View Poll Results: Which team are you rooting for in the Superbowl on Feb. 2nd?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Broncos

23 33.82%
  • Seattle Seahawks

28 41.18%
  • I just enjoy the game, without rooting for a team

5 7.35%
  • I won't watch the Superbowl

12 17.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Peyton is a Louisiana boy and graduate of Neumann High School. The Manning family continues to do a lot for New Orleans. They don't flash around their wealth or their talent and do a lot behind the scenes without taking credit.

As far as this area is concerned, there is only one acceptable team to root for. Lots of businesses have things like "Beat the Seedybirds" and "Chicken fried Seahawks" and "Geaux Peyton!"
    He went to college in Tennesse though.

(posting after the game):

Seattle played an almost perfect game. The defense was awesome, the offense (Wilson) kept converting on 3rd down, and they never let up. I had not expected such domination of one team over another; last several superbowls had been so close! I felt really bad for Peyton, but I am really happy for Seattle and their city. It's their first superbowl victory, and from what they said on TV, they had not won a major sports championship since the 1970's when they won the NBA finals. They did win a few WNBA titles, but I guess they don't announce that on ESPN.

vCash
    I switched over to the Kitten Bowl for much of the second half. I loved the balls on a track!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Bruno won the Superbowl! Was that the first non-lip synced halftime performance in a few years?

So Seattle, one of the greatest defenses ever or did Peyton just play that badly?
    Both, IMO. The Broncos never seemed yo really settle in, and the Seahawks defense was beyond anything they had faced all season.

I'm still amazed at how it played out, though.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    We went out and joined the fray on the streets for a little bit. Glad to be home now, but it's going to be a noisy night.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    We went out and joined the fray on the streets for a little bit. Glad to be home now, but it's going to be a noisy night.
    lol. you must be on capital hill or downtown? I am in Snohomish county.

vCash
    I am right off ALLLLL the action in Cap Hill.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Did they have fireworks in Seattle after the Seahawks won?

moving right along
    vCash
    Yes they had fireworks. We'll be celebrating for weeks on this win. Go HAWKS!!!!!!!

vCash
    That was pretty good TV, if you wanted to see a completely prepared team crush an unprepared team. Where were Denver's during the run up? I'm having a hard time understanding that they didn't seem prepared for Percy Harvin.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    CONGRATS to all of the Sea Hawks fans! Domination thy name is Seattle.

vCash
    Really have to tip your hat to that Seattle defense, especially considering all the offense-friendly NFL rule changes in recent years. They still put the beatdown on the NFL's number one offense, and on Peyton Manning no less. They truly had Denver's number - faster, stronger, more intimidating on both sides of the ball. Russell Wilson had some nice passes, too, but I'm glad a defensive guy got the MVP trophy; they almost never do.

Seattle fans, enjoy your first Super Bowl trophy, make sure you skip work (or at least take a long lunch) for the parade; it'll be worth it! That's what I did two years ago when my G-men won Super Bowl XLVI
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Did they have fireworks in Seattle after the Seahawks won?
    there was a local news report midgame - they were doing fireworks off the space needle during the game for every TD, but Seattle was scoring so much they had to start rationing them

haven't peeked out to see what, if any, mayhem ensued. Being Seattle, the streets were mostly quiet by 11:30pm

vCash
    Seattle is such a smart city! In some other places there could have been riots. They often have the police force ready at such places, just in case. I hope the win doesn't spoil the calm in the future either.

vCash
    not that smart - there was typical "let's burn something" (in this case couches, not cars) mentality on frat row in the University District, and a bunch of idiots in Pioneer Square damaged the glass in the pergola Still, relatively little mayhem and the city seems totally subdued today.

vCash
    I am so happy and thrilled for the people of Seattle!

As a Vancouverite, our American stations come from the Seattle affiliates (oh, how I loved shows like Almost Live and that talk show with Cindi Rinehart, who would recap all the soaps). So, my first real experience of a team being "decent" (oh, my poor beloved awful Canucks of the 80s--I was too young to remember anything of their 82 Stanley Cup run) were the mid-80s Seahawks under the tutelage of Chuck Knox (loved the name!)--Dave Krieg, Steve Largeant (my first football crush!), Eugene Robinson, Jacob Green.

This is the first time one of my beloved pro sports teams has won anything of note (I'm still waiting, Canucks and Mariners). I can't believe it happened!

vCash
    I almost never watch football - but when I do, I root for the Seahawks

yesterday was a fun game to watch, and as a non-fan of football in general, all the different ways they scored was pretty fun to watch - I can see why people get into it.

I thought the images of Mannings 'WTF?!' faces through the game was pretty funny - but I did feel a little sorry for them in the end.

mahn - I suspect you will wait a loooong time for the Mariners .
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123