Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I think Alessandrini is already taken, but I better let our Italian FSUers report on that.
    As she has made an official announcement on Facebook when her partnership with Simone ended, she's probably going to write on Facebook any update on her career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    ok, i am kinda satisfied now, that the split (as they speak) is not because of the problem in which city they should train.
    all the best to both of them; it will be a long way for koch/nüchtern to find their place in seniors

vCash
    Is Jennifer Urban switching to ice dance?
    Does anybody know something? There a lot of pictures with her (and whomever) of ice dome2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    Is Jennifer Urban switching to ice dance?
    Does anybody know something? There a lot of pictures with her (and whomever) of ice dome2014
    Urban is the one in red, I think: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4960246&type=3
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Anyone heard any updates about Ingo's situation? He said they had until the end of last month, and well, it's July...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    she is - but who is the guy?
    i always thought she might have had the best skating skills of all the german ladies, but her jumps just were damn weak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    she is - but who is the guy?
    i always thought she might have had the best skating skills of all the german ladies, but her jumps just were damn weak.
    who is the guy in the photos with her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    who is the guy in the photos with her?

In one of the Ice Dome pics

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

She identifies him as Sevan Lerche...if that is the same fellow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    In one of the Ice Dome pics

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

thanks, i thought lerche was skating with haeuser, but maybe that's past now.
    if you take a look at his fb page, it seemed as if he moved to oberstdorf, where urban was training until now.

let's see, how this will work out. quite a lat start for urban with dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    Hang on a sec? Did Haeuser / Lerche not split last season because he didnt want to compete anymore?
    http://tsc-eissport.jimdo.com/sportler-news/

sounds like someone may have had a change or heart

Jessica Fuessinger is looking for partner too, she is on Ice Partner Search, anyone know if she has found one?

And it looks like Katharina Mueller & Tim Dieck have teamed up. At least according to their coaches homepage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Anyone heard any updates about Ingo's situation? He said they had until the end of last month, and well, it's July...
    There is an MDR news report saying that there will be a meeting on July 18th where some officials will decide whether Ingo Steuer might get some sort of compensation for his work, apparently a compromise is possible. Ingo is quoted as saying that instead of an official salary it would be possible that he can get compensation for travel expenses and other expenses.
    It also says that Ingo wants them to compete for Germany.
    The report also quotes Aljona as saying that skating conditions in Chemnitz are way better than in Caen. But it is also mentions that France signalled to them that they probably won't release Bruno to skate for Germany.
    Ingo is then quoted as saying that this would not be too bad; they would have to sit out 2 years instead of one if he does not get released.

Then the article also quotes Ingo saying he has another offer from a different federation. It would be a four year contract "and his life insurance".

My question: Is he right with the 2 years? I mean Lubov apparently still is not released by Russia.
    And I think messing with the French federation is not a good idea. I again wonder whether the absence of German skaters at next seasons's TEB has something to do with this new pairing.

Here is the article
    http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sport...stlauf162.html
    Last edited by sus2850; 07-09-2014 at 10:16 AM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    It depends on what the policies of the French Fed are. If they are specific and he meets the criteria for a release in two years, then, presumably yes, until Gailhaguet changes them. If the criteria are vague, then if denied, after two seasons out he can apply for an exception under Rule 109, clarified in Communication 1420 (old, but still referenced) under the "hardship" track. There's no guarantee the ISU would grant one, especially if Gailhaguet is running the ISU, but he can try.

They've got to settle on a country, because they can't have competed for another country within three years of the Olympics, and the Olympics are the only reason she's doing this.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post

Jessica Fuessinger is looking for partner too, she is on Ice Partner Search, anyone know if she has found one?
    now she's doing dance? last i heard was she was trying pairs under fajfr, but that was a while ago, i thought she vanished then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    There is an MDR news report saying that there will be a meeting on July 18th where some officials will decide whether Ingo Steuer might get some sort of compensation for his work, apparently a compromise is possible. Ingo is quoted as saying that instead of an official salary it would be possible that he can get compensation for travel expenses and other expenses.
    It also says that Ingo wants them to compete for Germany.
    The report also quotes Aljona as saying that skating conditions in Chemnitz are way better than in Caen. But it is also mentions that France signalled to them that they probably won't release Bruno to skate for Germany.
    Ingo is then quoted as saying that this would not be too bad; they would have to sit out 2 years instead of one if he does not get released.

Then the article also quotes Ingo saying he has another offer from a different federation. It would be a four year contract "and his life insurance".

My question: Is he right with the 2 years? I mean Lubov apparently still is not released by Russia.
    And I think messing with the French federation is not a good idea. I again wonder whether the absence of German skaters at next seasons's TEB has something to do with this new pairing.

Here is the article
    http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sport...stlauf162.html
    Thanks so much for the info!

They talk about choosing a country as though getting citizenship for either won't be an issue. Does anyone know anything about how difficult it would be for her to get French or him to get German citizenship in time for the Olympics? Would one be easier than the other? I really want this to work for them, but I'm starting to get worried!

vCash
    something tells me it would be easier for him to get a German one coming from a French one that for her to get a french one with the history of changing from Ukraine to Germany already

vCash
    France normally requires 5 years residency for citizenship, but it can be reduced to 2 years for someone who has "rendered exceptional service to France through their talents and abilities", which perhaps could cover an elite athlete. There is also a provision for it to be waived completely, but only in truly exceptional circumstances. Germany normally requires 7 years residency, but that can be reduced if the individual can demonstrate sufficient ties to justify their claim to citizenship & there must be some provision to speed things up for athletes because Savchenko got her citizenship after only 4 years.

vCash
    Thanks for explaining, morqet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    France normally requires 5 years residency for citizenship, but it can be reduced to 2 years for someone who has "rendered exceptional service to France through their talents and abilities", which perhaps could cover an elite athlete. There is also a provision for it to be waived completely, but only in truly exceptional circumstances. Germany normally requires 7 years residency, but that can be reduced if the individual can demonstrate sufficient ties to justify their claim to citizenship & there must be some provision to speed things up for athletes because Savchenko got her citizenship after only 4 years.
    WOW they must really have fastracked Aaron van Cleave, Ruben Blommaert and Stefano Caruso then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Making Azerbeijan (or is it Kazakhstan?) clearly the way to go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    For European Union citizens, it is not too difficult to receive German citizenship. They can apply after three years of residency. Pair skater Ruben Blommaert, originally from Belgium, applied for citizenship in March as soon as he had his three yeras of residency. He became a German citizen on July 1. So it effectively took him three years and three months. Bruno Massot should register now in Germany, just in case, so he can apply in time for citizenship and he should receive it in time for February 2018. He also would have enough time to study German. :-)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast