so weird behind his name that I decided that must be wrong It was more just gut feeling
    Last edited by Irish-Angel; 03-09-2014 at 09:24 PM.

vCash
    nothing really surprising, but szolkowy confirmed his retirement after this season

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/wintersp...-a-958823.html

he and his body is tired, the jumps didn't go as easy as in earlier times. he addedthat the first nights after the sochi free skate were horrible. but he wanted to skate worlds and show that he can do better.

vCash
    As for Carolina, she told a lot of times she will still skate and would like to stay in shape as Lambiel and Arakawa. But she will definitely train less and would like to concentrate on artistry. She would like to have programs where she don't need to count and have the limits of roles. What I read is she will skate in shows and not in competition any more. So worlds will almost certain be her last competition (maybe Japan Open or something like it).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    nothing really surprising, but szolkowy confirmed his retirement after this season

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/wintersp...-a-958823.html

he and his body is tired, the jumps didn't go as easy as in earlier times. he addedthat the first nights after the sochi free skate were horrible. but he wanted to skate worlds and show that he can do better.
    Thank you Jeschke, I really hope it works for them at worlds, so that Robin can retire in peace

vCash
    Thank you, Robin and Aliona ! You will be badly missed.....

It looked like Ingo in the kiss and cry corner couldn't decide whether he should cry or put on a happy face .....

vCash
    Thank you, Robin and Aliona ! You will be badly missed.....

It looked like Ingo in the kiss and cry corner couldn't decide whether he should cry or put on a happy face .....
    I'm just going to freeload off of this post and agree with everything therein

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorlight View Post
    I'm just going to freeload off of this post and agree with everything therein
    Youre welcome So happy, that they got their deserved ending

vCash
    Lynn Rutherford just tweeted:
    "KKany reports Aliona Savchenko said she & coach Steuer might announce her new partner at an exhibition in Chemnitz in 4 wks"

ETA link to a new thread started in GSD: Hearsay: Aliona Savchenko may continue competing with a new partner...
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-28-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnt every four years, its every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Lynn Rutherford just tweeted:
    "KKany reports Aliona Savchenko said she & coach Steuer might announce her new partner at an exhibition in Chemnitz in 4 wks"
    Is it..... really
    Last thing Ive heard from them is S/S having signed a preliminary contract with Art in Ice Sounded like a plan B for Aliona, but still.....
    Well Ill be at "Imagine on Ice", so I keep you updated ....

vCash
    Please, please, please let it be Mervin Tran.

vCash
    Congrats to Aliona and Robin on world title #5! I can't believe that was their last comp : I'm a little torn now about her going on without Robin...

So is she going to skate with Robin in their shows while also training the new guy?! That seems weird, just trading out partners between practice sessions.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast