Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    J'Tia was useless. It was nice to see the other SheBrains smarten up enough to see that keeping her was costing them more than just the rice she threw away. Spencer deserves to stay, after all his work. And that's twice Cliff has brought his team back from death's door, so I'm wondering how long he'll last after the resuffling . Will his new team appreciate his skills (they couldn't have designed a better challenge for him in the ball-tossing!) or be threatened by him and his $$$$? Amazing how the Beauty team has managed to work together so well, although there are signs of fracturing when they're not competing. Maybe they've managed to combine all their individually tiny brain cells into one functioning unit?
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    So much for the big theme of the season if they are merging already. Guess that's what happens when one tribe keeps losing.

I was on the edge of my seat for that TC - surely they would not even consider keeping J'Tia?? Loyalty my ass - loyal people do not sabotage their own tribe Spencer was smart to point out that erratic isn't good in Survivor, and the funny thing is that Cass inadvertently saw that Tasha was also being erratic in her own way in changing her mind every five minutes. Tasha seems ripe for the classic "I'm the swing vote" that leads to a classic "wow, I was blindsided."

Sarah, what a knob. She buys cop guy's lie about Cliff and the other chick hook line and sinker - to the point of wanting to throw a challenge to get rid of one of them. OK Cliff is a nice guy who could go far, but is it really necessary to eliminate him now because he's likely rich? I can see that being a decision at the end (although it should always be about gameplay IMO, not perceived income or net worth, but whatever), but now??? Originally I felt bad for her with cop guy lying to her all over the place, but now I have no sympathy for her and want her gone.

Interesting that Wu spun things for Sarah, saying that he's a fan but he'd rather "one of us" win the money. I ain't buying that Wu I think he's in tight with Cliff, would love to play with him, probably thinks he's a good shield, and that it will be obvious when it's time to get rid of him (F8 or F6 maybe?) and that if he makes it to the end, Wu thinks he can outsmart him and beat him in the end. Time will tell.

vCash
    I agree, Jenny, what a knob Sarah has turned out to be. I had high hopes for her at the beginning but now a few episodes in I can't wait to see her gone as she is a complete idiot for buying every last thing that comes out of Tony's mouth!

I'd love if Woo is really with Cliff but with the mini-merge coming up, its hard to tell if they can make it far into the game as a duo. Guess it will depend if they end up on the same tribe.

The biggest surprise to me so far in the game is JL. I'm usually not a fan of the mactors but he seems like a decent player so far and he will be carrying a hidden immunity idol into the mini-merge.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So the person who lies (over and over again)...whatever. But if you believe that liar's lies...you are a freakin' idiot?

vCash
    Owww, LJ's testicles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    So much for the big theme of the season if they are merging already. Guess that's what happens when one tribe keeps losing.
    IIRC, when they start with three or four tribes, they always have some sort of merger at about this point. At least it's apparently going to involve reshuffling instead of just absorbing the "Brains" into the other tribes, which they've done a couple of times before.

I think the theme of the next phase is going to be how Brains, Brawn, and Beauty work with each other.

If we're really lucky, the reshuffle will put Sarah, Lindsey, and Cliff on one tribe, and Tony, Wu, and Trish on the other, and it will keep Morgan and Jeremiah on the same tribe.

vCash
    Well, Survivor: Panama (Exile Island) absorbed their 4 tribes that were separated by both age and gender down to 2 tribes in the beginning of the second episode... so it could have been worse.

vCash
    Am I wrong for wanting another Steph & Bobby John type of losing tribe where the 'Brains' just kept losing until they were down to 1 person? Happy that Spencer has a chance to escape that group. So glad that J'Tia is off my screen. That was the biggest waste of a spot in a long time.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    That's who it was! We were talking about it last night (the being down to one person) and I thought it was Amber, and DH couldn't even remember it happening. Some fans we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So the person who lies (over and over again)...whatever. But if you believe that liar's lies...you are a freakin' idiot?
    Yes, now you're getting it.

I don't think Sarah's being an idiot, though; obviously the cop bond means way more to her than it does to Tony. So that's got to be frustrating for her, watching at home as he lies to her from day 1. Her edit does make her seem like an idiot, being so proud to smoke out the other cop but not realizing she was being fed a spool of lies.

vCash
    I think Tasha & Cass are in trouble of being voted out by their new tribes quickly. I think Spencer should be a welcome addition to any tribe but needs to proceed cautiously...in other words: use his Brain!

vCash
    @ Jamesy, but that's why Sarah's an idiot. Well, actually it's two-fold. Why would she believe anything that Tony says? He lied to her straight off when she asked him if he was a cop, and then, when it was convenient, he admitted it. Albeit days later. Now he's spun some other damn lies about Cliff and Lindsey and Sarah hates Cliff so bad she wants him out. So, she's basing her trust in someone who lied to her from day one and hasn't stopped. Oh, and the weasel has the HII. She's way too trusting for a cop. Her radar should have gone up on Tony when she caught him in the first lie and never went off.

I actually like Cass and hope she goes a long way. I can't remember when I heard her say this, but I like the attitude that she makes decisions and just lives with the consequences, just like a lawyer. I need some of that in my life! Spencer, because he's actually good at the challenges and a brain, won't last too long unless he ends up on a tribe with some drama and can find a bestie. It might be too late for him. Tasha is going to overthink her way right out of the game.

I'm still trying to figure out how the beauties didn't get together and get rid of Jeremiah. He's a cocky little turd. And he was more of a threat that Bryce was, in my opinion.

Is this the first time that a tribe was unsuccessful in throwing a challenge? I'm really hope we find out that Woo changed his mind about that whole idiotic plan. I like him and Cliff together. And I keep forgetting that Trish is there. That must mean that she's going a long way.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Spencer has a shot to get to the end. I think he's a smart, well rounded player who knows the game but got stuck with a couple of amateurs who have dragged him down. If the merge still results in two tribes, he's an advantage because they would have seen that he was carrying all the challenges and that's an opportunity to replace a weaker link. If it's one tribe, there are plenty of existing rivalries before anyone needs to get rid of the Spencer, Cass and Tasha, and if they do by chance come together to vote out the losers, I think Cass is the one who won't fit it with neither the former Brawns or Beauties and will be the easy vote. And by then, I can see Spencer makes some inroads with players like JL and Wu who know the game and will now be in need of numbers, and Cliff who's a nice guy and sees a potential team player to be aligned with.

I see Tasha running off from Cass and Spencer to make friends with the cooler kids, but as FiveRinger predicts, she's likely to overthink herself out of the game.

vCash
    Very minor spoiler:

Spoiler

I am so there!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I meant to post this after week 2 - the thing I hate about 3-tribe seasons is that the first tribe to go to TC is at a huge disadvantage because there just aren't enough people to absorb losing a person. I was happy with the way the Brains tribe voted in their 1st TC, and even their 2nd, but when they start at 6 players per team, there just isn't leeway for a learning curve. And good grief, J'Tia was useless. Probst had it right during the reward challenge when he said that J'Tia just panics - she was completely frozen trying to get that flag back on the platform and all she had to do was feel the edges. Sucks, because Kass and Spencer worked well together, and Tasha was a good caller.

Aargh, Brawn tribe! I want to like Sarah but she is being the most boneheaded player now. She has bought into Tony's lies but has now taken it to an idiotic level. She knows that throwing a challenge NEVER WORKS OUT, but still thinks it's the right thing to do Tony is a less evil Russell/Boston Rob - doesn't care about the lying, will say anything to get someone on his side, and is always, ALWAYS on top of everything going on. I thought last week that he would overplay and get caught out, but now that Sarah is stepping up the crazy, he can sort of sit back a little. Well, we'll see how the tribal shakeup affects things, but I wouldn't doubt he can spin something no matter who from Brawn he ends up with.

Woo is probably my favorite now.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the beauties didn't get together and get rid of Jeremiah. He's a cocky little turd.
    Are you getting Jeremiah and L.J. mixed up?

I see Tasha running off from Cass and Spencer to make friends with the cooler kids, but as FiveRinger predicts, she's likely to overthink herself out of the game.
    I think Tasha is going to flip-flop her way out of the game. Cass is going to have to make her understand that she needs to make a decision and then stick to it. At least sometimes! Tasha has gotten away with this because of the size and dynamics of her tribe, but others will NOT put up with this.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Probst had it right during the reward challenge when he said that J'Tia just panics - she was completely frozen trying to get that flag back on the platform and all she had to do was feel the edges. Sucks, because Kass and Spencer worked well together, and Tasha was a good caller.
    There's no arguing that J'Tia was beyond weak as a player and lost the challenge for the group. But why did the team leave her on her own? They should have paired her with Spencer and all J'Tia had to do was remain standing as Spencer and Cass did all the work. At the end though, I think Tasha panicked and her calling skills faltered. I wanted Tasha to tell J'Tia to bring her hand towards her to the base of the flagpole and then push the flagpole eight inches to the left. Or Tasha could have told J'Tia to use both hands...or feel the edges of the platform...or tell Spencer and Cass to come over and place the flagpole correctly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Are you getting Jeremiah and L.J. mixed up?
    No. He's smarmy and full of himself. While he was debating about which alliance to go with, they should have turned it around on him.

LJ is actually quiet enough not to gotten on my nerves yet.
    Last edited by FiveRinger; 03-14-2014 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Sarah's orchestration of throwing the challenge was the most boneheaded idea this season thusfar. Cliff has been a proven asset in challenges and their tribe has been on a complete roll. To want to get rid of him pre-merge because he doesn't need the money is a terrible strategy. If I were ever on this show I would never support throwing a challenge unless it was an absolute extreme case (ie: Brandon's meltdown from a few seasons ago). Wait until you actually legitimately lose a challenge, then you can vote him off. We saw that one tribe in Russell's final season throw it to get him out and then they lost challenges left and right and had no hope for any chance at the end.

I am going to laugh my ass off when Sarah ends up on Cliff's tribe next week and ends up needing to beggggg him for his vote. Considering that the brawn didn't end up losing the challenge and this plot seemingly came to a halt, almost makes me think that something will come on later down the season with Sarah needing Cliff for help with the irony being she was orchestrating a plot to send him packing early on.

vCash
    ^^I agree with you Fridge. I will go out on a limb and say that I have never liked the idea of people being voted out because of their supposed financial status outside of the game. I have always believed that the winner should be based on game play and what happens in those 39 days. Whatever life you have outside the game is up to and on you. I've just always felt that it was mean-spirited. If you want to get rid of former players, that's fine, I get that and it makes sense to me. But voting Cliff out because he's supposedly rich? I don't agree with that.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I am going to laugh my ass off when Sarah ends up on Cliff's tribe next week and ends up needing to beggggg him for his vote. Considering that the brawn didn't end up losing the challenge and this plot seemingly came to a halt, almost makes me think that something will come on later down the season with Sarah needing Cliff for help with the irony being she was orchestrating a plot to send him packing early on.
    I thought they showed the Brawn team trying to throw the challenge so we could all point at the hapless Brains and laugh one last time before they disbanded.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast