Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    The "costumes" or lack of made me LOL. What's a matter - no sense of humor?
    Yes, I have a sense of humor, sometimes a strange and stupid and twisted one, and make people laugh all the time. One of the easiest ways I connect with people is through humor. But I didn't find the sketch that funny. There are other things I find funny that others don't. It's a very personal thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    There were 10 Olympic spots available for US skaters this year.

How many of them were assigned in ways that did not follow the results of Nationals?
    How many of them had -strong- cases to not follow the results of Nationals? Pairs and men's had perhaps weak cases to do so. But this is hashed out in about six thousand threads already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RFOS View Post
    Yes, I have a sense of humor, sometimes a strange and stupid and twisted one, and make people laugh all the time. One of the easiest ways I connect with people is through humor. But I didn't find the sketch that funny. There are other things I find funny that others don't. It's a very personal thing.
    OK, I think that is not just personal but cool.

The sketch was....kind of lame, but watching it, the way they were dressed did make me LOL. To me it part of it was a parody of the importance of costmes and I think they got that part right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    What do you guys think of this one?

http://screen.yahoo.com/robin-byrd-show-000000419.html
    This was funny! When Kerri Strug came out I almost fell off my chair and SMG was funny as a very stressed out badass Tara...

The new one they did with the heterosexual skating was not funny...at all. When the guy grabbed the combos out of his pants I chuckled, but that was it...it just wasn't funny.

Quadless
    vCash
    Are you going to drag your tirade into each and every thread you frequent?

Is aggregate code for Sponsors?
    If so, I agree.

Let's use some perspective here. One skater did not just barely lose, or hit a rut - she basically in her own words turned in an "embarrassing" performance and was a distant 4th.

Faster, Higher, Sponsors" does not interest me when it comes to sport.
    Apparently you feel differently. Just like you preach that a fall is very important and should count for a lot of points.

I respect you but disagree with almost everything you write.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Bittybug, the answer is yes.

That's why I wish people wouldn't quote and engage with the troll, since some of us have already used the Ignore feature to solve the problem.

vCash
    Sorry. I'll stop

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    RFOS, I believe that the question was directed not to you, but to MrLucky.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    Bittybug, the answer is yes.

That's why I wish people wouldn't quote and engage with the troll, since some of us have already used the Ignore feature to solve the problem.
    I have used the ignore feature but not everyone is going to do so I have a warning for MrLucky.

MrLucky, I can't tell you what to post on this board but I can make you sorry you ever came here. The statute of limitations on your obsession runs out the day the Olympics starts. If you try to ruin our Olympics discussions by dragging your obsession into discussions where it is not relevant once the Olys has started, you will not get away with it. Do us all a favor, work on getting over it in the next few days so this won't come to pass.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Are you going to drag your tirade into each and every thread you frequent?
    And how is you constant stalking of my posts much different?

We just disagree. Get over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    I have used the ignore feature but not everyone is going to do so I have a warning for MrLucky.

MrLucky, I can't tell you what to post on this board but I can make you sorry you ever came here. The statute of limitations on your obsession runs out the day the Olympics starts. If you try to ruin our Olympics discussions by dragging your obsession into discussions where it is not relevant once the Olys has started, you will not get away with it. Do us all a favor, work on getting over it in the next few days so this won't come to pass.
    Does that mean you don't like my last post? You know, the article that used the term "bumped"? Egads!
    After the childish name calling you engaged in last night I hoped you might show a more mature side today.

Oh well thanks for the warning which is preferable to name calling. I think you are growing.
    Last edited by MrLucky; 01-27-2014 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    RFOS, I believe that the question was directed not to you, but to MrLucky.
    Yeah, but I quoted him. I won't bother anymore. At least I'll really, really try not to.

Quadless
    vCash
    And how is you constant stalking of my posts much different?
    Don't flatter yourself, honey. I have far better things to do with my time than go on the trail of a troll.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I did notice that they said the Heterosexual Figure Skating Champtionships were "live from Boston," nice detail there

vCash
    In my search for more SNL figure skating sketches, I did find this MadTV one, featuring impressions of Scott and Michelle.

A little sexist...a little homophobic, but that's what you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfZ42wVa78

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    (Read the polls...everyone I have seen disapproves of the selection committee's decision by over a 50% margin).
    And one should always make important decisions about sports based on random polls on the internet.

What amuses me is that this is not the first time that the results were not exactly followed and it won't be the last. But for some of you youngsters, maybe this is your very first time. That doesn't mean it IS the first time. Learn some skating history, why doncha?
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    In my search for more SNL figure skating sketches, I did find this MadTV one, featuring impressions of Scott and Michelle.

Thanks for the link, icejunkie. The sketch was so funny, so wrong, ha.

vCash

Just a little?

vCash

Ugh, I didn't find that one even the remotest bit funny, except for some reason the part where "Michelle" says, "you're making a mockery of our difficult sport," which kind of got me a little bit. I'm surprised I made it that long. I almost stopped it as soon as I saw Adam Carolla (and to a lesser extent Jimmy Kimmel), whom I've never heard say anything that didn't come across as either sexist or homophobic, and whose voice and way of speaking grates on me anyway. Things can be both offensive and funny, or deal with something that would usually be offensive but not be if it's done in a clearly satirical or essentially mocking the stupidity of the statements or scenarios that would usually be offensive. Sometimes controversial humor can be the funniest of all. But I thought these 2 guys were just being their usual asshole selves.

YEAH!
    vCash
    My TV guide says NBC is airing an SNL sports special tonight from 9 to 11 pm. Maybe some of the fs skits will be featured.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast