Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Good points on Lindsay's edit and Jeff's reaction. But this early - pre merge - is one quitter really going to ruin a season for him? If he's meh, then Cliff's exit and Lindsay's potential quitting would contribute to that, but there's a lot of season left and I wonder if meh is because the ending isn't interesting - it's either someone he's not big on, someone who won by default rather than earning it, a predictable ending where someone was clearly a front runner for much of the end game, or one alliance managed to dominate completely, or something along those lines.

Or I'm overthinking it
    Considering Jeff's love affair with alpha males, I think that so many guys being voted out early would be part of it. Jeff is usually meh on a season when a woman wins, so I won't be surprised if that happens this time. (And there are NO spoilers for this season so that is complete speculation.)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I wonder if Jeff realizes how pathetically obvious he is and that fans talk about it all like it's a known facts about him

vCash
    There's actually been a lot of alpha male action thus far this season, possibly more than usual because of the original tribal configuration. I think Garrett and Tony saw David and Cliff as rivals (Brains versus Brains, Brawn versus Brawn), and they might not have targeted other men so early on in the game under other circumstances.

vCash
    Well, I was disappointed to see Cliff go because I genuinely liked him. I would have preferred they got rid of crazy ass Trish or even Jefra, but since I'm not there, I don't have a say.

I hate the whole "You didn't talk to me argument" as a reason to get rid of somebody. Hello, what the hell is wrong with you approaching someone and starting up a conversation? What always amazes me is the amount of ego stroking and hand holding some of these grown ass people need. So, Trish decides she doesn't want Cliff around because he doesn't talk to her and keeps LJ, who caters to her Mrs. Robinson alter ego (she says that she's not her, but I think she's certainly flattered by the attention)? And yes, Trish, if they were really worried about winning challenges, I think that she should have been the one to go. I should have never said anything about her edit last week, damn it!

I was glad that the Brains finally got a win. Am I the only one that's pulling for a Revenge of the Nerds type win here?

I was really amazed at the fracture of the Beauty tribe and how quickly it happened. Wow and wow. Was it Spencer who compared it to high school? That's exactly what the hell it looked like. Except instead of trying to win prom queen they're trying to win a million dollars. And the funny part about that is that there were 3 Beauty tribe members and 3 Brains tribe members. The Brains finally showed us some intelligence by sticking together. The Beauty tribe has already decimated themselves. And until that point, no one had any more power than the other. On that tribe, right now, I actually think that Sarah is in the best position to use that entire situation to her advantage.
    Last edited by FiveRinger; 03-20-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    That worked out well for the Brains tribe. I was worried they were going to second guess themselves over their choice to keep Spencer over "loyal" J'Tia but the shuffle ended up keeping them together and putting them with people who didn't want to work with each other.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I was glad that the Brains finally got a win. Am I the only one that's pulling for a Revenge of the Nerds type win here?
    Nope! Except for maybe Woo, but he's probably in trouble now that Cliff is gone (which makes me sad).

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't get what y'all see in Woo. He hardly has any game, and I haven't seem him do particularly well in challenges. You guys know he is not Yul's brother, right??

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    If Lindsay does quit as the preview is implying, I can see that adding to Probst not being a fan of this season as he hates a quitter.
    Was Lindsay the one who had her leg shoved in the opposite direction any human leg should ever go (by Tony??) in that challenge? When I saw what he did to her, I thought, "is your game plan to hospitalize your competitors"? I'm wondering if she is having difficulty walking now, so wants to quit...

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I hate the whole "You didn't talk to me argument" as a reason to get rid of somebody.
    Those comments are probably a few seconds edited out of a 30 minute interview. I doubt most people make zero attempt to connect with somebody and then criticize that person for not approaching them. Trish is certainly not that type of person. I'm sure she has talked to him a few times but got very little back, so she focussed on connecting with others. Cliff did think he had all the power, so I assume he ignored those he did not need. We saw lots of shots of him standing around and doing nothing. Very entitled gentleman. And that bit him in the butt.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Cliff did think he had all the power, so I assume he ignored those he did not need. We saw lots of shots of him standing around and doing nothing. Very entitled gentleman. And that bit him in the butt.
    You may be onto something there. Not so much thinking he had all the power and could ignore those he didn't need, but in staying out of things and relying on others for information and doing the work. Celebrities can become quite separated as their people circle around them and keep others from getting too close, and for professional athletes, there are people to do everything for the team so that all they need to do is focus on the game. Maybe Cliff was habitually relying on others, ie. Woo and Lindsay, to find out what's going on and what people are thinking. The most shocked people (according to the edit ) seemed to be Woo and Lindsay, not Cliff, perhaps because they were playing more actively and were that much more certain that Cliff was safe.

I wonder if Woo also breathed a sigh of relief when Sarah ended up on another tribe, knowing she was leading the charge to get rid of Cliff a few days earlier, and thinking the threat was now gone.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I don't get what y'all see in Woo.
    Well, every time he shows up on screen my husband says Woo Hoo and that gets a laugh in our living room.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I wonder if Jeff realizes how pathetically obvious he is and that fans talk about it all like it's a known facts about him
    Yes, he does. He signed up on Survivor Sucks at one point and posted a few times, plus he has responded to such charges in interviews and on his blog. It's clear that he reads the fan boards.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I guess no one watched tonight

One desertion; one (authorized) camp raid; one blindside; another merge coming...
    Can't skate but love to watch

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I did, but I missed Lindsey's exit. I will have to catch it online.

Tony has got to be heading for a huge fall. That was a pretty smart trick he played on Jeremiah, but then he again revealed his hand to people who will still be playing for themselves at the end. Even if you make it to the final five, what are the odds anyone is going to let you go any further?

I was at Alexis' weeping at the end, but it's good to know that she's a fan and she really wanted it. The show is so much better when the players want to play and not just be on TV.

I was LOL when Spencer was talking about how he liked for smart girls to own their smartness--hope some of my female students heard that. And Spencer seems like a really smart guy in more than just the academic sense.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week!
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I watched too.

Lindsey's exit was pretty ridiculous. The excuse that she gave was fairly good (I'm sure she thought of it before the game started), but I don't believe her. She's nothing that she pretended to be. Seriously, Trish makes my ass itch too, but she wouldn't have cost me a $1 million.

Tony is playing the hell out of the game. But, Prancer is right. He's going to have a mighty fall. Just like last week when he was standing there and literally said, "How did that happen?" after his tribe lost immunity? He's going to be saying the same thing in a confessional. And his social skills are nil. Reminds me a bit of Russell Hanz except he's a little (just a little) more likable.

I don't trust Jeremiah, but Alexis sealed her own fate. She flipped on the beauty tribe first instead of banding with her tribe. What did that tell her new tribe? That she'd flip on them too. So, she had to go.

The Brains are working it. And I'm loving it. Loved Kass's line: "We just needed people to boss around. The brain needed a body. Now we're in."

I saw the preview for next week where Sarah is looking like she's the swing vote. Why don't I think it's going to be that easy?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Does Tony's voice annoy anyone other than me? It verges on fingernails on chalkboard at times.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I enjoyed the episode - so different.
    Tony - I agree - he is going to fall. Interesting comparison to Russell Hantz - more likeable and probably not as devious.
    And yes his voice was really annoying this episode. He is playing hard, which I like, but they know it.
    Jeremiah - funny how he figured out what they did when they gave him the 'clue', but Alexis did not believe him.
    That is why I was siding with Jeremiah for the vote - he showed some brains.
    Alexis - have we ever seen someone crying so much on eviction?
    Spencer - Dare I say he might win it all. He is very smart, physically capable, and does not appear to be on anyone's radar as a threat - yet.
    Lindsay - just sad. She should have kept her mouth shut and let Trish hang herself with her words.
    Trish - a person I do not want to know. How stupid was she when she got back to camp? You never know who will be on the jury. I do not think the 5 will last long. Trish might be a goat to drag to the end though. I hope she leaves soon.
    Sarah - looks very interesting next week? Tony is stupid if he does not use their past alliance to sway her.
    There are too many people on this season I want gone now!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I was thinking the same thing re Alexis - can't recall someone being so teary before. Interesting that she was in fact a big fan - I guess because she went early they didn't show much of that side of her. Morgan seems pointless - I'm hoping the lack of edit means she's out soon too, but it could also mean that her story will be told later on.

Tony is definitely overplaying, but holy crap does he have some creative strategies! I can't imagine that the others are as devoted as he is to F5 - at this point, LJ, Jeffra and Woo are just happy to be surviving and will likely go with anything. Speaking of, Woo was awesome in that knock off the statue challenge! But back to Tony - is it possible that his F5 stuff is just another misdirect? That when they merge, he'll have different plans entirely? He's sure playing a high risk game - can't recall another player who played that hard and that boldly - but as we've seen, there are a lot of other things that can happen that can work in his favour, notably more petty infighting.

Question though - he realized from the description that the clue was about the former beauty camp that he's in now. But how did he know that everyone on beauty had already seen it? Because in theory, wouldn't it make sense to keep the clue to him and Woo so they could go look for it, ahead of their own tribe and ahead of a merge when the beauties come back to their old camp and resume their search? We know LJ has it, but no one else does.

And sigh, Sarah. NEVER declare yourself the swing vote. Letting everyone know you could go either way may make them want your vote for now, but you'll be the first gone when they don't need the extra vote any more. Easiest thing for two tribes trying to sort themselves out is to unanimously choose one person to vote out (hello, Alexis), and that would be you at next TC.

TC was interesting - I'm sure this has happened, but maybe not so clearly before - a tribe anticipating merge, looking at the numbers, and voting out the person most likely to defect (rather than focusing on team harmony, challenge strength or the one that seams to come into play more often - who is the biggest individual challenge threat?).

My money's still on Spencer and LJ to the end - both excellent players who seem to be very focused on their game and not swayed by emotions or other distractions.

vCash
    Meh, good riddance to Lindsey I thought her exit was pretty whiny and phony. I understand that Trish wasn't saying the nicest things to her, but what was spewing out of her own mouth wasn't exactly sunshine and daisies either.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I was thinking the same thing re Alexis - can't recall someone being so teary before. Interesting that she was in fact a big fan - I guess because she went early they didn't show much of that side of her. Morgan seems pointless - I'm hoping the lack of edit means she's out soon too, but it could also mean that her story will be told later on.
    What was Morgan's problem with Alexis? She smirked through that boot like she had arranged it herself, but aside from them not being friends, they didn't seem to be particular enemies, either. And it sure didn't do her any favors in the game to have Alexis leave. Can she not count?

And sigh, Sarah. NEVER declare yourself the swing vote. Letting everyone know you could go either way may make them want your vote for now, but you'll be the first gone when they don't need the extra vote any more.
    Every time I see a Survivor waffling around about being the swing vote and being in charge only not knowing what to do, I think of Christy in the Amazon, who refused to commit to one side or the other until she figured out what her best move would be, so the two sides banded together and voted her out.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    What was Morgan's problem with Alexis? She smirked through that boot like she had arranged it herself, but aside from them not being friends, they didn't seem to be particular enemies, either. And it sure didn't do her any favors in the game to have Alexis leave. Can she not count?
    I thought the whole problem on the Beauty tribe started with Alexis trying to stir things, Morgan thought she had the numbers to get her out (including Jeremiah), but didn't.

I was really afraid the Brains would boot Jeremiah - honestly I think either Alexis or Jeremiah would be candidates for flipping, but Alexis was nothing more than Amber from S2, when she was practically invisible, as played by Amy Acker. Or: she was a really poor man's version of Fred from Angel. The tears at the end just made the whole thing a bit more evilly delicious (I have the feeling Alexis doesn't get denied things she wants very often).

Trish is awful but that was the lamest quit ever. The sand telegram to "Lindsie" was kinda funny.

Really wished that the Brains+ tribe could have won Immunity. Why were the puzzle folks not Spencer and Kass?

Tony has some great plays but again: overplaying!! I'm with y'all - this HAS to be a set up for a huge fall.

Oh, Sara.........
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    This article has Jeff's take on Tony. (I didn't see any spoilers, but as with anything proceed at your own risk. )

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast