Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    holy shit, aliona is determined
    i doubt there is anyone of robins league available in germany, but who knows what will happen or if her words are just the first reaction after a frustrated night.

vCash

wow...Aljona without Robin is hard to imagine for me.

Another article
    http://www.fr-online.de/deutsches-te...,26180326.html
    (at the end it says that Robin's getting married in summer )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    They are sticking around for Worlds and Savchenko is looking for a new partner after, so she can carry on until 2018. Blimey!

http://www.t-online.de/sport/olympia...-tokio-wm.html
    I'm speechless, I so didn't expect it!
    But who could she skate with?

Btw, I'm curious whether V/T plan to appear at Worlds or take a break immediately...

vCash
    interview with s/s in german tv:
    brief summary

robin is still very sad. aliona has no words about what happened last night.
    aliona didn't watch v/t performance, robin did. but he thought, this motivated him to see the rivals.

they felt secure, felt that they hav had a chance for gold, but it was hard to skate in russia but it shouldn't be that golden moment.

robin has no words what happend on the toe; he wasn't that nervous, felt good, but the fall happened.
    aliona wanted to show everything, knew that gold was gone after the 3toe, but wantd to show everything she can do, that's why they went for the throw axel; the last time she jumped it before was in moscow at the grand prix. they didn't do it in practice, because the risk of any injury was too high.

(clip of v/t: trankov mentioned how hard the pressure is for the last one to skate and thought s/s were not prepared for the pressure with this starting order)

aliona said, at first she was a happy for the starting order, but maybe the pressure was to high, now regarding it afetrwards.

aliona looked shocked to the question whether she starts with a new partner, didn't know where the information came from; she said, no one talked about that.
    question about going to worlds? no decision is made here either.

so maybe it was all gossip, she really looked that shocked.

vCash
    Thanks for the summary!

Hm, at the end of this video (around 5min), they're saying that Aljona made the statement, concerning a new partner, at a press conference
    http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek#/beit...pelte-Kofsache

vCash
    Í don´t know, but I wouldn´t read too much into these news right now. It still could be an act of defiance from Aljona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    They are sticking around for Worlds and Savchenko is looking for a new partner after, so she can carry on until 2018. Blimey!

http://www.t-online.de/sport/olympia...-tokio-wm.html
    Wow. I'm kinda speechless. (Not for Worlds, for that!) But I thought they were going to have their own shows and such? It seemed from the article like they're going to go their separate ways right after worlds? Hmmm. Anyway, as for Aliona continuing, I have no doubt she could do it. But finding a new partner on her level will be basically impossible. I think she's one of the best female pairs skaters EVER, and having some new man to keep up with that is crazy! Especially since Szolkowy matched her so perfectly. They should go to worlds, win, and then she should just bow out gracefully... (But if she doesn't, I would cheer for her even if her partner is the abominable snowman!)

vCash
    I'm afraid Aliona won't find a partner her level in Germany, she would have to switch nationalities again - I don't want to let her go anymore !
    But seriously, which male pair skater in the world can reach her level and can keep up with her work ethic, her passion and her striving for perfection ? Maybe Trankov, but he isn't an option.

vCash
    ingo steuer suddenly appears at the german internet stream, wow

says, it was a hard night yesterday and a very tough day today. now all he and s/s are back in the arena to support peter.

it was a shock, that after the 2nd element gold was gone (witt is taking pictures of him and her).
    ingo is proud , that they fought until the end. his words: we won bronze. he is proud of winning it, because they gave everything and didn't skate cautious.
    s/s were good in form, robin was totally in shock after the toe. they have risked everything.

question of savchenko with new partner: he said, he heard of this, but they were confused; aliona is young, robin is old; but at first in our heads is worlds, we are nominated, but not decided to go until now. we need to talk about that. but it's sure we don't want to leave with such a performance.
    they want to win their 8th consecutive worlds medal, would be the 1st pair in history (that's true?), once again: aliona is young, robin still in shock and needs time.

he didn't want to talk abput the components of v/t; it was our fault, so we can't complain about the result
    ( i like his attitude compared this now to his reaction in vancouver. he has grown too)
    ingo would like to see the anonymous judges gone.

then he praises hanyu and chan.

very nice interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    ingo steuer suddenly appears at the german internet stream, wow

says, it was a hard night yesterday and a very tough day today. now all he and s/s are back in the arena to support peter.

it was a shock, that after the 2nd element gold was gone (witt is taking pictures of him and her).
    ingo is proud , that they fought until the end. his words: we won bronze. he is proud of winning it, because they gave everything and didn't skate cautious.
    s/s were good in form, robin was totally in shock after the toe. they have risked everything.

question of savchenko with new partner: he said, he heard of this, but they were confused; aliona is young, robin is old; but at first in our heads is worlds, we are nominated, but not decided to go until now. we need to talk about that. but it's sure we don't want to leave with such a performance.
    they want to win their 8th consecutive worlds medal, would be the 1st pair in history (that's true?), once again: aliona is young, robin still in shock and needs time.

he didn't want to talk abput the components of v/t; it was our fault, so we can't complain about the result
    ( i like his attitude compared this now to his reaction in vancouver. he has grown too)
    ingo would like to see the anonymous judges gone.

then he praises hanyu and chan.

very nice interview.
    Thank you so much for sharing this!

vCash
    Robin is not that old. Hongbo Zhao was 36 when he won his OGM so Robin can go a couple of more years he is far healthier than Zhao was unless he has had surgeries he didn’t tell us about. Aliona is about Trankov’s age and is healthy as well and is still one of the best pairs in the world so I don’t think it’s a stretch they continue for a while.

Teams don’t have to end their careers after the Olympics they can retire in 2016. In reality, they’ve been to 64 competitions and they've won 60 medals. I know they’re disappointed with two bronze medals at the Olympics but being two falls away from silver medals is not bad; most teams will never come close. Even some who get Olympic medals will never leave the legacy they already have left.

I hope they give it time and make the wise choice but I do hope they skate worlds and come back for at least two more years not with 2018 in mind but just with a renewed joy for skating.

vCash
    Shen and Zhao did it, they had such a similar career path too. Nobody after their 2nd Olympic bronze in 2006 would've expected them to win 4 years later. Quite honestly I think Sui/Han will be the team to beat by then, and I think if S/S gave it another go then their PCS would probably stack up really well.

It was really hard to enjoy the top 2's "moment" knowing how upset S/S were with that skate. One skate doesn't define an entire career of brilliance, they will be remembered forever no matter what in nothing but a positive way.

vCash
    Robin is probably tired with competitive skating. Even if he could add a couple of years physically, I'm not sure that is what he wants to do...additionally, he needs to be thinking about his future. Given figure skating's lack of popularity in Germany, I doubt they are making serious money. I believe he expressed an interest in coaching so he might do that.

Even if both thought they wanted to give it another go in 2018, their best strategy would probably be to keep in good shape, avoid pounding their bodies in daily trainings as well as the competitive circus where their deficiencies vis-à-vis younger couples would get too much exposure and make a comeback in 2018. This strategy has worked for S/Z & Plush after all.

vCash
    Find a Russian and skate for Ukraine again! Hello Smirnov. Are you healthy? This is Aliona.

vCash
    [/QUOTE]
    they want to win their 8th consecutive worlds medal, would be the 1st pair in history (that's true?), once again: aliona is young, robin still in shock and needs time.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jeschke!
    When and were had that happened?? The last thing I´ve heard from them was the interview taken in Sochi (today), where all three of them (and Miss Treitz) were interviewed....was this the same interview?

Maybe I have missed it, but there was not even a little clue that was mentioned about "the splitting up thing". Indeed Aljona said that she doesn´t want end up their career with such an ending and that she is ready to look Forward to the worlds, and Robin clearly said, that going to the worlds means to put the Olympics behind, and he isn´t quite ready yet (which doesn´t mean, that he isn´t in a few days or at all).They also mentioned their Show "Imagine on Ice"....which is after the Worlds. They just didn´t sound, that they were going to separate.
    I really think that the public should give them some time to think about it, instead of "forcing" answers from them (well maybe from Robin) right now.
    Last edited by Irish-Angel; 02-13-2014 at 11:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Find a Russian and skate for Ukraine again! Hello Smirnov. Are you healthy? This is Aliona.
    Did you just ask if Smirnov is healthy? Where have you been? If he were healthy he would have been Sochi probably with medals of his own.

Either way, Germany won't let her go and Russia won't let him go.

I doubt she'd leave Robin just to start over.

vCash
    Can you see Germany say no to her after everything she has done for them?
    I saw a recent video of Smirnov and he was fine. Am sure they will all line up to skate with her.

vCash
    I too like them going to Worlds and having a much better competition there.

vCash
    Oh please, if there was to be a split, forget about Smirnov. Fresh and healthy Roganov is out there without a partner

vCash
    I hate seeing when skaters don't know when to pack it in and keep chasing that elusive gold medal that will never come. Besides finding a partner as good as Robin she will be 34 in 2018 and probably not in her peaks years anymore.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast