Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

vCash
    At an interview during the show in St. Petersburg on May 22, Stéphane Lambiel mentioned that he choreographed Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi's short dance. :-) This should be very interesting! I don't think Stéphane has choreographed for ice dancers before.

vCash
    I think that Siudeks were involved with that ISU Pairs seminar again.

vCash
    So Z&G will definitely be back this coming season!! Stephane, as a skater, had a wonderful way with Spanish themed pieces (Carne Cruda ). I am so lookng forward to seeing their Paso SD!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    At an interview during the show in St. Petersburg on May 22, Stéphane Lambiel mentioned that he choreographed Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi's short dance. :-) This should be very interesting! I don't think Stéphane has choreographed for ice dancers before.
    He didn't.

"I made a new experience this weekend. Can you guess who I worked with?"
    http://instagram.com/p/oJQhFdoCQ1/

vCash
    That also sounds like Z/G are changing directions in their program style again ( I mean away from the comedy programs). I´m excited, and I think it is a good thing, that they´ll try something different next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    That also sounds like Z/G are changing directions in their program style again ( I mean away from the comedy programs). I´m excited, and I think it is a good thing, that they´ll try something different next season
    that was exactly my thought and i hope we are true with this speculation.

by the way: tanja szewczenko reached the final in the german version of 'dancing with the stars' and will compete there on friday vs. the winner of the first german idol season.

vCash
    Some news: Ingo Steuer sets an ultimatum to the german ministry of internal affairs. According to "Die Zeit" he demands a decision from the DEU and the ministry unil the end of June. Otherwise he´ll leave Germany.

http://www.zeit.de/news/2014-06/11/w...chsel-11133003

vCash
    ^^ And about time! I applaud Ingo for staying so loyal as long as he has, through thick and thin. Mostly thin, in terms of Germany's (ministry of sport/ internal affairs) attitude toward him.

"Soft you, a word or two before I go. I have done the state some service, and they know it." -- Shakespeare's Othello

vCash
    as said too many times before, this would be absolutely sad and tragic for german figure skating.
    steuer did great work (to admit, he was really lucky to have such talents on his side, with fitze/rex this didn't quite work) and his loss would be such a shame; we have such talented pairs and great single skaters coming up too, they should have the possibility to work with him here.

vCash
    People, I really hate it to be the bringer of bad news, but here they are:

The german Ice Dance pair Kolbe/ Caruso split. According to Handelsblatt and other renowned newspapers the split because they couldn´t decide where to train
    What the hell.....(???)
    http://www.handelsblatt.com/eiskunst.../10063642.html

Looks like Germany is heading for sad times in the future.

vCash
    This is sad. Especially with the effort of joining the German army. They were great together, but sadly undermarked.

A little side note though: The report is from "sid". This is Sportinformationsdienst, the German sports news agency. "Handelsblatt" just buys their service. The newspaper does not do own research here. There are only 2 German news agencies that cover figure skating extensively, sid and dpa, and a lot of papers use their texts. Not that I have anything against Handelsblatt, but if you want to give credit to who reported this first, it was apparently the agency sid.

vCash
    What a shame - this is the tweet/photo of themselves that @kolbecaruso sent out just one week ago:
    Here is what we are doing for 23 June #olympicday, what are you going to do? http://pic.twitter.com/nFmtGD9mKV
    1:37pm - 11 Jun 14
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    This is sad. Especially with the effort of joining the German army. They were great together, but sadly undermarked.

A little side note though: The report is from "sid". This is Sportinformationsdienst, the German sports news agency. "Handelsblatt" just buys their service. The newspaper does not do own research here. There are only 2 German news agencies that cover figure skating extensively, sid and dpa, and a lot of papers use their texts. Not that I have anything against Handelsblatt, but if you want to give credit to who reported this first, it was apparently the agency sid.
    Hi sus2850, yep I know but I´m still doing the same faults. Of course is shouldn´t be "according to" .....Handelsblatt was just the source where I read it. Usually I refer to dpa, as I´m german too. Old habits die hard

But it´s still sad times with Ingo very likely leaving, and now this

vCash
    i really don't know what to say to kolbe/caruso?
    kinda dramatic team; they did part ways before and get back together and now again a split? come on; he even got german citizenship just last year for the olympics, this is getting really ridicolous, sorry.
    i don't wnant to be harsh, but as a sportsmen there should be some other attitude and a will to find a way to make this work. they had great coaches by their side, in italy and in germany and there should have been a way to make this work as a former europeans number 8th.
    (i for sure just speak of the less infos we have, who knows what really is going on)
    the last season really didn't help them in any means with the bad short dance and therfore always the early starting positions in the free dance;
    it's a shame, as the team was quite nice and pleasant to watch.

once again funny, that the german fed will beg and pray zhiganshina/gaszi to stick around as long as possible, the team the fed dumped so badly few years ago, as koch/nüchtern have a long way to go.

vCash
    btw, any words they wnat to continue the sport with new partners?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    btw, any words they wnat to continue the sport with new partners?
    Stefano Caruso should be looking for a new partner, he did last time they split. But I don't know if he would skate for Germany or for Italy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Stefano Caruso should be looking for a new partner, he did last time they split. But I don't know if he would skate for Germany or for Italy.
    Maybe he should try to team with Lorenza Alessandrini, unless she has already found a new partner...

vCash
    I think Alessandrini is already taken, but I better let our Italian FSUers report on that.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    When i read it, i was shocked. I hope the will change their opinion and still skate together!

vCash
    Message from Tanja & Stefano:

It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that we are not skating together anymore. We need to clarify that the reason is not the one you read on other articles about finding a compromise training place!

This decision has not come lightly, and we know that many of you will be disappointed. The time has come to move forward on our individual career paths. Tanja wants to concentrate on her University studies and start the coaching career in Berlin and Stefano didn’t decide yet. Going forward, you can expect exciting things from each of us, and we will of course continue to support each other in all things.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast