Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    Jeff's thoughts on Lindsey were kind of surprising. Usually he tears apart the people who voluntarily leave.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Jeremiah - funny how he figured out what they did when they gave him the 'clue', but Alexis did not believe him.
    That is why I was siding with Jeremiah for the vote - he showed some brains.
    But Jeremiah was the one who gave back the clue to Tony and Woo. Jeremy should have kept the clue as it proved he had been set up. If I had been in Jeremy's shoes, I would have told Tony and Woo that I ripped up the clue and threw it into the bushes so no one else would have access to it. And then when they left, I would have shown the clue in my pocket to everyone so they knew how manipulative these other two men were.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Alexis - have we ever seen someone crying so much on eviction?
    If I'm remembering correctly, most of her sobs were heard as she left the camp and her back was to us. I wouldn't be surprised if they hired some actress to dub in some sobs to make that scene more dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Speaking of, Woo was awesome in that knock off the statue challenge!
    Woo actually lost that challenge. Spencer out-smarted him. Spencer realized that if he threw his statue in the air, he'd have a couple of seconds and used that time to lunge at Woo and knocked Woo's statue to the ground before Spencer's statue hit the ground.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Woo actually lost that challenge. Spencer out-smarted him. Spencer realized that if he threw his statue in the air, he'd have a couple of seconds and used that time to lunge at Woo and knocked Woo's statue to the ground before Spencer's statue hit the ground.
    The first round, yes, that's definitely what he did. I remember the first time they ran this challenge, someone (Malcolm?) in one of the final rounds figured out that if you lob it in the air as high as you can and lunge at your opponent, you can get a win. I'm betting that Spencer had remembered this and borrowed the technique. Woo did get him in the second round for the game point, though. I was surprised nobody tried that tactic again after that.

vCash
    So...Kass is an idiot. But it made for a genuinely exciting tribal council - lots of fun! I had no idea which way it was going to go and the dual idol plays were fun as well.

Tasha impressed me as mediator in that she got Sarah back on side. One could argue that she should have done more for Kass but I'm sure she never in a million years thought Kass would be dumb enough to flip.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    So Kass figured that she was taking Sarah's place? And didn't figure that, hello, Sarah's place is now on the jury?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Kass might be book smart, but her vote made zero sense. She should have gone along with Sarah's plans and then flipped on her next week. She's #6 in the new 'alliance', but was top 3 in her old. Idiot.

And Sarah - if you've EVER watched a Survivor episode, once you utter the magic words about being the swing vote and say you're in control of the game, you might as well toss your buff into the fire, snuff your torch, and take the walk of shame.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Dearest Kass,

Congrats on your sixth place finish on Survivor!

yours,

PeterG

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Further proving that the Brains Tribe ain't all that smart, Kass writes herself into 6th place. What an idiot. But I loved how playing the duel Idols really resulted in nothing but wasting them. Wonder what the "special powers" are that the new Idol holds. I hope whoever finds it keeps it a secret. I hate it when everyone knows who has the Idol ahead of time.

I kinda want Spencer to win since I kinda feel sorry for him getting stuck with the idiots who don't think through their votes.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    So Kass figured that she was taking Sarah's place? And didn't figure that, hello, Sarah's place is now on the jury?
    No kidding! And both of them were playing personal, big mistake. I don't think Kass will even make it to 6th place now that she's marked herself as an unreliable flipper. Then again, the two tribes thing was never going to last anyway - they were together what, a few days? You just know most of them are saying "to the end" when they really mean "until it no longer works for me." Kass was dumb to give up on Spencer though - he's a smart guy who's playing a great game, and I would have stuck with him, or at least talked it over with him (which I don't think was edited out, given how shocked he was).

And Tony! At the very least he's going to be remembered, and will likely get himself invited back at some point. The guy makes awesome tv And he certainly got the effect he wanted - he assumed they were going to go after him or LJ and managed to save both of them in the process.

What I'm not sure about is why LJ gave up his idol too. He was sitting in a perfect spot, and could have easily kept it to himself, and probably should have, knowing that in the world of individual challenges he's an automatic target. Even if he meant to save Tony, that was a waste because it was quite clear from the other tribe's reaction that Tony's statement that he had it meant they were going to plan B instead of voting out Tony and that now Tony didn't need saving. It must have been something else we missed - some sort of symbol of a true alliance perhaps, although again, why show your cards when you didn't need to?

Also amused that the cops so easily turned on each other - I wonder if casting thought this would be a fun experiment, assuming they'd be loyal to each other and work as a partnership, until a million dollars was on the table.

Loving this season! If Jeff was meh on it, other than the quitter (which doesn't seem to have phased him) and losing his alpha male celebrity athlete, this is a great season - one of the best TCs ever last night. Sadly, I'm wondering if it's because the ending is meh - that someone wins by default (like say a Trish) rather than one of the real players winning (like LJ or Spencer or even Tony).

Looking forward to next week's idol scramble

vCash
    I like Spencer's interviews, but he should have done something about the Kass/Sarah fighting instead of standing by. We saw Tasha get in there (Love Her!) to talk to them, but Spencer wasn't shown talking to either of them. As one of the original 3 'brains', he should be paying attention to the social aspect.

Woo has to figure he's on the list to go, wonder if he'll be the next to try and make a move?

Finally - HOORAY for this cast - I love not seeing returning players.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Kass is an IDIOT. And now we're stuck with a dumb hashtag "ChaosKass"

So last night was interesting because I started out feeling like Sarah was a dope - and she did fall into the very typical feeling of false power that comes from being the swing vote. Gotta love someone who freaks out at the merest suggestion that she'd flip...and she decides to go show them by talking to Tony about flipping. And then tries to leverage that in her own alliance ("I get to decide who goes, because that's what the other side is offering me"). But I was thrilled that she was willing to get rid of Tony, even if she just WOULD NOT LISTEN to her tribe about why this wasn't the time. As soon as she refused to give her word as a cop to Tony, he knew she would not flip, and I knew she'd somehow be the target even though at that moment it didn't look possible.

Kass, Kass, Kass.... Her reaction to Tasha trying to smooth things over was so stupid. For someone who probably experiences a lot of difficulty in life stemming from speaking too bluntly to people for their liking, she sure is a sensitive snowflake. She's been with Tasha from the beginning - how could she have not taken time after that to talk about the conversation? And how was it not completely obvious that Tasha was trying to rein in someone who was being totally verbal about flipping???

That vote!!! Ugh, I was soooooooooo thrilled to see the Brains+ switch on a dime. And Sarah's face when it was revealed that BOTH of her targets had idols was classic. Her alliance would have pwned her from that moment on. Fecking Kass AND I would have never had to hear Jefra's voice again!

Another interesting point: for all of Tony's scheming, it was Trisha who made this happen. Her alliance actively tried to shut her down when she brought up the idea, and she went and did it anyway. Her alliance owes her, big time. I wonder if this will elevate her in the tribe (not holding my breath).

And Kass isn't #6 now. She's #10. No one will trust her, and I'm guessing having her around camp will make life hell for everyone.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Loving this season! If Jeff was meh on it, other than the quitter (which doesn't seem to have phased him) and losing his alpha male celebrity athlete, this is a great season - one of the best TCs ever last night. Sadly, I'm wondering if it's because the ending is meh - that someone wins by default (like say a Trish) rather than one of the real players winning (like LJ or Spencer or even Tony).
    That could be it, though it occurred to me as I watched the trailer for next week that this season has a lot of quarreling between women, which is also something Jeff doesn't seem to like.

If Trish or Kass wins it, I will not be a happy camper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    And Kass isn't #6 now. She's #10. No one will trust her, and I'm guessing having her around camp will make life hell for everyone.
    She might be #8 or #9 - Jefra's reaction suggests to me that she might campaign to keep Kass around for a bit. But agreed that she will probably go long before #6 and should she somehow manage to claw her way to the finals, she will not be getting any votes from the 5 that she turned on. Spencer's comment that Kass will not be winning this came is bang on.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

Another interesting point: for all of Tony's scheming, it was Trisha who made this happen. Her alliance actively tried to shut her down when she brought up the idea, and she went and did it anyway. Her alliance owes her, big time. I wonder if this will elevate her in the tribe (not holding my breath).
    Agree - to date I've been unimpressed with Trish and pegged her to be the one to break down at some point about how she's doing this for her son and herself blah blah. But that was definitely interesting, and makes me then rethink LJ. They made a big deal about showing us that she was smitten with him and giving us the impression he was just going along with it to save himself on his new tribe, but maybe there's a real alliance there. And the reason LJ returned the favour with Tony was to say "if the three of us stick together ..." It looks like Trish went out on her own, but maybe in the end LJ and Tony know they owe her like you say, and it's made the three of them solid.

As you said, Tony also realized that he doesn't have Sarah, so replacing her on their second tier with Kass (along with Jefra and Woo) works just as well for now.

vCash
    Dumb as the move was, that was a satisfying episode. Sarah was one of the most obnoxious players in recent history, so her getting bounced because she couldn't pick a side and stick to it was delicious.

Now just waiting for Tony to get his ass handed to him.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Tony told Sarah last night that she was final three with Trish and himself. Is it possible that Tony offered Sarah's spot to Kass...but the producers chose not to show that to us?

vCash
    Tony told Sarah last night that she was final three with Trish and himself. Is it possible that Tony offered Sarah's spot to Kass...but the producers chose not to show that to us?
    I realize that Tony is impulsive, but if he really thought Kass was on his side, why even say he had the idol, let alone use it?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Tony says so many things I think the editors can pick and choose their storylines. There's got to be something going on with LJ and Tony and/or Trish too because there's no way that LJ gave up that idol without a really good reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I realize that Tony is impulsive, but if he really thought Kass was on his side, why even say he had the idol, let alone use it?
    I think Tony wants to play big - he's probably like that in RL too. I don't see words like patient, prudent, careful, conservative ever being used to describe him

I'll also give him this - if the jury is looking for big moves, he's got that nailed, while those who work in the background often have a hard time selling the idea that they really deserved the win. I'm also wondering if he's playing for fan favourite - if the vote were today, he'd probably win it.

vCash
    Kass will make it to the Final 3 and get no votes. Since half the jury will be turned against her for sure, she is the best person to take to the Final 3 since there is no chance in hell she is going to win.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Why didn't the Beauty+ tribe just let Sarah do whatever she wanted? If they felt like she wanted too much, after the other tribe had only four people left, the Beauty+ tribe of six could have voted out Sarah and still had a five versus four voting block. They (Kass) should have just kept their (her) mouth shut and let Sarah have her way...and then get rid of her the next tribal council.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast