Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Awww!! I love Aliona and Ingo!! I never wanted a non-Russian pair to win as badly as I want Aliona to win (with whoever ). I wish Ingo would pair up with Aliona and win in 2018!

vCash
    It will definitely make the Europeans more interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    It is more a "geographical" connection as Lori Nichol regularly comes to Oberstdorf to work with Carolina Kostner, so other skaters like Peter Liebers and now Annabelle and Ruben use that opportunity to work with Lori as well. Usually the skaters pay themselves, promising ones sometimes get help from the DEU.
    According to their (P/B`s) website, Lori Nichol choreographed their new FP to music from "The Artist". That sounds promising...

vCash
    Robin Szolkowy will coach at IceDome this summer: http://en2012.ice-dome.com/icedome/c...0-0-8693-0.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    Robin Szolkowy will coach at IceDome this summer: http://en2012.ice-dome.com/icedome/c...0-0-8693-0.htm
    Thank you for the news!!
    I laughed at his slogan: "In peace lies strength" How fitting!
    It´s great to hear that he will still be around in figure skating as a coach.
    Obviously he really doesn´t "fall into a hole" after his active career, just as he said.

vCash
    --

vCash
    german national team for 2014/15 has been released

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...29.04.2014.pdf

savchenko still listed
    (can't understand why the german fed does not fight for her to stay and put more pressure on the government? or wouldn't that make any sense? we can't just let her walk away, damn...)

wende/wende still listed - nice to see that they might hang on as they have been as good as never last season. (but my heart still starts to cry , that v/vcl w/w or p/b might geht no international championship next season )

hecken is reduced to c-category. ouch.i think she really has to show what she can do next season, otherwise she's done.

vCash
    What does "S" mean (in status), as which Sandy Hoffmann, Chris Berneck or Denis Wieczorek are listed?

vCash
    What does "S" mean (in status), as which Sandy Hoffmann, Chris Berneck or Denis Wieczorek are listed?
    I do not know, but I think they have not reached points for other envelopes like A or B, but should get financially support nevertheless.

vCash
    i do not no exactly for figure skating, but in other german sports, a and b status is for seniors and c for juniors.
    so they didn't have the results/gained the points for b-status, cannot be in c -status because they are too old, so they are s-status. you have to be in any status to be sent to international champioships and being in the anti doping system.

they may get some fundings but not as much as a b- or a-status, that's for sure. i think there is a great difference, as i am an athlatic coach, and any status which is not a and b has to pay many bills by themselves and get no funding.
    so would be interessting to see.

i hate so see hoffmanns up and down. she could be great, but there is asbolutely no constant in her skating

vCash
    I rather thought it meant something like they do not fully know whether they continue? And C cannot be for juniors only as Sarah is no junior. Also the results bit is not really applicable as for example Berneck did better than Rappe last reason, I believe.
    It is not terribly important though...

vCash
    S goes to skaters who couldn't get a higher envelope due to injury or partner search. Wieczorek is switching to pairs and it looks like he is skating with Katharina Gierok right now.

A - top 10 at worlds or olympics ... looks like the olympic team competition counts for A
    B - needs to reach certain scores .... Hecken only met that once
    C - under 22 years old .... again certain minimum scores had to be reach.

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download..._2013-2014.pdf

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    wende/wende still listed - nice to see that they might hang on as they have been as good as never last season. (but my heart still starts to cry , that v/vcl w/w or p/b might geht no international championship next season )
    Why would V/VC, W/W, and P/B not go to any international championships next season? Germany has two spots each for Euros and Worlds, and V/VC and W/W earned the spots at Euros without S/S. It could be a stretch for two spots for 2016 Worlds.

The Wendes move into the GP 7-12 group, taking Bazarova/Larionov's spot, and are guaranteed two GPs. V/VC will be Top 24 WS and will be guaranteed one. Same with Prolss/Blommaert, after all of the splits and retirements are removed from the Top 24 WS list. They'll get international exposure before championships.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Thank you, Sandra!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Why would V/VC, W/W, and P/B not go to any international championships next season? Germany has two spots each for Euros and Worlds, and V/VC and W/W earned the spots at Euros without S/S. It could be a stretch for two spots for 2016 Worlds.

The Wendes move into the GP 7-12 group, taking Bazarova/Larionov's spot, and are guaranteed two GPs. V/VC will be Top 24 WS and will be guaranteed one. Same with Prolss/Blommaert, after all of the splits and retirements are removed from the Top 24 WS list. They'll get international exposure before championships.
    i meant it's a shame, that one of those 3 teams has to stay at home,because we just have two spots.

i even cannot decide for whom my heart goes

i have a soft spot for the young charm of p/b, i really really like v/vc and admire the development of the wendes.

i really hope they can hang on to those 2 spots at worlds, though it will be really hard

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If S/S were competing next, one of them would stay home, too. I'm hoping that at least one of V/VC and P/B get two spots. Germany can send as many skaters as they want to 2014 Nebelhorn, now that it's not the Olympic qualifier, and hopefully they'll all get chances to gain experience and shine in the fall.

It's not impossible for any two of the three to hold onto two spots, but it might be close.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    If S/S were competing next, one of them would stay home, too. I'm hoping that at least one of V/VC and P/B get two spots. Germany can send as many skaters as they want to 2014 Nebelhorn, now that it's not the Olympic qualifier, and hopefully they'll all get chances to gain experience and shine in the fall.
    It's not impossible for any two of the three to hold onto two spots, but it might be close.
    Amen to that, I think this sounds like an interesting comp to visit this year........and it is way closer than Chemnitz for me

@Jeschke: I don´t know what it is but the DEU´s attitude to Savchenko and especially Steuer simply makes me sad right now. I´m still waiting for a constructive way to fix things between Steuer and the interior ministry....but nothing happened so far.....if this continues like this I can absolutely understand Ingo and Aliona to change Nations again.

vCash
    There's an online petition for Ingo Steuer. My German isn't that good but if I understood correctly it's so that Ingo is allowed to be paid again. Aliona wrote on facebook that she is German and wants to skate for Germany; urging her fans to sign it.

http://www.change.org/de/Petitionen/...91600927#share

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by annie_mg View Post
    There's an online petition for Ingo Steuer. My German isn't that good but if I understood correctly it's so that Ingo is allowed to be paid again. Aliona wrote on facebook that she is German and wants to skate for Germany; urging her fans to sign it.

http://www.change.org/de/Petitionen/...91600927#share
    Thank you very much annie_mg!! I was waiting for something like that would finally happen, it was about time.
    Yes you are right, that´s the reason for the petition. People were listing reasons why he should be paid again, really no one can understand why isn´t already. So please sign the petition!
    Last edited by Irish-Angel; 05-04-2014 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    Report in German about the annual ISU Pairs seminar in Berlin in April: http://www.figureskating-online.com/...-lehrgang.html ( link to Google translation into English )
    25 couples from all over the world have come together for international ISU pair of running seminar in Berlin to learn together, to train and to form a community of sport. The couple came from Spain, Italy, Great Britain, Austria, the Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, but also from Australia and South Africa.

Among these, 25 were also four German duo represented Minerva F. Hase / Nolan Seegert, Greta S. Lean / Dave L. Koetting, Talisa Thomalla / Robert Kunkel and Minori Yuge / Jannis Bronisefski.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast