Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    Ugh, I didn't find that one even the remotest bit funny, except for some reason the part where "Michelle" says, "you're making a mockery of our difficult sport," which kind of got me a little bit. I'm surprised I made it that long. I almost stopped it as soon as I saw Adam Carolla (and to a lesser extent Jimmy Kimmel), whom I've never heard say anything that didn't come across as either sexist or homophobic, and whose voice and way of speaking grates on me anyway. Things can be both offensive and funny, or deal with something that would usually be offensive but not be if it's done in a clearly satirical or essentially mocking the stupidity of the statements or scenarios that would usually be offensive. Sometimes controversial humor can be the funniest of all. But I thought these 2 guys were just being their usual asshole selves.
    I think that was the intention of the Mad TV skit, to show how society is and can be sexist and homophobic...and racist toward our sport. I believe the 4 men are coming from a good place. The guy who plays Scott Hamilton, I believe is gay himself, has done several comedic projects with Kathy Griffin and Margaret Cho, two big icons among gays.

I do remember awhile back how some of us were laughing harmlessly on ladies spirals and missing thumbs on pairs crotch lifts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Does anyone remember Tom Hanks Jason Priestly skit in '88 or '89? He was a skater, dressed in a baby blue cowboy outfit? The camera kept zooming in on his pelvis and he would pretend to shoot his prop revolvers from the hips?
    It was Tom Hanks. http://screen.yahoo.com/snl-sports-s...000000224.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Years ago, Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman did a hilarious Scott Hamilton and Verne Lundquist back when the Os were on CBS. Jason Priestly was the host (which shows you how long ago this was if Jason Priestly was a big enough celeb to host SNL) and played a male skater named "Brian" who pretty much splatted through his whole program. I'm pretty sure it happened right after Hubert's infamous '92 long program or right before, in which case it was pretty prescient on their part.
    That was PML hilarious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    OK, now THAT one I thought I was hilarious. Thanks for posting.

The one thing that would've made it even a little bit funnier IMO would be giving 2 sets of scores, the first set very low, and the second set very high, and him and the crowd and commentators showing more of a reaction to them.
    Last edited by RFOS; 01-30-2014 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    I think that was the intention of the Mad TV skit, to show how society is and can be sexist and homophobic...and racist toward our sport. I believe the 4 men are coming from a good place. The guy who plays Scott Hamilton, I believe is gay himself, has done several comedic projects with Kathy Griffin and Margaret Cho, two big icons among gays.

I do remember awhile back how some of us were laughing harmlessly on ladies spirals and missing thumbs on pairs crotch lifts.
    I don't know, I guess because they are former hosts of the sexist "Man Show" (which I know very very little about other than that they refer to women as "juggies") and speak in their regular voices that I'm not viewing these as exaggerated characters they're portraying to make fun of sexism and homophobia, just men who actually are sexist and homophobic and think they're funny but aren't.

vCash
    Pollyanna, that site is great!

Here is "Sale & Pelletier"

http://screen.yahoo.com/snl-sports-s...000000812.html
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    I did a tiny bit of "research" on Adam Carolla to see if he really was as much of a jerk as he's always come across to me or if I could find any redeeming qualities. Instead I learned even more hideous accusations of sexism, homophobia, and racism. Still think he's "coming from a good place"? Ironic that he says that women aren't funny but as a supposed "manly man" he's one of the least funny people who is considered to be a comedian that I've ever heard of. I'm guessing he thinks women aren't funny because they don't make as many of the asshole sexist and homophobic comments that he seems to think are hilarious (of course they are, because he says them). I haven't found any evidence that refutes my idea that he's an all-around asshole. I'm not usually that harsh to judge others and I know that everyone has some good and bad qualities, but his good qualities are very well-hidden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Carolla

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234